Thread: Genshin Impact

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    I wonder if Xinyan is going to be the most skipped 4* free character reward in the history of gacha gaming
    IDK why anyone would skip her, you can get all rewards + Xinyan.
    If yours is already C6, it's 160 primos' worth of starglitter; if not, you're 1 constellation closer to having her at C6 and "unlocking" the starglitter reward for future copies of her.
    It's free either way, you don't lose anything.

Quote Originally Posted by bajcli View Post
    IDK why anyone would skip her, you can get all rewards + Xinyan.
    If yours is already C6, it's 160 primos' worth of starglitter; if not, you're 1 constellation closer to having her at C6 and "unlocking" the starglitter reward for future copies of her.
    It's free either way, you don't lose anything.
    because it requires to get all the rewards and re-running that shit is not worth a Xinyan if you haven't gotten max on a stage.

10+ Year Old Account
    because it requires to get all the rewards and re-running that shit is not worth a Xinyan if you haven't gotten max on a stage.
    There is no need to rerun anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacques View Post
    I'd rather have the other stuff in the shop, so for me, I'd have to rerun something where I didn't get max rewards on.

I'd rather have the other stuff in the shop, so for me, I'd have to rerun something where I didn't get max rewards on.
    Doesn't selecting the Dire challenge each time in a given level give you the max amount of event currency? Hell, I decided to just pick the Serious challenge on level four, because I couldn't be arsed at that point, and I still was only 60 away from maxing out that level's currency. I think the only level I ever had to rerun, even with selecting the Dire challenge each time, was the first level, since it has far fewer challenges in general.

Obviously, you're free to spend your time as you please, I guess I just figured you had picked the Dire challenge each time and easily maxed out the currency for each level. And if it's just the first level, like with me, it's super quick to just zoom through and get the last handful of event currency you may have missed.
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

I think you have to do a certain amount of challenges to get max rewards.
    So if you go towards the end all the time, you don't get nearly enough.

And I really couldn't be arsed with this event. The story bits were *horrible* and waaaay to long.
    Doesn't help that Xinyan is a pretty boring character, even if she looks cool.

I think you have to do a certain amount of challenges to get max rewards.
    So if you go towards the end all the time, you don't get nearly enough.

And I really couldn't be arsed with this event. The story bits were *horrible* and waaaay to long.
    Doesn't help that Xinyan is a pretty boring character, even if she looks cool.
    Even if you end up having to rerun a wing (which you don't, if you plan beforehand), people put up with way more tedious shit for fewer (40-60) primogems, so I find it pretty weird.
    But hey, you do you; if you wanna skip her, skip her.

10+ Year Old Account
    So this game is using WSAD:

I guess its not gona be mobile only.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jacques View Post
    You may miss a few of the currency on each run, I know it happened to me so I speedran it to get the ones missing.

Quote Originally Posted by RadasNoir View Post
    Doesn't selecting the Dire challenge each time in a given level give you the max amount of event currency? Hell, I decided to just pick the Serious challenge on level four, because I couldn't be arsed at that point, and I still was only 60 away from maxing out that level's currency. I think the only level I ever had to rerun, even with selecting the Dire challenge each time, was the first level, since it has far fewer challenges in general.

Obviously, you're free to spend your time as you please, I guess I just figured you had picked the Dire challenge each time and easily maxed out the currency for each level. And if it's just the first level, like with me, it's super quick to just zoom through and get the last handful of event currency you may have missed.
    If you pick Dire everytime, you're going to miss the "picking serious" challenge. It sounds stupid but it works that way, if you pick the highest difficulty it doesn't give you the rewards of the lowest one.

Actually managed to complete Level 2 of the fifth part of the event domain. Beidou put in some serious work as my pocket dps, the couple times that Eula died on me. The Pyro Hypostasis was, ironically enough, the easiest part of the final level, thanks to Mona nuking down its shield. The first "boss" part, with the fucking Samachurls everywhere, was way harder; that was one of the times I lost Eula, when she got gang-banged by those goddamn thorny vines just as Diona's shield went down.

Definitely would have been impossible if any of the challenges had been timed. The health bars for the big Lawachurls and Geovishaps in particular barely moved whenever I was whacking at them, especially on those occasions where all I had was Beidou.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Granted, it's not that long of a process generally, but it just makes it feel like a chore you're doing rather than something enjoyable. Which is a "me" thing, sure, but knowing that doesn't make it any less annoying!
    I totally get it. You want to rush to get the event done because it's time-limited, but then it tells you to do the story first. So, you feel the need to rush through the story instead which, regardless of whether or not you enjoy Genshin's story, is not a fun experience.
    Last edited by RadasNoir; 2021-10-31 at 04:25 PM.

Didn't 9* abyss 11, damn hypostases take too much time to die

Team1: Hu Tao - Noelle - Xing - Yanfei
    Team2: Ayaka - Zhongli - Mona - Diona

Probably i should swap Xing with Raiden as there are almost only hydro mobs in there
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Actually managed to complete Level 2 of the fifth part of the event domain. Beidou put in some serious work as my pocket dps, the couple times that Eula died on me. The Pyro Hypostasis was, ironically enough, the easiest part of the final level, thanks to Mona nuking down its shield. The first "boss" part, with the fucking Samachurls everywhere, was way harder; that was one of the times I lost Eula, when she got gang-banged by those goddamn thorny vines just as Diona's shield went down.

Definitely would have been impossible if any of the challenges had been timed. The health bars for the big Lawachurls and Geovishaps in particular barely moved whenever I was whacking at them, especially on those occasions where all I had was Beidou.

I totally get it. You want to rush to get the event done because it's time-limited, but then it tells you to do the story first. So, you feel the need to rush through the story instead which, regardless of whether or not you enjoy Genshin's story, is not a fun experience.
    Did I miss something, or was that 5th part just "for fun"?
    Didn't see any rewards associated with it, not even a namecard or anything, felt kinda weird.

Quote Originally Posted by bajcli View Post
    Did I miss something, or was that 5th part just "for fun"?
    Didn't see any rewards associated with it, not even a namecard or anything, felt kinda weird.
    Yeah, it was just for "fun" or the "challenge".

Normally I'm not a "do it for the challenge" kinda person, but since it was more of an endurance run rather than a strict dps check (like the Abyss) I figured I might actually manage it.

I wonder if Xinyan is going to be the most skipped 4* free character reward in the history of gacha gaming
    Why would they skip it? There's enough tokens to get everything...unless you mean people just don't do the event (which I'm not sure can be said is directly related to xinyan).

Nvm, just saw the discussion regarding this. Idk, I never needed to re-run anything..got all my max rewards.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Its a bug if you havent figured it out:

You can see on image that one of mob bubles proced when i used E, while other one is still up. I havent done anything else than press E.
    I see...if it's a bug I wouldn't be surprised cuz this game has a million of those and I'm too lazy to try to test this myself. Having said that though, Hu Tao E doesn't do anything as far as applying pyro or doing damage. It's not like Childe's E.
    Last edited by blackpink; 2021-10-31 at 05:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Didn't 9* abyss 11, damn hypostases take too much time to die

Team1: Hu Tao - Noelle - Xing - Yanfei
    Team2: Ayaka - Zhongli - Mona - Diona

Probably i should swap Xing with Raiden as there are almost only hydro mobs in there
    Try swaping Diona with Xinqgiu, Diona is really good for breaking the hydro shields when the cube is regenerating, and, as far as my experience goes, Xingqiu E with sac swords destroys the pyro cube when vulnerable. Add that to weaving Mona attacks and you should be fine. If you managed to 3* the other chambers, you should play around the disorder to cheese the shit out of that, don't try too much to build meta comps.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpink View Post
    Why would they skip it? There's enough tokens to get everything...unless you mean people just don't do the event (which I'm not sure can be said is directly related to xinyan).

Nvm, just saw the discussion regarding this. Idk, I never needed to re-run anything..got all my max rewards.

- - - Updated - - -

I see...if it's a bug I wouldn't be surprised cuz this game has a million of those and I'm too lazy to try to test this myself. Having said that though, Hu Tao E doesn't do anything as far as applying pyro or doing damage. It's not like Childe's E.
    I think it has to do with the little knockback the skill does when activated, even if it doesn't do damage itself.

5+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't selecting the Dire challenge each time in a given level give you the max amount of event currency? Hell, I decided to just pick the Serious challenge on level four, because I couldn't be arsed at that point, and I still was only 60 away from maxing out that level's currency.
    Picked "Dire" on anything at IV stage, still the same no max points (60 points away from max reward).... so i just given up on that last 60 coins cost red jade stone. And got like +10k basic bonus points left-over from I stage where was trying to see buffs and rooms.

Edit:

Still waiting for random post-hotfix, that would say about Itto geo construct are not able to work and interact with Albedo and Zhongly since its not made out of rock, but instead bull is alive or made of sand.

To mirror Raiden/Baidou stupid description problem.

If only Xinyan was geo element user, then her free copy would be more useful....and these random ROCK-theme-music-jumpscare would made a SANSE.
    Last edited by cocomen2; 2021-11-01 at 12:32 AM.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

The true landmine team would have to be with Klee...but i dont have her (T_T) so this will have to do
    Sharknado Landmine Team

Last edited by Chadow; 2021-11-01 at 05:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadow View Post
    The true landmine team would have to be with Klee...but i dont have her (T_T) so this will have to do
    Sharknado Landmine Team
    I just use Klee, Mona, Sucrose (she sucks the mines) or Jean (she can trow with her E) + Diona in this type of teams.

Anyway here is my Joke Sayu build with 4pc gladiator (since i didnt farm up artifacts for her yet due to c0):
    17787 hp
    1677 Atk
    1004 def
    259 elemental mastery
    49% crit rate / 68.7% crit damage
    195% energy rechange

R5 Katseguri Nagnasomething
    4pc gladiator -- hp/atk/atk%/anemo/crit rate
    3x lvl 8 talents and C0:

Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Kinda hate how if you come back to the game after a break, you're locked out of new events until you finish the main quest line. (Or at least get to a certain point? Dunno.)

Granted, it's not that long of a process generally, but it just makes it feel like a chore you're doing rather than something enjoyable. Which is a "me" thing, sure, but knowing that doesn't make it any less annoying!
    Im the same way. During the Archon quest, had to do 2 other quests because the characters were busy elsewhere. It gets annoying after awhile. I just wish, at least for events, that couldn't happen and you can just do them.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    So this game is using WSAD:
    [video=youtube;EA8O0qZZzpc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EA8O0qZZzpc[video]

I guess its not gona be mobile only.
    Mihoyo seems to have a problem with making cutscenes with audio that is half music, half grunting from all parties involved.