Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    They should double it til she has no pay left, then she will be crying.
    She was "independently wealthy" before she was elected. Like Trump, she's not in it for the salary.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    She was "independently wealthy" before she was elected. Like Trump, she's not in it for the salary.
    And yet, she has to use donations to illegally pay for things.

She doesn't have to. She just does.

She doesn't have to. She just does.
    And I would laugh, if they did find out that she is the MAGA bomber from January 5th.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    As long as you make "your version" available. Any tweaks, changes, become part of "your version", which you have to make available as it's open source.
    Yes and:
    The SFC, a nonprofit organization that enforces these kinds of licenses, gave the network 30 days to comply with the terms or it will lose all rights to use the software.
    Let's see if they can get their shit together and post the code in time! Would be a shame if they lost the right to use that software and had to start from scratch.

Well yeah. You stay wealthy by not spending your money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    Yes and:

Let's see if they can get their shit together and post the code in time! Would be a shame if they lost the right to use that software and had to start from scratch.
    *cough*
    Black Antifa Muslim Communists censored our Bigly Beautiful Yuge TRUTH.
    Signed *in crayon* your favorite President.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Axios has a quick summary of the murderous insurrection committee's recent activities. Besides the info that two "rally organizers" are spilling their guts out of revenge:

• Jeffrey Clark, the former DOJ official whom Trump sought to install as a loyalist attorney general to help overturn the election, is expected to testify next week.
    • CNN reported on Tuesday at least five former Trump administration officials have voluntarily spoken to the committee. A committee spokesperson did not respond to Axios' request for comment.
    • A judge has scheduled oral arguments in former President Trump's lawsuit seeking to block the National Archives from turning over a first batch of documents to the committee. A ruling is possible in early November.
    • And the committee is gearing up to issue more subpoenas for witness testimony this week, Chairman Bennie Thompson (D-Miss.) told Politico.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    Too funny.
    I still think the case should be dismissed immediately if Trump refuses to take the stand, including being cross-examined. If he says something like "no, I didn't talk to any of the rioters" Twitter could crush him on cross, and then, the murderous insurrection committee could step in and ask for the logs.

10+ Year Old Account
    How in the hell is he still affording this nonsense? Is he finding dumber and dumber law firms to field his frivolous law suits who still think Trump will pay them?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    How in the hell is he still affording this nonsense?
    This is an increasingly good question. Lawyers must know Trump has a history of picking fights he never wins and not paying people. And suing to get back on Twitter won't come with a finding of damages. I suspect he's paying what few lawyers he has left a few measly bucks for them to throw paperwork at Twitter as a harassment tactic but does not expect this to be a real lawsuit.

- - - Updated - - -

Speaking of Trump lawyers, Eastman will be subpoena'd. Simply put, you can't expect to write "How Trump should have a murderous insurrection, a book by Eastman" and then advertise it at the murderous insurrection, and expect nobody to ask questions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post

Speaking of Trump lawyers, Eastman will be subpoena'd. Simply put, you can't expect to write "How Trump should have a murderous insurrection, a book by Eastman" and then advertise it at the murderous insurrection, and expect nobody to ask questions.
    Relevant, as the Simpsons always is:

Last edited by Kaleredar; 2021-10-27 at 06:19 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    How in the hell is he still affording this nonsense? Is he finding dumber and dumber law firms to field his frivolous law suits who still think Trump will pay them?
    He is hiring the greatest worst lawyer of all time. Lionel Hutz.

Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    There may be something to that.

The former president originally filed three lawsuits in Florida against tech companies, including Twitter. So far, two of the three have been bounced because Trump's lawyers filed them in the wrong court, according to Reuters reporter Brad Heath.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    To Lionel's defense, he wins most, if not all, of his cases. At least the ones we see him represent, anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

I've lost count of the number of "only sane person in the White House keeping Trump from doing all those horrible things he did". But yes, it's getting more and more ridiculous. Eastman personally and directly talked to the Jan 6th crowd, and when he did so, was 100% espousing all those views he had.

Based on what he said and how he said it, I'm wondering if this is less "please don't hate me for having a deplorable job, I was young, I needed the money" and more "the Jan 6th committee is about to get proof I was pushing for a violent revolution, and I don't want to go to jail for the crime I committed".
    Speaking of Eastman being a low down dirty lying seditious dog about to get caught: https://twitter.com/lawindsor/status...638496770?s=20
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

Tuesday's report:

69,634 new cases; about 10k fewer than last Tuesday.

Top 10:

Minnesota: 6,522 new cases; 22 deaths
    California: 6,324 new cases; 84 deaths
    Texas: 5,052 new cases; 143 deaths
    Ohio: 3,807 new cases; 53 deaths
    Pennsylvania: 3,740 new cases; 78 deaths
    New York: 3,393 new cases; 61 deaths
    Wisconsin: 2,958 new cases; 1 death
    Colorado: 2,452 new cases; 32 deaths
    Illinois: 2,213 new cases; 40 deaths
    Washington: 2,124 new cases; 37 deaths

Minnesota being at the top of the list is mainly a product of their reporting system coupled with the dwindling numbers from most of the rest of the country; their numbers are shrinking as well. California's total is higher than their previous Tuesday--as it was last Thursday and Friday--but I'm still holding onto the hope that it's an anomalous bump. Alaska took another huge leap in the wrong direction and is back up to about 140 cases per 100k. Only 15 states have vaccination rates of 70% (at least one dose) or better, and that's mostly New England and California.

1,451 deaths is nearly 400 fewer than last Tuesday and brings the total to 759,932. Texas continues topping this list and there is now less than 1k separating their total from California's. Arizona was the only other state with over 100 deaths reported on the day. The 7-day average is a bit under 1.3k but that keeps getting bumped up by Florida's delayed numbers game. Fuck Florida.

Related news:

Birx Estimates Trump Admin Could Have Prevented 30 to 40 Percent of COVID Deaths--We've seen this before, but I just wanted to add that that's a gross underestimate because it's not accounting for the huge swath of the population who refuses to get a vaccine in part because Trump spent 2020 teaching them to do the opposite of what science tells them.

Merck agrees to let other drug makers make its COVID pill--This is pretty great news on the global level as it will allow access to much more of the world.

FDA advisors recommend BioNTech and Pfizer’s COVID-19 shot for children--Another big step towards preventing another disastrous wave. Hopefully we can start getting more shots in arms within a month or so.

Stay safe, folks.

10+ Year Old Account
    1,451 deaths is nearly 400 fewer than last Tuesday
    Hey remember when

The US lost over a thousand people to this in 24 hours. A fucking thousand. Deaths, not cases.
    And everyone was like "Oh man this totally fucking sucks, if only we had some way to combat and control this deadly virus"?

...and now we have several and people are actively fighting the use of vaccines and masks, preferring horse dewormer and just flat-out dying?

Hey remember when

And everyone was like "Oh man this totally fucking sucks, if only we had some way to combat and control this deadly virus"?

...and now we have several and people are actively fighting the use of vaccines and masks, preferring horse dewormer and just flat-out dying?
    Yeah, and I didn't see myself doing these for a year and a half either, but here we are. I was pretty optimistic I'd be stopping soon back in mid-June but then Delta came along and, as you said, people decided snake oil was preferable to science.