Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    are you impying women or non binary people dont have skills for the job? wow dude...wow
    Any time you limit your hiring pool you’re not going to be getting as good candidates as if you didn’t put that limitation in.

Quote Originally Posted by BelziBhaal View Post
    Diversity is a disgusting racist ideology. We are supposed to be living in a meritocracy. Those who are most qualified should get the job. It should not go to someone who is a woman or "non binary" (this does not exist btw. It's a delusion). If I was given a job simply because I am a black woman, I would be fucking furious. I want to get a job because I have fucking well earned it. Not because of what my skin colour is or what is between my legs. To so is demeaning and racist. It says that I only get the job because I am a black woman and I would not have gotten it otherwise.
    Yep, I don't know why/how minorities are happy about this. If I were a woman and I realized I was hired just because of my gender I'd be pissed, because I'd feel like all my skills, all my knowledge, all I built throughout my life was meaningless and I should just thank the world for being a woman.

-MMOCbros, I thought Blizzard was going to close down, what’s going on? Did we lose?

Holy shit this is cringe, imagine being hired not because of your talent but because you are "non-binary" and check a box for Activision-blizzard. and i'm sure their new "investigative process" won't jump to any conclusions and fire someone immediately as soon as accusations start getting thrown about.

If you pick someone for something because of race/sexuality/etc, then you are being literally the opposite of inclusive, because you will say no to someone that could be better prepared for the job.

Inclusion = Exclusion

You pick someone to exclude someone else.

Get people based on skill, passion, and the will to improve, so, the better candidate for the job, without caring about anything that has NOTHING to do with the skills required for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Oh yeah, after them reassuring that there will be more women, minorities and whatever else i definately feel motivated to resub. These are definately the most important things to do in current state of game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BelziBhaal View Post
    Diversity is a disgusting racist ideology. We are supposed to be living in a meritocracy. Those who are most qualified should get the job.
    The world hasn’t worked that way since forever, unfortunately. One step forward, two steps back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Yep, I don't know why/how minorities are happy about this. If I were a woman and I realized I was hired just because of my gender I'd be pissed, because I'd feel like all my skills, all my knowledge, all I built throughout my life was meaningless and I should just thank the world for being a woman.
    If you wanna see how absolutely sickening this ideology is, go watch this video by Ben Shapiro. It has some really really good points on how forced diversity does nothing but put the civil rights movement for black people back 70 years. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWgnX84KD7A Diversity is the only institutional racism that exists in America.

Obviously not hiring a woman, a person of color, transgender, etc, that is qualified, experienced, and good for the job, simply because they are a woman, because they are black, gay, and so on. That's insane

No one should lose their job or not get the opportunity due to gender, race, or sexual orientation.

but... "We will increase the percentage of women and non-binary people in our workforce by 50% and will invest $250 million to accelerate opportunities for diverse talent" which means they will hire people over others who are qualified, experienced, and skilled at their jobs. Now qualified people will lose jobs/opportunities simply because they are white and male. So how the fuck is this sorting anything? They simply turn the tables and act like it's ok for one to do it, but not the other

Blind hire is the only way. Hire the best person for the job regardless of sex, gender, sexual orientation and race. Everything else should be irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    A diverse workplace is better than a non diverse one. It’s not like there aren’t talented female/NB developers out there
    Wrong, simply because something is "diverse" does not necessarily make it better. I don't know where you came to this conclusion. Hiring based on merit and performance along with cracking down on workplace harassment is the answer here, not slapping "im a snowflake!" on your resume to increase your chances of being hired, which is exactly what will happen.

As a customer I don't give a rats ass how diversified you are, if you're product sucks I'm not buying (and IMO it's sucking hard). *hell I could not tell you who 99% of the people behind the game is or what race\color\etc etc etc they are anyway, I always thought being Kotick he outsourced it to child slave labor somewhere in Asia anyway.

More diversity. Sweet
    Last edited by Hyrja; 2021-10-28 at 03:10 PM.

I've personally witnessed hiring to fill a quota and the person understood their position and was able to maximize that position. So much so, because they didn't possess the skills to conduct the role effectively, there were no expectations of them to accomplish anything so they got paid well to do nothing. Additionally, because they did nothing, they were able to partake in a second, full time job outside of the current company and make 2, full time salaries while doing very little. I agree that there should be an emphasis on equality and every company should take an unbiased approach towards hiring from the start but not at the cost of filling a quota.
    Last edited by Erous; 2021-10-28 at 02:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by unixxx0rn View Post
    please tell me this is b8 you purple haired freak. you are exactly the disgusting marxist anime creatures destroying every industry. how disgustingly racist and sexist. completely outrageous. it is literally illegal to do what they are doing.
    No, discrimination is only illegal if it targets certain groups. If it targets the right people, it's not only legal, it's the RIGHT and FAIR thing to do! As others on this thread have said, the hiring process should be a blind process, where the person is hired on their merits and their sex and race and everything else that isn't pertinent to the job whatsoever isn't revealed. Unfortunately, checking those boxes and making the SJW's and progressives happy is far more important than rewarding hard work, skill and talent. Surprise, surprise.

10+ Year Old Account
    get that fucker out hes the reason shit is so bad now

"Lastly, I want to ensure that every available resource is being used in the service of becoming the industry leader in workplace excellence. Accordingly, I have asked our Board of Directors to reduce my total compensation until the Board has determined that we have achieved the transformational gender-related goals and other commitments described above. Specifically, I have asked the Board to reduce my pay to the lowest amount California law will allow for people earning a salary, which this year is $62,500. To be clear, this is a reduction in my overall compensation, not just my salary. I am asking not to receive any bonuses or be granted any equity during this time. "

Wow. what an absolute moron. How about if you want them to have more resources for this. You pay back the 200 or so mill you got in a bonus?
    Not fucking hard to reduce your salary to look like the good guy when you have a bank account full of millions now is it
    Last edited by glowpipe; 2021-10-28 at 02:52 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    lol... why the fuck would you not have zero tolerance to it from the start?
    They did have zero tolerance they just didn’t actually act on it, people like Morhaime reprimanded people who came forward and JAB dragged his feet.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

so they really, really, really want to kill their own company, good to know
    better find some other game, WoW will die quicker than expected

50% workforce based on sex and not on skill is the worst thing they could ever do

Quote Originally Posted by unixxx0rn View Post
    exactly. diversity just means anti white at this point it is clear as day. you can keep your diversity thanks, I will keep my people.
    Asians are also not selected for because of "diversity" because we tend to do well in areas like math, programming and such, so they always "have enough" asians and whites, disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Literally not what I said at all. I'm not implying anything, I'm very clear in what I said which is what Activision said. Activision said that if there's a man and a woman of roughly equal skill applying for the same position, they'll automatically hire the woman because she's got one organ instead of the other. It's simple.

Also why do you assume my gender, I am indeed a dude but you couldn't have known that, that's very presumptuous of you. Daddy Activision wouldn't approve
    Do not engage that trash, you fell for it.