Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by orderchaos View Post
    I play on a german server cause I'm german. I've started playing there from the moment they were launched, I'm not gonna move to english servers now. And english servers aren't much better either. But continue to attack me over every little choice I make.
    Am not attacking you, at all.

You're complaining about low activity, yet you purposely decide to play on a language-restricted realm, where player activity is vastly reduced, compared to the general population of the game.

It's just weird.

Do you refuse to play other games where there aren't german-restricted servers?

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Am not attacking you, at all.

You're complaining about low activity, yet you purposely decide to play on a language-restricted realm, where player activity is vastly reduced, compared to the general population of the game.

It's just weird.

Do you refuse to play other games where there aren't german-restricted servers?
    You're trying to gaslight me this entire thread. That's the only thing that's weird. Your shit doesn't work with me.

I'm a german guy who chose a german realm, when Classic launched. There is nothing weird about that.

Bye.

I know exactly what a season is. I dislike the concept of a season. I don't want to start over. An MMO is about building something up that lasts, that you can come back to at a later time and continue working on. Starting over every year is exactly what I don't want. That's why I would normally never participate in such game modes. That's why I initially didn't have any interest in those season servers.

But normal servers are dead and I would prefer spending my time on those season servers, because I still want to play with other people.

Yes, if I copy over the character to the normal classic servers at the end of the season, I would still end up on those dead servers, but that's at least better than nothing. That's at least better than spending all of my time on dead servers, or having those characters on the season servers deleted once a year.

I am still unlikely to do this more than once, I won't level up my main every year, but I'll at least take a look at it in the first year, see what the community is like, and then know that all of the effort I have put into my characters will at least not be wiped away at the end of the season.

I mean this really isn't hard to understand. My initial feeling was that you guys were trying to mess with me, but maybe MMO-C has a hard time understanding some things.
    You're the one not understanding things. There is only for so long that people can play the same thing over and over and over without at least starting fresh.
    Any WoW expansion that you pick, once it has reached the final patch and people complete it, it will just die off eventually, even without fresh seasons.

Regardless of how much you may want there to be a vanilla server forever healthy populated waiting for you to feel like playing it and continuing a char, it's just not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    You're the one not understanding things. There is only for so long that people can play the same thing over and over and over without at least starting fresh.
    You're still playing the same content, even if you're starting fresh.

You're making it even worse when you're starting a new character, now you have to start over with all of the content you've already played. That's exactly why I don't want to start over all the time. I've done that a couple of times now.

And if you wanna start fresh, go ahead and delete your character and start a new one.
    Last edited by orderchaos; 2021-10-30 at 09:46 PM.

And if you wanna start fresh, go ahead and delete your character and start a new one.
    Starting fresh in an MMO means that the whole server starts fresh at once, not you starting a new account.

With Classic Season of Mastery, best case scenario your toon is saved on another server once they start Season of Mastery 2, and that server will be pretty much dead on arrival. But, you'll at least have a brand new SoM to try with even more little changes.
    Worst case scenario, there's no Season 2, and after a year your character is now on a server as populated as the average Classic server, a.k.a; on a dead server.

There's no other options for where your Season of Mastery toon will be in 14 months. At least it shouldn't be erased by Blizzard since they've never done something of the sort.

Quote Originally Posted by Bramickias View Post
    Starting fresh in an MMO means that the whole server starts fresh at once, not you starting a new account.
    Why do you need a fresh server?

You're making it even worse when you're starting a new character, now you have to start over with all of the content you've already played. That's exactly why I don't want to start over all the time. I've done that a couple of times now.

Except not really. With fresh everyone is on the same level as you are, which means everyone needs to run the same things, A LOT.

Where as if you start on a completed server you will barley find groups to run dungeons (you can forget about leveling dungeons), cause no one needs them anymore (especially true for vanilla), you can skip most of P1 and P2 raids by just doing ZG and AQ20 ... and if you care about PVP, you will just get destroyed by the GM, HWL, T3 geared people with no chance to fight back for quite some time. These are all reasons why people prefer fresh for a new char instead of a finished server.

Sounds like you missed the boats if you didn't manage to get the full out of your char(s).

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know in how many ways I can explain this to you. THERE IS A NON-FRESH SERVER. People just don't want to keep playing there because they already reached their goals.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Except not really. With fresh everyone is on the same level as you are, which means everyone needs to run the same things, A LOT.
    On an active server, you always find people that do the same things you want to do.

Go find other people that want to start over by making a new character. Then you can level together. Start a guild.

If there are so many people interested in a fresh server, then there are just as many people interested in leveling characters from level 1. You should be able to find enough people.

Starting fresh in an MMO means that the whole server starts fresh at once
    Need a fresh server so we can play on a fresh server.
    Without fresh servers it's a bit hard to play on a fresh server.
    If you don't want to play on a fresh server, then don't play on a fresh server.
    It's all about getting fresh servers, so we can have the joy that comes with playing on a fresh server.
    Classic WoW servers aren't fresh anymore, which makes it kinda hard to experiment the joys that comes with playing on a fresh server.
    Need a fresh server so we can play on a fresh server, and with some #change, they are even fresher.

Need a fresh server so we can play on a fresh server.
    Without fresh servers it's a bit hard to play on a fresh server.
    If you don't want to play on a fresh server, then don't play on a fresh server.
    It's all about getting fresh servers, so we can have the joy that comes with playing on a fresh server.
    Classic WoW servers aren't fresh anymore, which makes it kinda hard to experiment the joys that comes with playing on a fresh server.
    Need a fresh server so we can play on a fresh server, and with some #change, they are even fresher.
    But how long does it take for a fresh server to not be fresh anymore?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand what OP wants tbh.

Look at it like D3, we gonna have seasons that reset, and then you can save your characters to non-season. However non-season will be dead. You want people to actively play on non season? Sorry to say, that will never happen. There is nothing Blizzard can do here, if people have no interest in it, it will never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    I don't understand what OP wants tbh.

Look at it like D3, we gonna have seasons that reset, and then you can save your characters to non-season. However non-season will be dead. You want people to actively play on non season? Sorry to say, that will never happen. There is nothing Blizzard can do here, if people have no interest in it, it will never happen.
    People have already shown interest and Blizzard has acknowledged it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Theoretical ends of Season of Mastery:

1) SoM servers go down, all characters are transferred to Classic Era Servers OR TBC:Classic servers (Player's Choice).
    2) SoM servers remain up and we have another client to juggle and take up Hard Drive space when the next "Season" Comes out
    3) Everything goes Bakoom and we start a new "Season"
    4) Blizzard shuts down within a year.

- - - Updated - - -

But how long does it take for a fresh server to not be fresh anymore?
    once all the content has been cleared.

Phases will be dead once the available raid content is cleared out. It'll uptick when the next phase comes out but quickly die after its cleared out

- - - Updated - - -

People have already shown interest and Blizzard has acknowledged it.
    The last I looked, Classic Era was dead.

There's a reason why they connected all the realms when TBC:C came out
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    once all the content has been cleared.

Phases will be dead once the available raid content is cleared out. It'll uptick when the next phase comes out but quickly die after its cleared out
    ok so someone else clears the content and even though I haven't, the server just isn't fresh anymore? I would say the server stops being fresh immediately after it launches, you wanna play on a fresh server? too late, it's already not fresh anymore, try again next time

The last I looked, Classic Era was dead.

There's a reason why they connected all the realms when TBC:C came out
    That wasn't the thing that was being discussed.

It was about people wanting to keep their characters in some way after the season ends. People do and Blizzard has acknowledged it.

Looking Forward

Even though we’ve just gotten started with the Beta, many players want to know what might happen after the 12-month schedule is completed. While we don’t have specifics to share now, we’re currently exploring all of our options, especially when it comes to allowing characters to persist in some way when the Season ends. We’ll let you know!
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/content...ns-and-Details
    Last edited by sunhawk spy; 2021-11-01 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sunhawk spy View Post
    ok so someone else clears the content and even though I haven't, the server just isn't fresh anymore? I would say the server stops being fresh immediately after it launches, you wanna play on a fresh server? too late, it's already not fresh anymore, try again next time
    You are taking things too far.. The content isn't fresh anymore when the majority of people have already completed it and moved on.

WoW: Classic had six phases:

Phase 1 - Onyxia and Molten Core
    Phase 2 - Honour System and World Bosses
    Phase 3 - Blackwing Lair
    Phase 4 - Zul'Gurub and Arathi Basin
    Phase 5 - Ahn'Qiraj
    Phase 6 - Naxxramas

Not all phases progress the game into a new tier. Going from phase 1 into phase 2 doesn't really change the end-game all that much other than providing a more meaningful and rewarding PvP system and additional bosses via world bosses for additional loot. Onyxia's Lair and Molten Core is still the current tier.

With phase 3 the tier is bumped up a level. Onyxia's Lair, Molten Core and the World Bosses becomes less relevant as Blackwing Lair is providing a higher tier of gear and loot. The majority of players will still being doing Molten Core because of slower progression and needing to gear up additional players in order to be capable of handling Blackwing Lair. But the dynamic of the game is changing and if you are someone who wasn't able to play until this point you will have a much harder time finding regular raid groups for Onyxia's Lair and Molten Core.

Then we have another "filler" phase introducing Zul'Gurub providing "catch-up" gear and loot. Then the game progresses into it's next tier with Ahn'Qiraj. At this point the majority of players doing end-game will be done with Onyxia's Lair and Molten Core and Zul'Gurub and Ruin's of Ahn'Qiraj will be the main way for providing catch-up gear for players while still running Blackwing Lair for gear and loot while progression through Temple of Ahn'Qiraj.

Then the final phase comes by and provide the last and final tier within Vanilla. At this point Onyxia's Lair, Molten Core, World Bosses, Blackwing Lair and Zul'Gurub is hardly relevant anymore. If you haven't been playing until this point you will have a hard time finding regular groups for content from the older phases. And once phase 6 has been out for a few months the game becomes like current WoW: Classic Era servers. Mostly abandoned as the majority of players have already consumed the content all the six phases had to offer so it's hard to really organise anything within the game due to the dwindling player base.

This is what people are referring to when they are referring to "fresh". By having a fresh server you know that every single person starting on that server will have the same path to walk. They will all start on their journey getting from level 1-60 and they will have to tackle each and every content phase one at the time according to their release schedule.

You won't achieve any of this by gathering a group of friends and guildies all deciding on starting on a fresh player all at once on a current WoW: Classis Era server. The entire server and the community around wont and this will obviously affect your experience and enjoyment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dude above me gets it.

Sure you'll have pugs for MC while BWL is current content, sometimes you'll find a guild that runs a GDKP for MC to make gold, but at that point MC is, on that server, no longer relevant content. Sure the final weeks of Classic had a lot of people doing all the raids but that was to gear up Paladins and Shaman.

#TeamFuckEverything

Dude above me gets it.

Sure you'll have pugs for MC while BWL is current content, sometimes you'll find a guild that runs a GDKP for MC to make gold, but at that point MC is, on that server, no longer relevant content. Sure the final weeks of Classic had a lot of people doing all the raids but that was to gear up Paladins and Shaman.
    Why is that a problem?

It's possible the characters from seasons get dumped onto some holding realm. But it will be dead as dead can be as most everyone that does this sort of thing will probably cycle to the fresh season. But at the end of the day we don't know.

but at that point MC is, on that server, no longer relevant content.
    That's just horseshit.

You were still running MC because you want to deck out Warriors with Thunderfury, Onslaught Belt, Casters still wanted Mana Igniting Cord, Ring of Spellpower, Choker of the Firelord, Talisman of Emphereal Power, etc..
    Most guilds started to phase out MC after AQ came out, simply because clearing AQ, BWL and MC in one day became rather difficult and people didn't want to have an extra raid night just for MC, but those that still needed some items quite often switched to pugs.

Classic isn't Retail where one raid completely replaces the previous one in terms of itemization.
    Sure the final weeks of Classic had a lot of people doing all the raids but that was to gear up Paladins and Shaman.
    I don't know what server you played on, any server i looked, MC pugs existed throughout the enterity of Classic.

It was actually pretty fascinating to see that even during Phase 6 (and no, i'm not just talking about the pre patch) you could find pugs for literally any raid, be it, ZG, AQ20, MC, Ony, BWL, AQ40 or obviously Naxx.

Frankly, it became much harder to find groups for regular 5man dungeons than any raids.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-11-05 at 10:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP we finally have an answer:

the servers are going to be locked, but you'll have the option to transfer to a CLASSIC ERA server before the lock.

#TeamFuckEverything