Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    Blizzard is having their cake and eating it, too, with the portals. They exist in the lore to justify the players traveling back and forth, but the narrative doesn't utilize them in the slightest. They exist for the players, essentially, and no one else.
    I took the portals as non-canon. Not only is it stupid how easily they made them, but does continue to poke holes in the story. Although portals in general cause major plot holes in how they would be utilized in war.
    Last edited by GR8GODZILLAGOD; 2021-10-28 at 02:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with

Quote Originally Posted by GR8GODZILLAGOD View Post
    I took the portals as non-canon. Not only is it stupid how easily they made them, but does continue to poke holes in the story. Although portals in general cause major plot holes in how they would be utilized in war.
    BFA would’ve ended if someone portaled a piano onto Sylvanases head in Orgs throne room.

Might as well whine about who pumps the Batmobiles tires. Bolvars spiel about “you may never return” was exclusively about the Maw which you then escape from.

Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    Blizzard is having their cake and eating it, too, with the portals. They exist in the lore to justify the players traveling back and forth, but the narrative doesn't utilize them in the slightest. They exist for the players, essentially, and no one else.
    It's even worse, they actually are used by some NPCs, namely Calia and Taelia. They are 100% canon this time around.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Felis igneus View Post
    It's even worse, they actually are used by some NPCs, namely Calia and Taelia. They are 100% canon this time around.
    Remember the Dark Portal? Remember how much effort it took for a portal across a long distance? Now we're just casually dropping portals to the afterlife.
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    BFA would’ve ended if someone portaled a piano onto Sylvanases head in Orgs throne room.
    Portals have been addressed in the books, and it was mentioned they can be "scrambled". Permanent portals require constant upkeep (as evidenced by the NPCs in the portal rooms)
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

7+ Year Old Account
    Remember the Dark Portal? Remember how much effort it took for a portal across a long distance? Now we're just casually dropping portals to the afterlife.
    Power creeps are a common thing in long lasting franchises.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

I mean, it's a thousand times larger than a 'regular' portal, intended to bring an entire army across quickly, and apparently does not require upkeep, of course that was "expensive" to build.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    I mean, it's a thousand times larger than a 'regular' portal, intended to bring an entire army across quickly, and apparently does not require upkeep, of course that was "expensive" to build.
    Well, actually WoD portal was maintained by Team Gul'dan.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    That one also has to bridge time and space though and needed to overwrite the original DP link to outland as well.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2021-10-28 at 03:55 PM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Yep, because the Iron Horde didn't fuel thousands of Draenei souls into it to create a quasi-constant tear in the fabric of reality, like happened with the MU Dark Portal, and consequently shut down when we *checks notes* freed Gul'dan and two other powerful warlocks... hmm, I guess the Iron Horde's assault was a greater threat at the time.

(Obviously, I was talking about the original Dark Portal)

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Gul’Dan and co were just there as a focus they were still feeding souls into the Wod portal.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post

Did anyone notice this btw?

It's not fan-made. It's officially in blizzard files. Is it just for "nothing better to do", or is it part of "something bigger"?
    It's... pretty cool. My guess is that they were(are) meant for some sort of a scenario. Iirc, the starting leveling experience for Worgens had many assets(Gilneas, resembling Victorian England), that weren't used anywhere else in the game. Might be wrong, tho.

Them being somehow connected in any way to a future "player housing" feature seems unlikely.

Maybe they do want to update the old zones, but if that's the case, imo, they'll do it similar to the old races character customization- a bit by bit upgrades span across numerous expansions, not strictly as a main selling feature of the next one.

Are they already in the game? Like, can I find one of these on the live servers, right now?

Quote Originally Posted by UndedoKoleda View Post
    It's... pretty cool. My guess is that they were(are) meant for some sort of a scenario. Iirc, the starting leveling experience for Worgens had many assets(Gilneas, resembling Victorian England), that weren't used anywhere else in the game. Might be wrong, tho.

Them being somehow connected in any way to a future "player housing" feature seems unlikely.

Maybe they do want to update the old zones, but if that's the case, imo, they'll do it similar to the old races character customization- a bit by bit upgrades span across numerous expansions, not strictly as a main selling feature of the next one.

Are they already in the game? Like, can I find one of these on the live servers, right now?
    You won't find any of them live indeed, because even though the buildings were datamined in patches 9.0.1 and 9.1, they have not been used yet, which is leading some of us players speculating as to why. Same goes for all the extra night elf buildings from Darkshore, the Hearthstone tavern, the Silver Hand / Lordaeron shield models, etc.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Looks like this is week when they dump all bad or drama inducing info.

At least end of the year will be filled with more positive events than most of 2021 (9.1.5 with catch ups, anniversary with new stuff and maybe some nice alt leveling, Legion timewalking with M+/Mage Tower, likely 9.2 reveal). Hard to screw up any of these, right? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post

At least end of the year will be filled with more positive events than most of 2021 (9.1.5 with catch ups, anniversary with new stuff and maybe some nice alt leveling, Legion timewalking with M+/Mage Tower, likely 9.2 reveal). Hard to screw up any of these, right? Right?
    This week for 9.2? I don't think so

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post

Unless you're a white guy and looking for a job at Blizzard, or your a current secret sex pest at Blizzard, hard to see how the Kotick thing is meant to be bad or drama-inciting.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    I agree, I think they'll let 9.1.5 breathe a little before announcing anything or pushing anything to the PTR. Imo, I wouldn't expect 9.2 news before the 12th of November at the earliest.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    Who said this week will be 9.2? Kinda obvious all things I mentioned are spread across next two months.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Unless you're a white guy and looking for a job at Blizzard, or your a current secret sex pest at Blizzard, hard to see how the Kotick thing is meant to be bad or drama-inciting.
    Doesn't matter if it's good or bad message or they meant it or not, this will keep up drama going and they know it. They probably also think it had to be said for whatever reason, so picked relatively quiet week that couldn't potentially undermine some release.

And since people on internet forget stuff pretty quick, it's better to stack this kind of info than spread it.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2021-10-28 at 05:10 PM.

9.2 will probably be unveiled this year, whether or not it's on PTR is another thing entirely.

10.0 announcement could be this year or February considering they didn't say when the planned Blizzconline announcements will be. Depends on whether or not they want to just ignore Jailer patch entirely like how they did with Nzoth (announcing it in small video shortly before Blizzcon announcement).

I'd say its somewhat likely even though the fanbase assrage was worse during BFA. And they are not hiding Zovaal like they did Nzoth.
    Last edited by Nagawithlegs; 2021-10-28 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Felis igneus View Post
    And Griftah! So for inconsequential conveniences, they exist. But for any actual narratives of consequences, their lack of utilization is a gaping plot hole.