Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sialina View Post
    How about blind hiring? Let the best people apply for the job, not the people with the right skin color, sex and other things?
    This is the way. Diversity in orchestras shot up once people were picked on actual talent & ability rather than skin tone & gender.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumy View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    2. We will increase the percentage of women and non-binary people in our workforce by 50% and will invest $250 million to accelerate opportunities for diverse talent
    In short:

SCREW TALENT because we're hiring by gender not by talent. Oh, you're a veteran of the business and have worked in several successful games? Well, fuck you because you got a dick between your legs and identify as a "he". Get out of here! And how about you? You have next to zero experience and the only game you worked on ended up a colossal failure? Well, you're in luck because you're a woman! You're hired!

In other words, it's time for me to start checking out other games because Bobby Kotick just said "fuck sinking slowly! Grab the water buckets, let's throw more water in!"
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2021-10-28 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    This is the way. Diversity in orchestras shot up once people were picked on actual talent & ability rather than skin tone & gender.
    First, let me be clear, I agree with blind hiring; however, what you said isn't true at all. Diversity DID not shoot up, which is why liberal people have wanted to end blind hiring in orchestras because they said it was leading to less diversity.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/16/a...tras-race.html

Quote Originally Posted by unixxx0rn View Post
    well to be fair this isn't 'asians' country. it's white peoples who are being displaced from their own nation and forced out of the work place. genocide.
    Whites stole the country in the first place, so it’s fair game if someone steals the country from them.

Character selection with non-binary option coming soon.

These mentally sick degenerates who took my beloved fantasy girl and stomped it into the ground with diversity hires and women who have no business working for something that's mainly intended for their most hated enemy, straight white men, will never again get a single penny from me. This game is over and done with.

I'm more interested in WoW knowing there is a diverse team of people from various backgrounds working on it. For a game with so many different zones with different themes and cultures, having a real world workforce reflect that in a non-fantastical way sounds great.

On the WoW team, I've already been part of hiring teams which at the end of reviewing 30 applicants and identifying the best 2-3 of said applicants responded with "Man, all we have is f'ing white guys" and "I hate that it's just white guys".

In the same said meeting, I asked why some decently qualified applicants were passed over in the first round of filtering, but someone who had no relevant experience and was missing any demo material - but identified themselves as non-binary in their cover letter - made it to the second filtering round. I was told "we specifically asked for a more diverse pool of candidates this time."

So much for hiring the best nerds for the job. Screw content of character - skin color and what's in your pants now equals "best".

Imagine substituting the word "White" with any other color - it is the *actual* definition of racism.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Literally not what I said at all. I'm not implying anything, I'm very clear in what I said which is what Activision said. Activision said that if there's a man and a woman of roughly equal skill applying for the same position, they'll automatically hire the woman because she's got one organ instead of the other. It's simple.

Also why do you assume my gender, I am indeed a dude but you couldn't have known that, that's very presumptuous of you. Daddy Activision wouldn't approve
    I didnt asume your gender,you basicaly spelled it out with your bigotry,statisticaly its dudes with the non binary hate

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    I didnt asume your gender,you basicaly spelled it out with your bigotry,statisticaly its dudes with the non binary hate
    Oh so only men can be bigots? It's scientifically impossible for me to be a """"bigot"""" and a woman (which I am not but you couldn't have known this)?

You expose yourself as a sexist with each post you make
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2021-10-28 at 02:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    lol... why the fuck would you not have zero tolerance to it from the start?
    depends,in the usa school system for example the no tolerance thing has been a clear failure

holy shit. you will never be a woman. you will always have a 5 o'clock shadow. you do not look like an anime girl.
    If he wants to he can, keep up with technology.

holy shit. you will never be a woman. you will always have a 5 o'clock shadow. you do not look like an anime girl.
    when did i say i was a woman lol

Quote Originally Posted by Tic Tacs View Post
    Character selection with non-binary option coming soon.
    I dont mind playing through bad expansions, patches. I always create my own fun in the game.
    But, if they add their political shit ideologies into the game, I'm out.

Quote Originally Posted by OriginZero View Post
    First, let me be clear, I agree with blind hiring; however, what you said isn't true at all. Diversity DID not shoot up, which is why liberal people have wanted to end blind hiring in orchestras because they said it was leading to less diversity.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/16/a...tras-race.html
    Should be an interesting read, thanks. Maybe I was working on outdated information

i wonder if anyone will abuse the zero-tolerance policy to threaten co-workers?

give me your lunch money or i will tell bobby you touched me!

it's a mentally ill trans, cant you tell from the anime avatar? do not even listen to a word it says. it believes it can magically become a woman by taking pills and chopping off it's weewee lol, it is not sane.
    creating a new account just to be a dick on a videogame forum sounds WAY more indictive of poor mental health and no social support system.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    I dont mind playing through bad expansions, patches. I always create my own fun in the game.
    But, if they add their political shit ideologies into the game, I'm out.
    how is giving someone the option to identify ingame as they do IRL affect YOU?

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    how is giving someone the option to identify ingame as they do IRL affect YOU?
    They want WoW to be -their- fantasy game, that Blizzard caters to -them-

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    creating a new account just to be a dick on a videogame forum sounds WAY more indictive of poor mental health and no social support system.
    And if you’re a white man in america suffering from those factors you may as well kill yourself, because you are given no resources or support.