Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Darkest Dungeon is easily one of my favorite games. Thats why I am going to wait to get this until its a little more complete so I don't get frustrated with a bunch of WIP stuff of burn out running the same chapter over and over. Like what I see though.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

7+ Year Old Account
    ugh epic game store guess money is worth more than customers for them

watched some streams yesterday, and the switch from 2D to pseudo-3D took some time to click, but it looks really nice.
    there are quite a few UI improvements i would wish for and also some more infos about relations and other stuff, but for a fresh release into early access this looks very promising.

Instantly fell in love with the 3D models

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Just a bunch of BS about Tencent having stake in Epic, which supposedly turns them into evil insidious front for spying on our super important lives. Basically hardcore tinfoilhatting. Oh and they made Fortnite, so we gotta hate them, that's what all the cool kids do.
    More like the constant moneyhatting of games to be Epic exclusive for 6-12, or longer just to prop up their storefront that's missing features that have been industry standard for over a decade now.

the transition to 3D looks flawless for its art style.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Someone please explain the "EGS Evil" meme to me.

My Smooth Brain still does not understand it
    It has more to do with it being a shitty platform.

People buy games on steam even though they already own them somewhere else.
    I do as well. Lots of my friends do too.
    EGS is just a "well, let me grab this free game in case I want to play it"-thing and then we forget about it all the time.

It's like google vs other search engines. Just that EGS is actually worse than others.
    Or Origin vs Steam.

Unless everything has changed, you really don't want to use that platform because it's just worse.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-10-27 at 10:47 AM.

hope they do well but doubt they will get the massive media/streamer hypetrain they got last time.

especially with this whole 1 year long beta, then no doubt 1 year store exclusive, only then multiple store release thing that's so common these days. honestly think that hurts more than it helps you are just diluting the attention you'll get too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    It's just still a shitty barebones store and nobody likes exclusives.
    Aside from that it's just a store.
    Pretty much this.

OT, Darkest Dungeon looks absolutely fantastic in 3D. I'm looking forward to playing this one once it's out of EA, even if I didn't stick with the original game for some reason. I don't know why - I was enjoying it, but just stopped playing.

I enjoy the added backstory to the character and the overall emphasis on the relationships. You are much more attached to the party through a number of design decisions. That's terrific.

Holy amazing creature design Batman.

Can’t wait to play at release.

Oh man, some of these routes can throw hard as hell encounters at you with a slim chance of surviving.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    It will be coming to other platforms as well. Early Access is exclusive to EGS.
    Only Early access? So when it actually releases it will be on Steam as well?

No way I'm wasting money on EGS, any game on that platform pretty much doesn't exist until it releases in other places as well.

I love the Art, the Warhammer/Lovecraft like World and the RPG System but i hate to lose heroes and start from the beginning again and again.
    I tried to play the first game 3 times but its just a big turn off after a few hours.
    Shame that they went this route.

Cant wait to play, Darkest Dungeon was one of my favorite games =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    I love the Art, the Warhammer/Lovecraft like World and the RPG System but i hate to lose heroes and start from the beginning again and again.
    I tried to play the first game 3 times but its just a big turn off after a few hours.
    Shame that they went this route.
    And how many times did you party wipe in DD1 and realize "Well... Shit"?

Plus, its Early Access and only the first chapter is out
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

So, for the first 4 or 5 runs I hated this game. Loathed it. Thought it was trash in comparsion to the original.

And then today, after about a 4 hour slog where I made it through all three areas in the game, reached the final boss and killed it with only one single death! My poor Plague Doctor bit the dust, but damn, that final fight! For anyone wondering, the final boss is a giant brain! Weirdly enough I called this way before seeing it, guessing that each node on the pass was like a nueron and that the sequal is in fact is the emotions/final thoughts of the end boss/player from the first game! When you come to realise that the hardest part of the game isn't killing the monsters, or running out of Hope or resources it's all about keeping your Sanity high, the game becomes much, much easier.

Having actually beat it with just the oringal four heros - nothing else unlocked except for a few skills, here's some tips.

• Upgrade the Plague Doctor's +resitance buff. It'll not only give the whole party +resistances for the next 3 turns but it also takes away a single pip of Sanity from each hero.
    • Make sure to keep your Sanity at 3 pips or below. If it goes over that, your team will start bickering and calling everyone a kill-stealer. If you're at 3 pips or below and aid your team-mates, then eventually everyone becomes friends.
    • While we're talking about Sanity, buy Laundenum. It stacks to 4, can be used once per turn in battle and removes a single Sanity pip.
    • Don't overly rely on DOTs to take out an enemy. I also found that just dog-piling one guy seemed to work better, than trying to spread the damage out over front/back row monsters. It felt like bringing them closer to the 1st place was more detremental to them than it was to the party, as the ranged monsters can't use their ranged attacks up close.

I seriously can't wait for this to come out of early access now. The devs posted a team statement, where they said they didn't want to make just Darkest Dungeon 2.0 and actually a new game. I think they've done just that. It's weird how much of a "eureka" moment I had after reading the forums and realising the secret to the game is keeping your Sanity low. Once you've done that, it's incredibly easy!

Quote Originally Posted by zaxlor View Post
    So, for the first 4 or 5 runs I hated this game. Loathed it. Thought it was trash in comparsion to the original.

I seriously can't wait for this to come out of early access now. The devs posted a team statement, where they said they didn't want to make just Darkest Dungeon 2.0 and actually a new game. I think they've done just that. It's weird how much of a "eureka" moment I had after reading the forums and realising the secret to the game is keeping your Sanity low. Once you've done that, it's incredibly easy!
    I also found Bolster to be a great help as well. Don't need to do much with the Grave Robber and Highwayman, they are fine no matter what. The Plague Doctor and Man-At-Arms really hold the party up with investment.

10+ Year Old Account
    My go to team is Grave, Plague, Hellion and Man at Arms. Plague + Man at Arms can practically make everyone unkillable, Grave is unkillable by itself and has excellent attacks in all positions and Hellion is extra stress relief as well as good mix of damage and off-tanking.

I do rely on dots too much though, so everything that is giga resistant to Blight AND Bleed is a major annoyance to deal with - ultimately they can't kill the party, but it then takes zillion turns.

I want to see if I can manage some balls to the wall direct damage comp instead.

Feels like they emphasize more on story rather than gameplay this time around. Everything is currently watered down and more simple even though it follow same ish theme. Running over debri is kind of meh as a mechanic would be better if those were actually curious, less frequent ofc, where you can use your inventory to gain buffs.

Combat is great though. Almost everything is an improvement. It's less rng and more tactical. I think the rng that's there is enough.

Hopefully they flesh things out a bit more when it comes to the world. I also miss being able to swap my party out depending on where I'm going and such.
    Error 404 - Signature not found