Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Hehe, I was reading an article about this today, the main focus of the article was the fact that no woman except the dog is part of the team

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    [U]

Yeah, if current employees were primarily guild members in WoW, this is a textbook example of hiring 'bros'. We'll see if it works out. It's a little-bit tone deaf. There was another game studio that opened recently—the name escapes me—and their picture that went along with their 'Hello World' announcement had them all standing on a flight of stairs. All white, all male. I mean if it works for them that's really what matters but it's going to be noticed.
    Notice what? only people like you seem to see problems here, what does the colour or gender of the team matter so much?

Yeah, if current employees were primarily guild members in WoW, this is a textbook example of hiring 'bros'. We'll see if it works out. It's a little-bit tone deaf. There was another game studio that opened recently—the name escapes me—and their picture that went along with their 'Hello World' announcement had them all standing on a flight of stairs. All white, all male. I mean if it works for them that's really what matters but it's going to be noticed.
    Which is the worrying and scary part.
    If it was a big studio with hundreds of members you can probably ask why there aren't any women. A small studio created with people he know? Not so much.

I've worked in a small studio with 3 people I knew. No woman...wonder if that was problematic as well.

In the end as long as people obsess with gender first we will have a society that still have gender issues. All of this is detrimental to equality. It only makes people sick of it when others try to find problems at number one priority instead of maybe thinking that a group of 11 people is probably a group of closer friends or colleagues. And sometimes people just don't know many people of X gender.

Even then, they are searching for more so who's to say they won't hire a woman? This is just an example of creating drama for the sake of it.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2021-10-28 at 11:27 PM.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelix1 View Post
    Hehe, I was reading an article about this today, the main focus of the article was the fact that no woman except the dog is part of the team

- - - Updated - - -

Notice what? only people like you seem to see problems here, what does the colour or gender of the team matter so much?
    What part of if it works for them did you not understand? Nonetheless, it's acknowledged that the white male business in game studios is an industry-wide thing and people are paying attention to that so it's gonna be noticed. That's just a fact.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

What part of if it works for them did you not understand? Nonetheless, it's acknowledged that the white male business in game studios is an industry-wide thing and people are paying attention to that so it's gonna be noticed. That's just a fact.
    Here is the problem, people pay attention to that, that should be something that does not matter