Page 1 of 17
... LastLast

Ion hazzikostas leaving in 10.0 (leak)

So I was watching the shill show on you tube by Accolonn. He was saying there is a leak that Ion hazzikostas is leaving with 10.0 and moving up to a new position with Activation Blizzard. Now this is a "leak and could be total BS. but what impact do you think this would have on everything if true?

I hope it's not total BS. Would be the best leak ever.

Quote Originally Posted by datguy81 View Post
    So I was watching the shill show on you tube by Accolonn. He was saying there is a leak that Ion hazzikostas is leaving with 10.0 and moving up to a new position with Activation Blizzard. Now this is a "leak and could be total BS. but what impact do you think this would have on everything if true?
    What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by exsanguinate View Post
    I hope it's not total BS. Would be the best leak ever.
    Well he said it was dmed to him and was on 4 chan. So Until it comes from Blizzard could be BS

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    What do you think?
    Eh I am up in the air tbh think its gonna be more of the same old same old

Maybe they will promote him to the developer of boosting relations. He gets with all the top boosting guilds and groups and determines how Blizzard can make the game best for them, and possibly embed gold coin ads and even rebaits for long term costumer's of certain people that are proven to be reliable boosties.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds to hold more speculation/wishes than a factual idea of it.

If he was getting promoted, that would mean he wouldn't be on the World of Warcraft team, as there is no higher position for him there at the current, unless he steps down or changes department.

Ion has been confirmed to be one of the issues within this drama, not of doing it himself, but not taking action as a leader when he should. If he climbs the ladder, either up or down, enjoy the adventure and hope to reach a better goal. Ion is not without skills, we know it, no matter how people whine about him having been a lawyer, etc.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

15+ Year Old Account
    At this point I would be a little worried about who would replace him. I'm not saying there are no competent developers for a promotion within Blizzard or that he is perfect but he is at least a stable influence. And radical changes, even if needed, could be even worse. I don't even think Shadowlands is that bad of an expansion. It just suffered from delays in content.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Obviously that would have a rather big impact on the game. Many hate Ion and are glad if he's gone, but no one knows who would follow and if it was better. Perhaps we get some great innovative active player, or perhaps we get some Activision suit that just cares about revenue.

So apart from the leak being utterly speculative (and that's already nicely said) we also wouldn't know where this would lead us, so pretty pointless to discuss anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Sounds to hold more speculation/wishes than a factual idea of it.

If he was getting promoted, that would mean he wouldn't be on the World of Warcraft team, as there is no higher position for him there at the current, unless he steps down or changes department.

Ion has been confirmed to be one of the issues within this drama, not of doing it himself, but not taking action as a leader when he should. If he climbs the ladder, either up or down, enjoy the adventure and hope to reach a better goal. Ion is not without skills, we know it, no matter how people whine about him having been a lawyer, etc.

Yes thats what Accolonn said Ion was moving up to be a part of Activation Blizzard as a higher position than he has now and not part of wow

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes thats what Accolonn said Ion was moving up to be a part of Activation Blizzard as a higher position than he has now and not part of wow
    Well, if he were to move up, there would be no worry, for he would not take part in anything at Blizzard then, nor anything at development or production.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

the guy should be fired. the guy has overseen THE WORST overall design in wows history and while he may not have actively been a creep, he did nothing to stop it. as the guy in charge for the main issue of the state lawsuit, he needs to be accountable.

3+ Year Old Account
    Calling it now: It would basically turn into a Ghostcrawler incident, where people would be happy about it in the short term, but whoever his replacement is would end up making him look better in hindsight.

Ion is the Face you can direct your Rage to. He is not alone responsible for this Shit. As he likes to say "The Team" should be fired and not him alone

The leak itself is most likely bullshit, but it's not a farfetched notion, considering all that's been going on at the studio.

That said, if it was to happen, i'd be upset, since i think he was great for the game, i've been playing since early betas and besides vanilla\tbc, i've had the most enjoyment in this modern iterations (Legion-BFA-SL) of WoW.

Would wish him all the best, and thank him for his contributions, whilst hoping (yet not expecting) the game doesn't go in a worst direction for my liking.

Pretty sure people will just direct their frustration and anger towards the 'new face', whilst eventually acknowledging that Hazzikostas actually did a good job, or actually missing him.
    Last edited by hulkgor; 2021-10-31 at 05:44 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    the only guy i hope it leaves or get fired is Danuser

That's not a leak, that's projection.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    At this point I would be a little worried about who would replace him
    Danuser moving up to Game Director

I mean, it's one of those leaks that can be fake (as in someone made it up) but i don't think anyone would be surprised if it actually came to pass.
    Quote Originally Posted by jkq View Post
    Ion is the Face you can direct your Rage to. He is not alone responsible for this Shit. As he likes to say "The Team" should be fired and not him alone
    To be fair, as the Game Director he is certainly not just some Messenger like a CM, the guy certainly has a sizeable influence over the direction of the game and any of the teams failings fall into his lap as he's basically the 2nd highest guy in the WoW team, with only John Hight above him.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-10-31 at 05:48 PM.

I have said many times that Ion leaving would destroy the raiding scene and kill the game. But even this leak doesn't make it sound like he is truly leaving.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    the only guy i hope it leaves or get fired is Danuser
    How that guy is employed in the first place is well beyond my understanding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.