does this look ok, or possibly looking for suggestions

so... I find myself in a need of a new pc, but I also find myself with a relatively limited budget and complete inability to build my own ( no, do not tell me how easy it is, I have enough trouble installing even simplest components like extra hard drive I will NOT be messing with cpu etc installation).

there are couple of caveats that I have.
    1. my monitor is 4k (yes, it was a premature purchase, but I'm stuck with it now. I do like it in general, but any resolution downgrades I make on it, make everything look worse then it does on my SO's smaller, older monitor and it is NOT in my budget to replace it)
    2. it has to be VR ready and be able to stream to my set consistently. I know some of it is contingent on router/connection speed, but those are not the issue with my PC, rather it seems to refuse to stay connected to aforementioned router when I stream to my headset. and its only one of the things wrong with it (honestly buying that PC was a major regret as it started to suck few months into my ownership AFTER it was too late to return and its been going downhill since then. never buying ready ship PC from newegg again because of it, but I digress). I've been having to use MY SO's pc, but that also means I cannot use it, when he's using it and that honestly is not ideal)

I have been looking around on various sites and I'm leaning towards something like this https://www.ibuypower.com/Store/Gaming-RDY-SLHRG207

but... given all the trouble I've had with my current pc, I'm weary of spending that much money on something that to my uneducated mind looks too good to be true. especially since it would be the first AMD system I have considered in forever and my last experience with amd other then my ps4 was ages ago and it was NOT a good experience. but I hear they are actualy good now.

and so... here I am, humbly asking for advice.

is that above pc any good? are there better options for me? anything lower priced than the system above that would work for my needs? thanks in advance.

P.S. other then my last pc from newegg, typically I would just configure a system with cyberpower but the prices being what they are, I'm having difficulty staying within my budget there for the first time in ages (damn you crypto!) :/ above store had more options too.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Go watch GamersNexus for their prebuilt reviews and then do research into boutique builders.

I would never buy an ibuypower unless it cost 20% less than the cost of parts.
    that... is less helpful then you think. I looked at their website, they seem to primarily focus on parts there, I looked at their youtube playlist and their prebuilt reviews seems to be all of the "look at this shitty system" variety and I need specific recommendations of non shitty systems, not the other way around.

from my research into boutique builders so far, both ibuypower and cyberpower came up as recommended on a more affordable side. I also have no bloody clue who to even tell if the price is 20% less then cost of parts. especially since based on my search into video cards so far - manufacturer's suggested price and actual price you might be able to find something for.... are two very different things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, you've done goofed on that 4k monitor, when all you can afford is some mainstream PC to power it.

The system you linked looks balanced - ok entry-mainstream system, no luxury there. I don't know if price is competitive - you have to snoop around with similar offerings for that.

I doubt you gonna enjoy 4k with that for current titles that do not support DLSS, but that one's on you, buddy. I'd try to somehow squeeze 3070Ti instead of 3060Ti there, eat rice for a month or something kekw.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    <snip>
    Is that pc good at what you want? 4k and VR? Yes, it'll do them okay.

Is it worth the price? You might be able to find a similarly specced pc from another vendor that costs less and be a better performance/value. If you definitely need this pc, then i would get it. If you have any doubts, and can wait for a better market, then wait

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    that... is less helpful then you think. I looked at their website, they seem to primarily focus on parts there, I looked at their youtube playlist and their prebuilt reviews seems to be all of the "look at this shitty system" variety and I need specific recommendations of non shitty systems, not the other way around.

from my research into boutique builders so far, both ibuypower and cyberpower came up as recommended on a more affordable side. I also have no bloody clue who to even tell if the price is 20% less then cost of parts. especially since based on my search into video cards so far - manufacturer's suggested price and actual price you might be able to find something for.... are two very different things.
    Those prebuilts are from well known pc manufacturers like HP and Dell. And they are shitty because they are riddled with proprietary parts like power supplies that aren't atx form factor, motherboards that are strange form factors, junk heat sinks, gpu's with bad heat sinks as well, etc.

Besides ibuypower and cyberpower, you have things like newegg's ABS brand, or nzxt BLD. At least with those you know you're getting standard form factor components.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Yeah, you've done goofed on that 4k monitor, when all you can afford is some mainstream PC to power it.

The system you linked looks balanced - ok entry-mainstream system, no luxury there. I don't know if price is competitive - you have to snoop around with similar offerings for that.

I doubt you gonna enjoy 4k with that for current titles that do not support DLSS, but that one's on you, buddy. I'd try to somehow squeeze 3070Ti instead of 3060Ti there, eat rice for a month or something kekw.
    Yeah, if OP has or wants to spend a few hundred more dollars to get to a 3070/ti or 3080, they could get a pc much better at driving 4k.

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    Is that pc good at what you want? 4k and VR? Yes, it'll do them okay.

Is it worth the price? You might be able to find a similarly specced pc from another vendor that costs less and be a better performance/value. If you definitely need this pc, then i would get it. If you have any doubts, and can wait for a better market, then wait

- - - Updated - - -

Those prebuilts are from well known pc manufacturers like HP and Dell. And they are shitty because they are riddled with proprietary parts like power supplies that aren't atx form factor, motherboards that are strange form factors, junk heat sinks, gpu's with bad heat sinks as well, etc.

Besides ibuypower and cyberpower, you have things like newegg's ABS brand, or nzxt BLD. At least with those you know you're getting standard form factor components.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, if OP has or wants to spend a few hundred more dollars to get to a 3070/ti or 3080, they could get a pc much better at driving 4k.
    I bought a HP Omen pre-built earlier this year in order to get a 3080. Every component was standard, and I had no issues buying a new case and CPU cooler and "build" my own. At least for that system, there were no proprietary parts. The case and CPU-cooler were pretty bad though, but would be fine for someone that isn't too snobby about temps (Like I am).

OT: The system you linked is fine, but like others have said, a little lackluster for 4K. It'll work but it won't be great. I'd also refrain from relying too much on Gamers Nexus. They know their shit and as a result they end up being extremely nitpicky. If you just need a system that works and don't plan on building upon it, it doesn't matter if the system has proprietary parts or not.
    Last edited by Acelius; 2021-10-29 at 07:49 AM.

thank you all. yeah, I'm aware now that my monitor purchase was.... not great. I got sucked in by a too good to be true black friday sale few years back, that's my bad. but I'm also that person who doesn't mind 30fps at all, so top of the line is not really my goal. good enough that will not die on me within 2 years is more then fine. which is what my current prebuilt from newegg is doing right now, dying far too quickly and even though it seems like all components are from good brands and stuff, my SO's computer is twice as old as mine and functions without any of the issues I'm having (as I mentioned I've been using it to stream to my oculus set instead of my own pc and its been working fine), so.... I'm not buying prebuilts from newegg again, sorry.

as long as it will work well enough, I'm ok with it - I don't need ultra settings (even with beat saber, i prefer my visuals to be as paired down as possible, TBH, makes it easier for me to slice the cubes). I do not have a few hundred more dollars to upgrade to newer card (no, I'm not going to eat rice for a month, jokes aside - I'm too old to jeopardize my health over slightly better performance, and any extra money leftover from budgeting is going towards mortgage principal, not slightly better looking video games), this is as high as my budget will go (even with discounts, I would rather upgrade few other components TBH). I mostly just wanted to avoid repeat of my current system. the most I would do with my system is replace or add easy components if needed. like maybe add ram, or upgrade power supply, add another harddrive... nothing beyond that.

my pc is not quite dead yet, so I have a few months grace period, just trying to start looking so that I'm not caught with my pants down, metaphorically speaking. I already had to replace power supply on my current pc so it turns on again, but I have a terrible feeling that there is a LOT more wrong with it than that. I thought about taking it to repair shop, but... I have a bad feeling I'm going to end up paying a bunch and it will still perform like shit, its just going to take a bit longer to finish dying.

but anyways, seems like either this system or something similar (I may have actualy found something very similar on cyberpower after all) is ok for my needs, so.. good to know thanks