Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I wonder if there is a way that Blizz can build (or continue to build on) WoW so that it appeals to an even larger percentage of the population. That might be cool.

As the saying goes in my country:

"Locked up for having a dog and locked up for not having one either"

Now to my opinion:
    Every situation is situational (duh)
    If there was discrimination at blizzard...the only way to attone is to do the opposite.

Doing the opposite in this scenario can be perceived as "woman and or minorities need a little bump because they are not as smart"

I mean...can you ever win?

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    its rly funny how people think its sexist and people get hired for their gender if its women,but when a company hires 99% men its perfectly fine

they arent getting hired because they are women,they are just stoping the male favortism

were they hired just because they are male? or because of other qualities?

Do you even realize what bothers people here?

Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    I honestly wish they could make the hiring process for programming jobs just completely blind tbh. Fake name, no picture and straight text interview / online skill testing questions. Not really feasible I guess, but it'd be nice to see people hired just on straight talent without gender or race or religion coming into it. It'd hopefully lead to a more diverse workplace
    This^ More and more people of color, people considered ugly by humanities standards and people with deformities considered ugly or terrifying would be hired. People with missing limbs, people in wheelchairs, etc. There are people in this category who could never fathom gathering the strength to show up for an interview because they suspect they'll either be turned down for their looks or even end up in a situation where they feel embarrassed to even ashamed or unwanted. Heck some might even find themselves feeling afraid.

These people have so many coping problems already. So many depression issues already. They can't fathom the thought of having to add more mental grief to their already fragile souls.

Also, jobs don't hire men for men, they hire men because less woman apply. They hire men because fewer woman have the skills. In fact woman wouldn't even apply for a portion of the world's jobs, not because they can't but because they simply won't. There's probably around 15 to 20% of the world's jobs that woman would never consider doing or even attempting to learn how to do. At the same time men are hired in place of a woman who did apply for a job because of skill. Unfortunately many woman have very little experience if any at all. While the majority of men spend years if not decades going from job to job gathering experience, often times woman go straight for the prize with no experience at all. Fortunately for them people do hire based on looks so some woman do get into industries without equal skill to a male counterpart or experience. But most don't and then you have people saying that this is happening because of male favoritism. How is it favoritism if they hired the male because he's been doing the job they need for 6 years and even has experience in multiple other aspects of the workforce, while his female counterpart either never held a job before, or has had a job or two for a short times, in completely different industries...

The fact that sexism is okay against men and not against woman is a pretty messed up situation for men to have to find ways to traverse this aspect of life without gaining a great deal of mental health issues from it along the way. The fact that woman and even other men, will cancel and kick and scream about men who body shame and at the same time woman will make fun of birdie sizes and men's height and even go after their weight too. The fact that it's sexist to hire men because they're men while they have the necessary experience and skill required for the job, but at the same time it's not sexist if you a hire woman because she's a woman, who often times has little to no experience and even little to no skill. How are those situations equal? Where is the equality in that? They're simply not it's biased and unfair if not downright debilitating for a man to have to experience something like this in life. Him putting forth his skill and experience for years or decades to better himself to better a specific business one day only for a woman who's 24 who held 2 no es making coffee and checking emails for 10 months each to come and be his new co-worker, making the same salary as him, while he has to teach her and help her with everything while he's on the job. Meaning if he didn't exist, she's be incapable of performing many of her duties. St the same time you have a HUGE percentage of woman who simply never would work. They expect to be male prizes or even house wives. They're outlook on life is that men should support woman and that they shouldn't have to work.

So think about this for a second...
    While you have a portion of woman who can't do the job due to lack of experience or skill, let's be generous and say 20% of woman.

Then you have woman who won't ever work and expect to be wifed up and support by males, let's say 15%.

Then you have females who work in social media who post sexually provocative pictures. Between Facebook, Instagram, twitch, Only·Fans, Twitter, pron streaming services and other live streaming services where they can do solo gigs and even partner up much like on a twitch platform and perform for a live audience and even do private gigs mid stream if paid whatever their price is for private sessions. I left out a couple dozen different practices here so I don't have to write a book. But between these ones alone let's be extra generous, like really really effin generous and say 40% of woman here.

So if you add these up the effin generous way you get 20 + 15 + 40 = 75% of woman who are in a category where they'd never imagine apply for a job of this nature. In fact they'd never apply for a job that's even considered much much easier then something like working for Blizzard. Because while easier is well, easier, it's still much harder then posting picture or have smex on a recording or a live stream.

This all leaves just 25% of woman in the actual workforce. 100% of this 25% of woman all have quite an expansive list of jobs they simply never learned how to and a list of jobs that they could never fathom doing regardless of the pay, whether it's due to a danger factor or a physical factor or even just a downright nastiness factor. Let's say 70% of the world's jobs are either unknown to them, things they won't do, too far, or things they can't do.

Well you get a disclaimer and the disclaimer says that these figures are clearly imaginative but likely very close to the real estimates. That said of the 25% of woman who are willing to do what it takes and willing to learn, a portion are happily employed already and even so this 25% of woman are still either unwilling to or those jobs are unknown to them or they're willing to do it but simply can't either due to physical factor or skill or experience factor. So that makes just 25% of woman looking for just 30% of the jobs in the world.

These you have these people who come along and scream bloody murder as if it's like this because of sexism and favoritism towards men. No it's like this because only 25% of woman some of which are happily employed are only looking into about 30% of the world's jobs if not way way less.

If you look these labor figures up online you'll notice it's actually like 46% of woman in the workforce. But that's only because social media, streaming and pron and considered labor. So are all the fake jobs that people created that woman do at home to launder money. Ofc, many if not most of those jobs are real but it doesn't take away from the fact that it affects my algorithmic calculations.... Lolwut? I mean my algorithms. So there you have it. A small portion of woman are willing to work while some of those are happily employed. Of that portion many are either unable or not willing to do many jobs. So if you pretend pron and social media butt secs aren't part of the labor force you get what I said before which is... One sec, I gotta scroll up... It's just 25% of woman looking into just 30% (maybe 40% tops) of the world's jobs amongst them. Also clearly of this 25% many are employed already so it leaves like 15% of woman looking into 30% of jobs.
    Last edited by Yeorgaki; 2021-10-31 at 11:34 PM.
    He who angers you conquers you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeorgaki View Post
    SNIP
    I can make up numbers too!

Lets be generous and say that your post is 100% rubbish
    Here is something to believe in!

I honestly wish they could make the hiring process for programming jobs just completely blind tbh. Fake name, no picture and straight text interview / online skill testing questions. Not really feasible I guess, but it'd be nice to see people hired just on straight talent without gender or race or religion coming into it. It'd hopefully lead to a more diverse workplace
    I knew of a peer-reviewed journal that stopped doing double blind reviews bc not enough women were being published.

Quote Originally Posted by Paperfox View Post
    I wonder if there is a way that Blizz can build (or continue to build on) WoW so that it appeals to an even larger percentage of the population. That might be cool.
    Its a 17 year old game, played mostly by people who have been playing it for a long while, not really attracting new players, who focus on the more recent trends and genres (MOBAs earlier with LOL or DOTA2, then Battle Royales with PUBG being the pinnacle, etc etc).

It will never return to its previous numbers, all they can do is try and maintain this for as long as they can. If they try and get new people whilst alienating those that are loyal to the game, it's doomed. It they fail to attract new players, but keep the loyal ones, and the whales, it will be a slower death.

End result? WoW will die out, sooner or later. If you enjoy it, enjoy it while it lasts. Im hoping its last for a couple more expansions, with some decent raid tiers that i can enjoy. Won't have any interest much longer than that, as someone who has played since betas.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeorgaki View Post
    -SNIP-
    Cool, way to devalue sex workers. That's really super thoughtful and empathetic of you.

No wait, it actually shows you're a bigot who discriminates against them instead. My mistake!

EDIT: Oh, and putting down streamers too! Because we all know that's not a real job, therefore we can make fun of them, right?

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Oh boy... This is going to blow up in their faces, when men file cases for being turned down for a job, in favor of lesser qualified women..

There is a reason why most countries are not allowed to explicit seek men or women for a job.
    There's a very simple answer, just have a lot of male employees declare themselves non-binary. Problem solved!

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BossManRoth View Post
    If they set a quota for themselves, they will change/lower the baseline skill requirements to meet those quotas. Look at the military. They made a pledge to get more women in, and they lowered the requirements so that more women would get it.
    Implying that a woman cannot possibly be as qualified as a man. Interesting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coniferous View Post
    There's a very simple answer, just have a lot of male employees declare themselves non-binary. Problem solved!
    That would actually take some serious courage, and that's why they won't do it. I mean, if it was that easy, why aren't people doing it on a massive scale?
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

I am pretty sure that qualifications will also be part of the requirements. Not just sexual orientation. Stop the drama.

I don't care who they hire. I just care if the game is good and working conditions are healthy as i don't want to support abusers.

Honestly, imo, they are focusing too much on this aspect and too little on fixing the game, making content and communicating with the community.

But, i know it's hopeless and there is another mmo in wich the devs care. So i am done hoping for this company to do so. It's too bad we can't sue them for a better game. xD That would get their asses moving.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2021-11-01 at 12:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    its rly funny how people think its sexist and people get hired for their gender if its women,but when a company hires 99% men its perfectly fine

they arent getting hired because they are women,they are just stoping the male favortism
    because they're not getting hired for their gender

there just happen to be mostly men applying to these jobs

they already take as many women and minorities as they can take, because they know it makes them look good

besides, if they don't hire any women, who are they gonna harass?

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Cool, way to devalue sex workers. That's really super thoughtful and empathetic of you.

No wait, it actually shows you're a bigot who discriminates against them instead. My mistake!

EDIT: Oh, and putting down streamers too! Because we all know that's not a real job, therefore we can make fun of them, right?
    Please. Streamers are the 2000's equivalent of the old cable access broadcasters from the 80's. Any idiot can hook up a camera and some streaming software, throw their videos up on Youtube with their faces plastered all over the thumbnails, grinning like they've just eaten poisonous mushrooms and are waiting for the claw of death to grab them, and make loads of money.

Want proof? Look at all the people eating Tide pods, or doing other dangerous and possibly deadly stunts to "fit in" with the influencers. If half of them put their brain cells together, a redneck from Louisiana would still have more teeth than they have brain cells.
    Feel like you have a target on your back around here?

Knowing this place, you probably do.

Quote Originally Posted by Paperfox View Post
    Who do you think the latest shop mount was targeted at?
    Hint: not straight male costumers , clear as day it's their way to bolster non-binary and female partecipation , nay representation, in wow. Obviously trapping them into 6month plans as usual.
    Last edited by valax; 2021-11-01 at 12:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    Who do you think the latest shop mount was targeted at?
    Hint: not straight male costumers , clear as day it's their way to bolster non-binary and female partecipation , nay representation, in wow. Obviously trapping them into 6month plans as usual.
    Is this parody?

5+ Year Old Account
    There's no guarantee that the outcome of a 100% blind hiring process is will produce the kind of diversity that prevails today's day and age. A blind hiring process is akin to black box analysis where no one is aware of the details of a process-- only its inputs and outputs. Statistically, men are likelier to dominate in technical fields because men by and large have an affinity to technical expertise. That refutes the claim that a blind hiring process would lead to a more diverse workplace. It is highly unlikely.

I help in hiring where I work and we are beginning to spin up hiring after a nearly 2-year freeze on hiring. Because it is technology, we are receiving predominantly male applicants. And that is for two reasons. One, the aforementioned affinity men have for technology skills, and two, because of the local and regional candidate pool we are pulling from is predominantly male. That's just how it is. No matter how much well-intended fine-tuning of the hiring process we make, we simply cannot pull in more "diverse" candidates. We could lower the standards and hit a wider demographic but that negates the purpose for which we are hiring: skilled and qualified candidates.

Alternatively, I think the better way to "diversify" the candidate pool is the long game: provide vocational schooling as an alternative to university education and make it accessible as early as 16 years of age. The pay off may not come for years but when it does, it will have been worth the wait. But even vocational schooling provides no guarantee of a diversified workforce. Why? Individual situations and preferences.

Hire on merit, not on whatever someone 'identifies' as.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Is this parody?
    Is retail a good game?

Quote Originally Posted by Samuraijake View Post

Yeah, a reorganization of sorts.

Great idea, when they are already struggling to publish any kind of content, and when most of their games are dead or close to dying.

Clowns.

*edit* I agree with the tweet below the announcement.

10+ Year Old Account
    I might have the same qualifications on paper as a man up for the same position, but if he's proven more effective or is a better fit for the position, why would I want the job with an asterisk?
    Remember: Words are not violence.
    Make your own groups!!!