Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    I say good luck to them. I know of no startups, and I do mean NONE, that didn't have issues with initial launches, especially in the online world. Hell, even if a 10th of what they are predicting shows up, I can see them being down for a good few days from the rush in traffic.

Nothing says a good test then a public release of networked software. Get to see ALL the faults first hand.
    I mean, they're probably gonna get crushed with a lot of troll accounts, especially since they don't appear to have any rules against user harassment and shitposting.

So much like...uh...whatever the last platform Trump's guy launched, I fully expect TRUTH Social to similarly be spammed with videos of pigs shitting and pregnant Sonic erotica.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    The hosts of Trumntok say they are preparing enough servers for the more than 75 million users they're expecting.

"I forget, how many people voted for Trump?"

Less than 75 million.

"So...they're expecting literally every single person who voted for Trump, and then some more?"

Yes.

"...they're lying, aren't they?"

Yes.
    You're forgetting his fans outside the US. They won't make Truth.ca, Truth.ru, etc. It'll be truth in American. Like god intended.
    Brazil has a political party that's totally fondling his fupa.
    There is a contingent in Russia that'll be on it too. As their job.
    And more!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I mean, they're probably gonna get crushed with a lot of troll accounts, especially since they don't appear to have any rules against user harassment and shitposting.

So much like...uh...whatever the last platform Trump's guy launched, I fully expect TRUTH Social to similarly be spammed with videos of pigs shitting and pregnant Sonic erotica.
    "Free Speech" Spaces learn real fuckin' quick why big social media websites have rules and user agreements when their platforms get swarmed by trolls. Though they could always just do what all the top Conservative Subreddits do and just ban everyone that they don't like while they complain about Cancel Culture and Online Censorship.

Are the only rules is that you cannot use the service to well, mock the service and Trump?

10+ Year Old Account
    Are the only rules is that you cannot use the service to well, mock the service and Trump?
    I'm sure someone on /b/ will have a majestically photoshopped picture of Trump copulating with a baby Ivanka while Jared watches from inside a cage.

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    You're forgetting his fans outside the US.
    Valid. Doesn't sound like America First to me. Oh, and I'm guessing there are some international laws that'll require. Looking forward to the Russian bots, tho.

Apparently, yes. Can't harass staff (of which Trump is one, I believe) or trash the platform. But feel free to harass the fuck outta everyone else, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    https://mobile.twitter.com/ajplus/st...21349694279690

They’re doing everything they can to let a murderous shit get away with murder. Which will lead to him again taking up arms as he feels legally justified.
    Why'd the judge even bother stopping right before saying they can be called "antifa terrorists". It's extremely evident that's what he means, and wanted to say given the word selection he gave.

Why bother with the charade of a trial either, when Kyle has neo nazi defender as the judge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently, yes. Can't harass staff (of which Trump is one, I believe) or trash the platform. But feel free to harass the fuck outta everyone else, apparently.
    Well, there is also

13) use any information obtained from the Site in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person.

Basically saying you can't call bullshit on people because they would obviously view that as "harassment". Nothing about harassment using information gathered elsewhere though. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Source: https://truthsocial.com/terms-of-service
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugz
    Holes means you have less of a food to plate ratio, you can get more net weight of pancakes into the same volume and area as you could with waffles. Therefore pancakes win.

Quote Originally Posted by Kheirn View Post
    Well, there is also

13) use any information obtained from the Site in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person.

Basically saying you can't call bullshit on people because they would obviously view that as "harassment". Nothing about harassment using information gathered elsewhere though. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Source: https://truthsocial.com/terms-of-service
    I like number 15 myself.

15) decipher, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any of the software comprising or in any way making up a part of the Site.

Ahh yes, you aren't allowed to decipher anything on the site. I guess trying to figure out what Trump will say isn't allowed.

Number 18 is funny,

18) delete the copyright or other proprietary rights notice from any Content.

Didn't they just do that with the software to build the site?

I like number 15 myself.

15) decipher, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any of the software comprising or in any way making up a part of the Site.

Ahh yes, you aren't allowed to decipher anything on the site. I guess trying to figure out what Trump will say isn't allowed.
    The best part is, if it's true that they're using an open source platform to build this, the entire site is in violation of the platform (IIRC it was called Mastadon or something) EULA, which requires that any site built using the tech is also open source. Haven't checked up on that to see if we've learned more or if that was just some bullshit that got picked up for a second.

10+ Year Old Account
    Um...isn't it borrowed software? I don't think they can say this.

The best part is, if it's true that they're using an open source platform to build this, the entire site is in violation of the platform (IIRC it was called Mastadon or something) EULA, which requires that any site built using the tech is also open source. Haven't checked up on that to see if we've learned more or if that was just some bullshit that got picked up for a second.
    Last I saw, the guy who created Mastodon said he would be getting legal advice with regards to that.

Um...isn't it borrowed software? I don't think they can say this.
    Funny thing is you can make a 1 for 1 copy of the site and not use their logos(as that would be infringement) and be fine as long as you credit Mastodon as it is open source software.

10+ Year Old Account
    Funny thing is you can make a 1 for 1 copy of the site and not use their logos(as that would be infringement) and be fine as long as you credit Mastodon as it is open source software.
    As long as you make "your version" available. Any tweaks, changes, become part of "your version", which you have to make available as it's open source.

nah the best part is this

USER REPRESENTATIONS: If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current, or incomplete, we have the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Site (or any portion thereof).

Few other winners that will never be followed and can be under the "Why are you violating my FREEDOM OF SPEECH" if they were to actually ban people

use any information obtained from the Site in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person.

Fun, WTF rules:

including excessive use of capital letters
    as they proceed to use all caps in several dozen passages after this one.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    including excessive use of capital letters
    For...Trump? That doesn't sound right.

10+ Year Old Account
    For...Trump? That doesn't sound right.
    Remember, you can't call him out on it, that's a paddlin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    Remember, you can't call him out on it, that's a paddlin'.

They should double it til she has no pay left, then she will be crying.