It is absolutely madness if they make it actionable that you can be punished if you leave a group. Like mentioned above, it must be that you get the 30 minute debuff, I can live with that if the group just isn't going well or doesn't seem like it will.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I agree with the oddness of being reported for leaving a group. I left a group once as a healer because the tank refused to slow down. He kept dying because he didn't have the gear for it and then blamed me for not knowing how to heal (I found out since my husband stayed in the group and told me that he was badmouthing me but was also slowing down for the new healer). If I risk being reported, then I suppose I'm done with the healer job. *shrug*

You guys seem to miss that the TOS literally include "repeatedly". You won't face any consequences for leaving a group that's not going too well. You may force consequences if you're making it a habit, i.e. if someone reports it and a GM deems you're doing it repeatedly / too often.

https://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodes...5a085e167f6f70

And there, clarifications. It is perfectly fine to bail a group regardless of reason. And as several posters said, if you are not an asshole, and you play nicely like normally from now on, you'll stay clear, out of trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostfred View Post
    You guys seem to miss that the TOS literally include "repeatedly". You won't face any consequences for leaving a group that's not going too well. You may force consequences if you're making it a habit, i.e. if someone reports it and a GM deems you're doing it repeatedly / too often.
    Intent cannot, however, be proven.

Someone may leave a group repeatedly within a short period of time because:

- They have children and attending to a crying baby is more important than completing a duty.
    - They have a chronic illness, symptoms come to them suddenly and in a debilitating manner and leaving the group immediately is the correct course of action.
    - They're a volunteer firefighter and get a call to attend to an emergency.
    - A volcano or other natural disaster interferes with their playtime. (I know a player from La Palma!)
    - A pet may repeatedly cause disconnects by hitting the power button on a PC or dislodging wires.

That's just a handful of reasons as to why such a policy is a terrible idea. Intent cannot be proven and the game lacks an efficient appeal system.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Intent cannot, however, be proven.

Someone may leave a group repeatedly within a short period of time because:

- They have children and attending to a crying baby is more important than completing a duty.
    - They have a chronic illness, symptoms come to them suddenly and in a debilitating manner and leaving the group immediately is the correct course of action.
    - They're a volunteer firefighter and get a call to attend to an emergency.
    - A volcano or other natural disaster interferes with their playtime. (I know a player from La Palma!)
    - A pet may repeatedly cause disconnects by hitting the power button on a PC or dislodging wires.

That's just a handful of reasons as to why such a policy is a terrible idea. Intent cannot be proven and the game lacks an efficient appeal system.
    Yeah because surely you'd still be online and in another group doing the same dungeon when a natural disaster occurs right in your yard, am I right?
    ... is being outraged and making up scenarios to justify that outrage a paid job these days?

People will do the same stuff they did before and literally nothing will change unless you actually *want* it to happen and provoke it.

And btw. if someone is such a problem to a group on a daily basis, maybe he deserves to be excluded from group play. Maybe he should find groups that want to play with them instead of random strangers that have to put up with it.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-10-29 at 05:06 AM.

Eh, I actually do have some of those problems. My internet acts up occasionally, I got d/ced twice during Prae last night, fortunately both times were during lengthy cutscenes. I have cats who used to turn the PC off by walking over the tower, I ended up securing a cell phone case over the power button to keep that from happening. :P I also live in Florida, which has hit or miss hurricanes, tornadoes, and thunderstorms that often knock out the electricity. The aforementioned cats also sometimes get themselves in trouble and I need to step away from the PC to make sure they're not hurt.

I don't do group activity that often, only daily leveling roulettes and anything the MSQ requires, but if I spent a large amount of time in instances it might quickly become a problem.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Is there going to be a third trailer extended from the first and second one or not do you guys think? I seemed to think prevous xpacks got 3 but can't remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Isilrien View Post
    Yeah, I agree with the oddness of being reported for leaving a group. I left a group once as a healer because the tank refused to slow down. He kept dying because he didn't have the gear for it and then blamed me for not knowing how to heal (I found out since my husband stayed in the group and told me that he was badmouthing me but was also slowing down for the new healer). If I risk being reported, then I suppose I'm done with the healer job. *shrug*
    If you haven't been penalized before you won't now. That part of the TOS hasn't changed. Hell more likely the tank would be getting talked to if your tale is true.

Now can everyone untwist their panties? None of anything you all have been bitching about has changed on 2+ years. Unless you are physically incapable of not being an asshole don't worry.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Eh, I actually do have some of those problems. My internet acts up occasionally, I got d/ced twice during Prae last night, fortunately both times were during lengthy cutscenes. I have cats who used to turn the PC off by walking over the tower, I ended up securing a cell phone case over the power button to keep that from happening. :P I also live in Florida, which has hit or miss hurricanes, tornadoes, and thunderstorms that often knock out the electricity. The aforementioned cats also sometimes get themselves in trouble and I need to step away from the PC to make sure they're not hurt.

I don't do group activity that often, only daily leveling roulettes and anything the MSQ requires, but if I spent a large amount of time in instances it might quickly become a problem.
    So you'll disconnect and not actually leave the party. I know FFXIV has this weird queue thing, but I usually reconnect before the game realized I'm offline.
    It's not like you actually "left" the group then.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    This is what I'd recommend for levelling up gatherers and crafters. Also level up your gatherers first as it makes levelling up your crafters cheaper.
    Val, ive decided now that im closing in on the actual end of shadowbringers, my endgame is the sheep mount. I fell in love with them the first time i heard their cute meep in the steppes.
    It costs 8400 scrips. Realistically, if i start from zero with absolutely no gatherer or crafter skills, and follow your advice, how long would it take?

Quote Originally Posted by Merie View Post
    Is there going to be a third trailer extended from the first and second one or not do you guys think? I seemed to think prevous xpacks got 3 but can't remember.
    Yeah, it should be out relatively soon

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Merie View Post
    Nope, what we've seen is the full thing. The reason they didn't have 3 this time is because previously, they'd have one at each fanfest, but this time those plans were thrown out the window due to covid, so they just had the one digital fanfest, which is where they just showed everything.

There will be a launch trailer of course, which is a different thing entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by ippollite View Post
    Val, ive decided now that im closing in on the actual end of shadowbringers, my endgame is the sheep mount. I fell in love with them the first time i heard their cute meep in the steppes.
    It costs 8400 scrips. Realistically, if i start from zero with absolutely no gatherer or crafter skills, and follow your advice, how long would it take?
    Not too long. You get skybuilder's scrips when you turn in skybuilder's collectibles, which you will be making a lot of to level up your crafters.

You get most of the mats for skybuilder's collectibles while levelling up your gatherers in Diadem. You can level up your crafters to 80 over the weekend by just running circles around Diadem while watching Bonanza episodes on Youtube or something. By the time you have botanist and miner at 80, you should have quite the stockpile of Diadem mats for your crafting.

The most time consuming part is leveling up your crafters by crafting. You have to look up how many regular, non-Diadem mats you need (you should probably save yourself the time and just buy them, use Universalis to find out which server has them for the cheapest), and then you need do the practice crafting minigame to determine if your gear is high enough to allow you to craft the collectibles at a high enough quality that you can turn them in, and then you actually do the crafting and turn the items in until you advance to the next bracket that you should start working on the next collectible.

If you don't have a lot of money, then crafting gear can be expensive (even for levelling), and you need multiple sets for different level brackets (ie, 40-50, 50-60, 60-70, and then a level 70 set to get you to level cap). Each week, you can do the customs deliveries which are fast, easy, and cheap (takes about 5 minutes to do it) to obtain yellow scrips that you can turn in for crafting gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    The big problem with this game is figuring out what outfit to put on my cat girl…. Just looks too cute in all :/
    The solution is: regularly play kitty dress-up!

Regarding TOS if you have had no problems since 2019 when 90% of the rules went into effect you wont have any issues now. All they are doing is being more specific about issues and the 10% of new rules that were added were for stalking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deus Mortis View Post
    Regarding TOS if you have had no problems since 2019 when 90% of the rules went into effect you wont have any issues now. All they are doing is being more specific about issues and the 10% of new rules that were added were for stalking.
    TLDR: Realize that there is another human being at the other end, so behave in a polite & professional manner and you will never have any problems.
    If the blood starts to boil, it's best to leave the group instead of making a scene trying to convert people. Sound advice right there.

Oh and obviously stay away from RMT nonsense.

15+ Year Old Account
    SE clarified their ToS. There's no huge changes, and people are freaking out over basically nothing.

The biggest changes are the zero tolerance for advertising RMT or boosting in game. Thank god SE is not going to foster a boosting community like WoW does. Carries will still happen, sure. But forcing people to go through back channels to get to it means far less use the service. Another clarification is that if you're streaming FFXIV, anything you say can on stream can be applied to the ToS. So for instance if you say someone is shit, or their DPS is shit, that can be actionable if you're reported. This happened with Xeno and Arthars because they frequently like to talk shit about players, but it was never solidified in the ToS.

TLDR nothing is really changing other than SE probably being a bit stronger on enforcement with all the new players. I'm frankly glad for this. It sucked because as WoW grew, their enforcement of rules and ToS loosened.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Thanks Val. But what are we talking here? Days, weeks, months?

Point 2 on the new TOS: As a healer who has bailed on... three groups? (i think its three), let me explain why its fine.

Group 1: I died, group cleared (it was that super early boss who electrifies the water and we should all stand on the rickety staircase), i waited for a res (i didnt yet realise resses were limited to VERY FEW classes). No one was ressing me. So i tried to release. But i had no idea how to do it. I clicked every button i could. Meanwhile the group were just looking at me like 'how do you not get this'?. And i panicked. Like panic attack, panicked. I couldnt figure it out. Everyone was waiting for me. I was almost crying from the stress. I dont know if i could even leave manually (im pretty sure i tried). I remember begging them to kick me. They must have been so confused. Somehow the torment ended and i left/was kicked from the group.

Dungeon 2: Aurum Vale. Id heard the rumours. Id happily avoided it but i wanted my squadron command. I logged into the duty finder. Tank pulled everything. We got to the entrance. We died. Second pull, we died even sooner. Third pull... we died. That first room, eh! I knew i wasnt ready. So i bailed with all the apologies i could bring. Literally 20 minutes after whining about it on /ffxiv someone pointed out i could perhaps use holy on those trash pulls... Obviously this one's on me. I mean, all three are on me. But this one is really on me.

Dungeon 3: Final boss in Holminster. We were going great. No issues. Id done this in trial already (and you cant mess up in trials, so i knew the mechanics). Anyways, in the line stack (my personal nemesis and cause of all my woes in game), the stacker decided to move at the last moment. I kind of slightly suggested in party chat that they shouldnt do this because they'll wipe us. Next pull i got hit with a completely avoidable AOE. Had i NOT called anyone out, it'd have been fine. But because i put myself as an 'expert' the shame absolutely destroyed me. (Despite the tank trying to reassure me it was fine - which i saw after i left), i couldnt stay. I wanted the ground to swallow me up. I'm so sorry group. Again, this one's on me. I provoked karma. I got what i deserved.

Would i be 'cautioned' for some of this? Perhaps. But honestly I felt i wasnt good enough to carry them through and even if they had a bit of a wait for a new heals, it would have saved them in the long run not having to deal with my drunken idiocy. If i was put in mod jail... i'd have accepted it. But i really dont think i would have been (even though i deserve it) just because... well, because a) i feel like i shouldnt be punished for testing my own comfort parameters; b) im playing a role that has a great deal of responsibility; c) if i screw up, and bail because I SCREWED UP (and not because anyone else screwed up) thats mitigation. and d) summarizing a through c, any player can decide theyve bitten off more than they can chew and shouldnt be (and very likely WONT be) penalized for it. Should this ever change with egregious enforcement, then... why would you even bother running dungeons with other players when the trust system exists? And given that it exists, why would squeex incentivize players like me to completely avoid random dungeon running with other players with in-demand roles by punishing us for succumbing to the pressure of said roles? They WANT us to use the dungeon system. Thats why trusts absolutely SUCK as a healer. Given this, it stands to reason that you can bail... on condition you dont call everyone else out for wasting your time. Given that then, its completely in line with what came before.

Point (random) 3: We release Tiamat right? Im an msq andy. But if i was a raider, id have seen tiamat's release and been super happy right?
    Last edited by ippollite; 2021-10-30 at 12:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ippollite View Post
    Would i be 'cautioned' for some of this? Perhaps.
    No. You'd only be cautioned/warned if you d/c, either or on purpose or by accident, many times in a row.

They even said in the latest report, if you find yourself disagreeing with a group for whatever reason, it's better to disband/leave than to start throwing insults at each other.

Leaving a group is fine. Disconnecting however, is not.