Poll: Do you support Blizzard removing the emotes, jokes, flirts, names, images and more?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    Yep exactly. I for one am thrilled Blizzard and WoW are failing now. They brought it on themselves. I’ve never played FF but I have more faith in eastern companies to focus on what’s important than I do western ones. D2R was the final blizzard game I’ll buy and I got it refunded due to the constant downtime every single day. Ill never buy another WoW expac unless I hear the old guard is back and running things. If someone says hey Rob Pardo, Ghostcrawler, Kalgan, and Metzen are all back then I’ll give it one more chance. But the new employees are fucking awful. It’s like once WoD launched they began losing the original workers nonstop. Now what’s left are people like Celestalon and the woman who needed time off cause someone called her a troll. So yeah I’ll enjoy this ship sinking as they have only themselves to blame.
    I mean I will not disagree with you that the woman is a cancer. However praising FF company is just horrible stupid. Considering the president has on video told his staff to kill themselves and their are reports of suicide attempts at the offices.

7+ Year Old Account
    ah ok thanks yall :3

It's an adjective not a noun. In principle, it just means high-pitched and harsh to the ears. Its actual usage is a bit more complicated though. It's a very gendered term (it only really gets used to describe women, not men) and while not a particularly offensive term, it does have a sort of baked in sense of dismissal because of that gendered nature. Something along the lines of "whatever is being complained about doesn't really matter because your voice is high pitched/female" or "it's just typical female whining".

It's a lot like "hysterical", which is similarly gender-specific and has the connotation of "whatever thing (I don't like) that this woman is doing, it's because women are naturally crazy and unstable."

Not the worst thing in the world to be called, but it's a bit of a shitty thing to say about a coworker. If it helps, you can could think of it like a much, much older, reverse "mansplaining", basically a way to dismiss whatever someone is saying by claiming whatever argument is being made doesn't matter because of your sex.
    this answer

vs

this answer

Can be used to indicate someone talks in a high pitched (piercing) voice or wears especially bright colours. Has connotations of annoying and or attentionwhoring depending on the context, generally unpleasant.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Actually believeable when you got people in Blizz that take days off because they were called trolls in chat.

How is one supposed to be a stunning and brave Warrior Princess/Kween/Witch that fiercely dismantles the Patriarchy when being called a "troll" has them so aggrieved?
    Last edited by PickleballAce; 2021-10-30 at 12:45 AM.

I mean sure it's easy and fun to laugh at someone having to take a day off from being called a troll but then again the reactions I've seen on this site are not dissimilar. same amount of ass blasted energy.

7+ Year Old Account
    is it right that male pandaren have no more flirts now ?
    and what about the female ones ?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    Wow how did I miss this thread? This is a total gem. Taking time off work because you were called a troll. These people are lucky that they’re the majority in this industry now because otherwise I don’t think they would have a job. It just blows my mind to read this. Luckily judging by recent trends I suspect big business is going to reconsider their hiring standards very soon. Maybe then we can get good Blizzard games again.
    ???
    A coworker calls you a name infront of literally everyone else in the company
    so you decide to take a sickday to get away from the drama
    in what world do you get to decide what people get to spend their sickdays on?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    It's an adjective not a noun. In principle, it just means high-pitched and harsh to the ears. Its actual usage is a bit more complicated though. It's a very gendered term (it only really gets used to describe women, not men) and while not a particularly offensive term, it does have a sort of baked in sense of dismissal because of that gendered nature. Something along the lines of "whatever is being complained about doesn't really matter because your voice is high pitched/female" or "it's just typical female whining".

It's a lot like "hysterical", which is similarly gender-specific and has the connotation of "whatever thing (I don't like) that this woman is doing, it's because women are naturally crazy and unstable."

Not the worst thing in the world to be called, but it's a bit of a shitty thing to say about a coworker. If it helps, you can could think of it like a much, much older, reverse "mansplaining", basically a way to dismiss whatever someone is saying by claiming whatever argument is being made doesn't matter because of your sex.
    Also want to point out, its not just that "she got called shrill" she got called shrill by the coworker.
    in the companies public chat. (cant remember the program name)

but it would be like going into your companies discord chat, and going
    "@hitei is a bitch" infront of EVERYONE in the company.
    No matter how little that is, its still pretty fucking bad, that you seem to think everyone in the company needs to know you think X about Y
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    ???
    in what world do you get to decide what people get to spend their sickdays on?
    It's their choice, but you appear to most people as thinskinned.

I'd report it to HR and move on with my life.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    It's their choice, but you appear to most people as thinskinned.

I'd report it to HR and move on with my life.
    lol she didnt even need to report it to HR, he literally called her shrill infront of the entire company, they contacted him right away and gave him a warning with "Don't talk to her", and he continued to shit talk her so he got fired.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2021-10-31 at 02:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Look at those Twitter pictures of being posted here, I can't help but thinking how tough everybody tries to sound in their tweets... and then buckle in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Actually believeable when you got people in Blizz that take days off because they were called trolls in chat.

Names herself 'Meme Queen' and Activist.
    'My opinions are my own and do not reflect my employer'.
    ... and the she feels offended by random guy calling her 'shrill' (until today i've never heard this word before but it hink it means troll?), LOL.

Blizzard is on hands of woke snowflakes it seems, but well thank god i stopped contriibuting to their salaries at time.

Sad how this beatufiul game got ruined by stupid entitled ppl.

Man. And people call the politics section a circle jerk..

lol she didnt even need to report it to HR, he literally called her shrill infront of the entire company, they contacted him right away and gave him a warning with "Don't talk to her", and he continued to shit talk her so he got fired.
    ...Okay?
    Where's the problem, then?

I could understand the whole "i took a day off" situation if this was another instance of HR not giving a shit and the person just wanting to stick to the company, but if someone calling you a "Shrill" is seemingly such a traumatic experience that you can't work, i think you're just thinskinned.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Names herself 'Meme Queen' and Activist.
    'My opinions are my own and do not reflect my employer'.
    ... and the she feels offended by random guy calling her 'shrill' (until today i've never heard this word before but it hink it means troll?), LOL.
    … use a dictionary.

Something “shrill” is loud and high pitched. And generally if you tell a PERSON that they’re shrill, you’re saying they’re annoying.

In other words, that guy was being an asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    … use a dictionary.

Something “shrill” is loud and high pitched. And generally if you tell a PERSON that they’re shrill, you’re saying they’re annoying.

'Oh no... random guy said i am annoying. I really have to take day off now.'
    Do you think it is mature behavior?
    Especially as 'Meme Queen' she should not be that serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    … use a dictionary.

Try to pull that shit at your workplace, my man. Video it for all of us here to have a laugh.

Where are you getting that info from?

It sounded to me from her tweets that she was called a troll in chat took a day off for it and then a guy called her shrill for taking the day off for being called a troll.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Where are you getting that info from?

It sounded to me from her tweets that she was called a troll in chat took a day off for it and then a guy called her shrill for taking the day off for being called a troll.
    There are more tweets around the event that aren’t included in that screen shot that give some more detail like how the guy was told to lay off by hr but refuses to do so.

The tweets are likely still up for any one who wants to dig for them.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Today is the last day to use /spit @tar and use /moan /fart @tar and other emotes as well as many quests and /silly being removed.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."