Page 1 of 2
LastLast

"Come back and just pvp a little with me"

"Okay I will try it out again"

Queue for random BG

Log out

I tried...

Should probably wait a week for 9.1.5 then...?

This season has been rolling for 5 months, if you could compete Vs someone who has been grooming his character for that long, then what would be the point of playing daily in a MMORPG?

Play for that long and then tell me if you are still getting 50k aimed shots to the face...
    Last edited by melzas; 2021-10-24 at 10:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post

This season has been rolling for 5 months, if you could compete Vs someone who has been grooming his character for that long, then what would be the point of playing daily in a MMORPG?

Play for that long and then tell me if you are still getting 50k aimed shots to the face...
    Understood but what if I was a new player who just dinged recently and wanted to experience entry level pvp in wow. Am I supposed to not compete/have fun for 5 months to make that Aimed shot hit for 10-15k?

Quote Originally Posted by Mexh View Post
    Understood but what if I was a new player who just dinged recently and wanted to experience entry level pvp in wow. Am I supposed to not compete/have fun for 5 months to make that Aimed shot hit for 10-15k?
    New players aren't intended to jump straigh into PvP and never were. As a new player you would probably start of doing pve stuff, farming world quests, learning game mechanics and classes, and once you get a hang of it and some decent pve gear with some versa on it, you can go bgs.

Also starting mid season mid expansion is obviously the worst idea. If you were around since the start (preferably during expansion launch) you wouldn't run into this problem as most people would be gearing up just like you.

Don't make a Pikachu face when you try to compete ina race where everyone had 5 months of a headstart...

Kinda to be expected, no?

It's the end of a season, anyone just starting now is gonna get smashed by people who have been playing actively.

Also, it's been the formula from the start, yet here you are 'surprised' by it.

Go at it in 2 weeks, you'll get to equal footing in no time.

9.1.5 doesn't have any pvp balance... so not sure what he should be waiting for?

There's still people doing BGs?

PVP has been dog water for a long long long time.. do not come play WoW to PVP and expect a fun time.

WoW PVP twitter brigade complaining about PVP templates in Legion led to this shitshow.

Also, people saying it's to be expected when the man has queued up for a RANDOM battleground? People still huffing farts from the only PVP designer left.
    Last edited by Eladia; 2021-10-24 at 11:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tdownpour View Post
    WoW PVP twitter brigade complaining about PVP templates in Legion led to this shitshow.

Also, people saying it's to be expected when the man has queued up for a RANDOM battleground? People still huffing farts from the only PVP designer left.
    This.

Just a whiny bunch of whiny people that know they aren't all that compared to an average joe when they go without the gear advantage.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    9.1.5 doesn't have any pvp balance... so not sure what he should be waiting for?
    Starter pvp gear gets massive buff in 9.1.5, also requires less honor per upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexh View Post
    You spendt ALOT of time being farmed in bgs/arena for honor & conquest, and gear up via the shitty pvp system Blizzard has in the game. By the time you reach decent ilevel you are sick and tierd of it all. Its only getting worse as the xpac goes on, for new players that is.

- - - Updated - - -

Starter pvp gear gets massive buff in 9.1.5, also requires less honor per upgrade.
    Yes, but sadly its to little to late. People might get back for 9.2, doubt for 9.1.5. I seriously cant believe why Blizzard made the horrible pvp gearing system in the first place. Its a total shitshow. At the very least, let people obtain decent honor gear at a reasonable pace. Now you get shite honor gear that you gotta upgrade 7 times. Horrid.

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    This.

Just a whiny bunch of whiny people that know they aren't all that compared to an average joe when they go without the gear advantage.
    Shh, you arent allowed to say this, its WoW, you are an elitist toxic player.

News at 11, 99% player is angry someone that actively plays the game and has geared up, destroys him and he is mad he isnt the one destroying.

Or you people could accept the fact that you dont want to PvP, you want to be the one being overgeared and stomping undergeared players as it has always been the case for the last 17 years, and you somehow believe it classifies as "PvP skill".

They gave templates to stop this so its more fun, and you whined, now enjoy getting 1 shotted.

I know that some people have higher skill and better gear, but one-shotting shouldn't be happening EVER.

Same with the random procs from Kyrian Paladins.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    This has been the same experience for 15+ years. why is it a huge problem now?
    Yes, it's been a huge problem for 15 years. Blizzard overcorrected once to babies cried, Blizzard walked all the way back. Shit game design if you ask me.

pvp design is shite if you can just grind ur way to power instead of it being pure skill.

imagine battlefield or call of duty but after each month u play you get 20% more damage and health.

damn shite

This is the very reason why pvp is terrible in Wow. The only thing that could save it are stat presets but sadly top-end raiders and top-end pvpers whined long enough so Blizzard finally returned pvp to it's "natural" state which is ganking. And by "save it" I mean welcome to anyone besides hardcore fanbase. Presets were a great step towards player's skill mattering more then their gear, sadly community didn't like it.

I hate current state of retial so much... but this is correct OP.
    This game should work that way.
    As an undegeared returning player you should be one shotted by BiS raider/PvPer.

So let me get this straight? You come back, you are undergeared and you see someone casting an aimed shot inside their cds and you dont pop a defensive? Ok. Get rolled.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Did you read the patch notes? Because there are some PvP balance changes to classes and also to how you obtain gear/how strong it is in pvp. They even posted that they wanted newer players to be able to get in competitive pvp faster. Read a little bit before posting plz.