Season of Mastery Beta Updates - October 27, 2021

Season of Mastery Beta Updates - October 27, 2021
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    The Season of Mastery Beta is back online following maintenance and includes the following updates.

Week 4 of open Beta (October 27)

• Many groups of Guard NPCs that were removed from Alterac Valley in patch 1.11 have been restored for Season of Mastery.
    • The denizens of Blackrock Depths have grown more leery of criminal activity and will now attempt to stash their most valuable items away if they suspect that a thief is in their midst.
    • Many adjustments have been made to the raid encounters in Molten Core and Onyxia’s Lair.
    • The PvP honor system has been adjusted to accelerate the rate at which players rank up.
      • Developers’ notes: Each week, the Honor system keeps track of players’ PvP participation, and at the end of the week, player-characters with at least 15 honorable kills are sorted by PvP participation. Once sorted, the system decides how many points to award that week, and the sorting is independent of the character’s current PvP rank. The system then awards a calculated number of expected points, and the calculation uses the character’s current PvP ranking points. This can be simplified to: (this_week’s_expected_points - current_ranking_points) * rate_factor. The result is then added to the character’s current_ranking_points, so each week, every player-character approaches their deserved rank. In Classic Era, the rate_factor (i.e. the percentage of the previous week’s expected points that will be awarded) is 20%. In Season of Mastery, we are increasing that rate to 40% to match the faster pace of content.

Please join us starting tomorrow at 2:00 p.m. PDT (5:00 p.m. EDT) for another round of raid testing. Molten Core and Onyxia’s Lair will be open for 24 hours.

Thank you!

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    The denizens of Blackrock Depths have grown more leery of criminal activity and will now attempt to stash their most valuable items away if they suspect that a thief is in their midst.
    So, instead of fixing the bot problem, break it for all rogues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Woo Mandatory Pee Vee Pee to be competitive in Pee Vee Eee

The PvP system changes interest me greatly. Now if only they'd rebalance classes/talent trees, I'd play the hell out of this new classic.

"we want classic!" sooo.... guess they were not fine with classic after all then. or why do you have to "fix" that much?

Quote Originally Posted by bjoerninger View Post
    "we want classic!" sooo.... guess they were not fine with classic after all then. or why do you have to "fix" that much?
    Are you dense? It's a seasonal server, not a change to Classic Era. You can go back and play Classic as it is now forever if you want.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    Are you dense? It's a milking your Money server
    No problem.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    The PvP system changes interest me greatly. Now if only they'd rebalance classes/talent trees, I'd play the hell out of this new classic.
    I don't suggest changing the gameplay cause thats too much change.

Many people have different opinions about what is "Classic".

I do believe "Classic" is a philosophy of design centered around the overworld of Azeroth. In opposition to "Retail" which focuses the design around its dungeons.
    It's not a sepia image of a past time. It allows quite some changes as long as those changes benefit roaming the overworld of Azeroth.

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    "Mastery Beta" sounds WAY TOO much like something else entirely. >.>

#Nochanges have been done already. Players have experienced it, done it. In fact, people can at any given time jump on a classic era server and experience #nochanges. It might not be 100% like it once was, but its the closest Blizzard can take it.

With seasonal classic coming, Blizzard should be way more creative with it than they have been so far. The changes so far really havent been that huge, hopefully they are more creative and daring in the future.

what a dense dude you are,
    1st people who want changes and "no chang tards" arent the same
    2nd its an entire different server with new characters
    3rd git gud.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Woo Mandatory Pee Vee Pee to be competitive in Pee Vee Eee
    We are talking about classic: you need blue gear to be competitive in PvE, even if they buff the health pool of onyxia and MC. If this is not enough, get a flask and that's it. As long as you can press 1 as a mage, you will deal enough damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    We are talking about classic: you need blue gear to be competitive in PvE, even if they buff the health pool of onyxia and MC. If this is not enough, get a flask and that's it. As long as you can press 1 as a mage, you will deal enough damage.
    My main-spell-with-cast-time is always on 2. In 1 I have some instant spell!
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.

Ugh couldn't imagine doing this crap all over again. More power to you guys if you want to sink hours into this

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    The denizens of Blackrock Depths have grown more leery of criminal activity and will now attempt to stash their most valuable items away if they suspect that a thief is in their midst.
    So, instead of fixing the bot problem, break it for all rogues.
    how many legit rogues were sitting there and pickpocketing all day long?

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    how many legit rogues were sitting there and pickpocketing all day long?
    My wife often did that mixed with opening the lockers

Still no changes to classes? I was hoping for some balancing and enabling of underused specs.