Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Vindicator View Post
    Not only is that what I believe - that's what happened.
    In that case the entire world is irredeemably evil.

I'm a man - I think sexual assault is the highest form of evil you can perpetuate against someone
    I think torture and killing might be pretty high up there as well.

Yes we all create our first account on a gaming forum and immediately start posting our sexist rhetoric

You're so spineless about it you can't even admit it's an alt - I'd at least respect it if you were upfront about trying to avoid the ban/ other users knowing you're abominable
    I didn't say it was my first account, I said it was my only account. It sure as hell won't be my last.

Jesus christ use your head once in your life
    If you want to see more of my sexist content, check out my channel here

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCe...cQGIzkFmxo9PXw

I'll be streaming more on Twitch soon

https://www.twitch.tv/nindoriel

So you admit you're on an alt account and are indeed spineless thanks for playing
    I just said, it's my only account.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not willing to give you more of my time
    There goes one of life's greatest pleasures.

all I have left to say is grow up a bit and stop being so scared of people different to you, you'll be less angry and far happier in life trust me
    dilate
    Last edited by problematic asshole; 2021-11-01 at 03:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    equality seems like oppression to the oppressors,you will get over it eventualy big boi
    It does when your "equality" involves tearing people down. Why don't we disable every able-bodied person to make everyone "equal"? No more disabled vs. abled.

BTW. If you think about it for more than a few seconds, call all white males "oppressors" is racist & sexist AF.

This isn't oppression, it's not tyranny. It's some groups of people being (**on average**) disadvantaged due to common biases & historical causes. There is no great oppressive, evil system. It's just people.

7+ Year Old Account
    FFXIV because WoW lost its soul over a decade ago.
    Problematic, I have to give you credit, if I was having to deal with this guy I would be ripping my hair out of my head. It's so blatantly obvious he's never been in a position of power within a company. You don't get the luxury of being picky, you take what applies if you need people, equal representation be damned. You grab the most qualified applicants and run with them. You don't sit there saying "Well we need people, but they're a guy so we'll just leave these positions vacant until qualified women apply for them which may take a while." Especially since if you're short-staffed everyone is working more and therefore more prone to quitting. You fill the vacancies so you're not dealing with even more of them.

It's like these people think when you look at people applying for most jobs that it's an equal split of men and women, it isn't.

But hell, I'm willing to run with what this guy wants, he wants equal representation. So that must mean no workplace can have more than 13% of its workers being black because that's their share of the total US population. Good luck NFL and NBA. By that logic here is the following breakdown of the 2020 census according to Wikipedia.

Non-Hispanic White - 60.3%
    Hispanic/Latin - 18.5%
    Black - 13.4%
    Asian - 5.9%
    Two or more - 2.8%
    Native American - 1.3%
    Native Hawaii - 0.2%

How about they just hire people that are qualified. Who cares what race or gender they are? Setting a quota to hire "x amount" of genders/non-binary, and minorities is honestly even more racist & sexist, because they're basically saying yeah you're maybe not as qualified as the two males that also applied, but we're gonna hire you anyways cause you're a woman, and we have a quota to fill for good "pr".

Quote Originally Posted by VinylScratch View Post
    Problematic, I have to give you credit, if I was having to deal with this guy I would be ripping my hair out of my head. It's so blatantly obvious he's never been in a position of power within a company. You don't get the luxury of being picky, you take what applies if you need people, equal representation be damned. You grab the most qualified applicants and run with them. You don't sit there saying "Well we need people, but they're a guy so we'll just leave these positions vacant until qualified women apply for them which may take a while." Especially since if you're short-staffed everyone is working more and therefore more prone to quitting. You fill the vacancies so you're not dealing with even more of them.

It's like these people think when you look at people applying for most jobs that it's an equal split of men and women, it isn't.

But hell, I'm willing to run with what this guy wants, he wants equal representation. So that must mean no workplace can have more than 13% of its workers being black because that's their share of the total US population. By that logic here is the following breakdown of the 2020 census according to Wikipedia.

Non-Hispanic White - 60%
    Hispanic/Latin - 18.5%
    Black - 13.4%
    Asian - 5.9%
    Two or more - 2.8%
    Native American - 1.3%
    Native Hawaii - 0.2%
    I don't even know if he's serious at this point. But nothing these people believe holds up. They're either young and inexperienced or lack intelligence. Which is kinda the same thing I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EntertainmentNihilist View Post
    It does when your "equality" involves tearing people down. Why don't we disable every able-bodied person to make everyone "equal"? No more disabled vs. abled.
    Yes... All you walking people need to sit down FOREVER.

BTW. If you think about it for more than a few seconds, call all white males "oppressors" is racist & sexist AF.

This isn't oppression, it's not tyranny. It's some groups of people being (**on average**) disadvantaged due to common biases & historical causes. There is no great oppressive, evil system. It's just people.
    That's oppressive regressive ableist homophobic sexist and anti-semitic. Denying oppression and tyranny is literal genocide. You war criminal.
    Thanks for the ad-hominem; it supports your inability to support your argument.

its rly funny how people think its sexist and people get hired for their gender if its women,but when a company hires 99% men its perfectly fine

they arent getting hired because they are women,they are just stoping the male favortism
    Well, say they're hiring 100 people and out of the 100 most qualified people 99 are men, is that wrong?

No. Not at all.

There could be plenty of reasons why, but that's not discriminatory.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    lol... just because you lack imagination doesn't make sexual assault the most evil or worst thing you can do to another person...

i can go on with a lot of other examples that worse than sexual assault...

cutting into their brain to change their personality...

feeding a newborn baby to some hungry animals while the mother of the baby watches...

imprisoning and starving someone to death... it takes a long time to die from starvation...

there are a lot of things that are worse than sexual assault...
    Sexual assault has been so widened anyway, slapping a girl on the ass could be seen as sexual assault. In that case, obviously there are way worse things than sexual assault.

Not only is that what I believe - that's what happened.
    What I saw, was that more talented men made a product, and then a bunch of Feminist weasels came in and threw a hissy fit about something they previously had no problem with, just so they could steal the company and turn it into a propaganda mill.

I'm a man - I think sexual assault is the highest form of evil you can perpetuate against someone - that doesn't change the fact most sexual assault is the fault of men and on the whole men are far more dismissive, for fairly obvious reasons.
    Slavery is worse. Child slavery is even worse. So is flaying the elderly alive, or setting them on fire shortly after. Have some imagination.

It's no great logical leap to see the pattern in the gaming industry, all the companies are massively male dominated
    It's called "freedom". You will never have equality when there is freedom of people to do what jobs they want. Women and men are different, think different, and are practically different species due to sexual dimorphism. Sure, there are plenty of women that go into technical fields, but there are FAR more men who do, and due to simply demographic numbers, of course you're going to end up with more men in the workplace. Blizzard tried this "hiring more women" BS back when Morhaime was President, it obviously never ended, but they still ended up with only 25% or so females in the workforce. It could simply be, that you telling women what they should want, and what they actually DO want, are entirely different things.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by problematic asshole View Post
    I don't even know if he's serious at this point. But nothing these people believe holds up. They're either young and inexperienced or lack intelligence.
    That's usually what it is. It's people who have never had to experience these things and have a ridiculously idealistic view of the world. What I find most amusing is how they don't notice their line of thinking in some regards is actually kind of racist. People will unironically defend Harvard's deliberate bias in candidates when it comes to race allowing some races to score 200 points lower on SATs than what other races have to. Then when you bring it up they say something like "Well that's to make it fair."

In a lot of ways these people actually sound like white supremacists just they employ it differently. In what world can someone say "Women need to be given preferential treatment in employment so it's fair" and not see what they're saying as sexist? Women can be just as qualified if not more than men, just as men can be equally qualified if not more than women. It's about the person, not how they're born.

i have worked in education for many years,and in my experience women outperformed men vastly,but for some reason all these smart and qualified women seem to not get the jobs,odd isnt it?

- - - Updated - - -

your simply in denial of reality
    I've never ever experienced anything like that tbh.
    No one bats an eye about your sex.

Unless it's night-shift at local gas station. They pick up males for that 1 tho. No one ranted about it. :S

And as someone else said- no one hires men just because they are.... men...

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vowrawn View Post
    It's called "freedom". You will never have equality when there is freedom of people to do what jobs they want. Women and men are different, think different, and are practically different species due to sexual dimorphism. Sure, there are plenty of women that go into technical fields, but there are FAR more men who do, and due to simply demographic numbers, of course you're going to end up with more men in the workplace. Blizzard tried this "hiring more women" BS back when Morhaime was President, it obviously never ended, but they still ended up with only 25% or so females in the workforce. It could simply be, that you telling women what they should want, and what they actually DO want, are entirely different things.

"It's off to the brickworks with you."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Skill is not the only factor. In fact skill is baseline. If you don't have the required skill then you don't even make it to the first round of interviews. What is more important is creativity and culture fit. You want your employees to get along and you want them to be innovative. Blizzard has a culture problem. They want to create a more inclusive culture. One way to do that could be to hire more non males. If that is the direction they are going then being a non male does make you more qualified.
    As someone who worked for a company that tried to be "inclusive" by hiring a bunch of minorities in short odder just to look good, we ended up with some very under skilled (although most where at least nice to work with) workers who had to be chaperoned most of their time at the company. when I left the company only two of them where left one who had been moved to cleaning staff, and one who I will admit put in a lot of effort to learning the craft and made something of himself, the other 12ish employees ended up fading away.

Don't ever doubt for a moment that some companies will just pick someone up, because HR says they need more of them...

10+ Year Old Account
    Jordan Peterson memes aside, making rules for the exception never pans out.
    Thanks for the ad-hominem; it supports your inability to support your argument.

Really, someone needs to explain to me, if you assume that Blizzard is a terrible company, that sexually assaulted women and looked the other way while it happened, wouldn't that make it more likely for them to hire women? Because otherwise they can't harass anyone.

I mean they at least need a good supply of good-looking girls, that will let them do this shit to them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post

And as someone else said- no one hires men just because they are.... men...
    Eh this is true and isn't true in some cases. At the risk of sounding sexist, both genders do have their certain tendencies that might make them more or less favorable for employment. Women are more likely to take time off, women are more likely to quit the job if they have a child and they feel it's required of them, men are more likely to make their job the entire focus of their life and orient their entire life around their job. Men are more prone to advancing their position within a company by any means necessary so they're more likely to take the offer some businesses have where if you agree to major in a field they want and work for the company in that field they will cover your tuition upfront and you either pay it back by working for them or they take small bits out of your checks until it is paid.

These are things repeatedly confirmed with studies conducted regarding gender and workplace. These shouldn't be something that is looked at but it definitely is. Just as companies also will take note of your children if they exist or likelihood of having children in the near future because if you either have a kid, or will have a kid that means the company is probably going to have to pay you more to keep you around because you have to take care of your family and if the pay doesn't cut it they won't be around.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    I have a close relative who went into game design. There were only a handful of women (including herself) during her years there. She graduated at the top of her class. She had *far* more breadth of game experience (the vast majority of the males only every played and focused on first person shooters). She won competitions while there.

She didn't get nearly as many offers as the obviously less qualified males.

Nobody is asking for less qualified women to get jobs that would go to more qualified males. The reality is that less qualified males are hired over more qualified women *all* *the* *time* in industries like game design, programming, and cybersecurity.

Why does this happen? Because of people very much like you. You *think* you are being fair, but you (like most) have bias in your decisions, and thus pick less qualified males all the time.

Furthermore, the primary reason many women don't want to go in these fields is because, again, of people very much like you. The rude and lewd comments. The condescension. The assumption that men are inherently more qualified.

By making a commitment to hiring more women, they aren't looking to make their company less effective. You are an utter moron if you think that is what is going on. Instead, they are making a real effort to attract even more people to the industry so that they can hire even more qualified people.

And it's funny how people like you point out low-paying male dominated fields while completely ignoring the tons of low-paying female dominated fields like teachers and child care.

Spend more time learning and less time spouting nonsense.
    That wasn't my experience in those companies at all, and unless companies on the West Coast are a lot different than on the East Coast, this story seems impossible. Big companies were desperate to hire women where I worked.

The idea that there are IT companies out there in 2021 who see a highly qualified woman and say, "meh" seems totally unrealistic. People like that can normally just write their own ticket. Also, the idea that there would be pervasive lewd comments in 2021... seriously? From software developers? The nerdy white, asian, and indian guys who sit in front of computers all day?
    Last edited by Coniferous; 2021-11-01 at 03:47 AM.

i have worked in education for many years,and in my experience women outperformed men vastly,but for some reason all these smart and qualified women seem to not get the jobs,odd isnt it?

- - - Updated - - -

your simply in denial of reality
    Women tend to gravitate toward "nurturing" professions like teaching, childcare, healthcare, etc... That's not really too surprising.