Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by InfernalDark View Post
    Sorry, but we don't speak nazi language.
    Infracted
    Do you enjoy being useless?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive View Post
    Typical WoW response from a WoW player. Not sure why I expected anything more from people in this game.
    Something optimal for raids in raid gear is not optimal for not-raids? Is that a problem?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    The only reason to drop a powerful shard to get the set bonus is if you have fewer than 5 domination items.
    Or because you want all 3 dps gems, the frost absorb, and then either leech or the unholy shield one for m+

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    The only reason to drop a powerful shard to get the set bonus is if you have fewer than 5 domination items.
    No. Plenty of players get the +speed shard for a dps bonus. Speed may be completely useless to their role / spec / style.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive View Post
    Typical WoW response from a WoW player. Not sure why I expected anything more from people in this game.
    Your post history is the typical MMO Champion person. Hating the game they're addicted to.

Why do you even bother?
    Hi

Wait, are you telling me that you are min maxing WQs? 3-shotting a mob with 6% dmg bonus from the shards or 3-shotting a mob with 7.5% dmg increase from the shards is absolutely the same - 3 hits, crazy, I know. Even if it somehow made you to 2shot it, it's a 1 GCD difference. If you want to min max something in the world - it's routing, not 2.5% dmg difference.

There is big overlap in m+ and raid gems, so unless you have only like 2 gem slots there is absolutely no reason to not just have same gems for everything. When you have 3+ slots, you are pretty much set.
    Last edited by erifwodahs; 2021-11-01 at 01:30 PM.

I don't understand why Blizz created this system mid expansion. It's like they way to create problems. Will we have domination sockets next tier too? If not, will we drag low ilvl items after us as well?

And to confirm, yes, it's very easy to forget to switch gems. You start an M+ and there's that moment of "oh crap wrong gems/ gear". And it's not a BIG deal, but it's another added layer of useless stress. Especially since you're not allowed to swap gear inside M+

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Your post history is the typical MMO Champion person. Hating the game they're addicted to.

Why do you even bother?
    stockholm syndrom

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    I don't understand why Blizz created this system mid expansion. It's like they way to create problems. Will we have domination sockets next tier too? If not, will we drag low ilvl items after us as well?
    This system (shards of domination) is merely a borrowed power system within an expansion to drive interest in raiding (with a slight bonus to Korthia and Maw/Torghast). Supposedly, we're moving to tier sets for the next tier (tier sets were promised for Shadowlands and it's not likely that we'll have a 4th raid tier) so shards should go away.

Additionally, considering that we're probably not staying in the Maw for 9.2, I don't expect shards will have a big impact.

The thing is these kinds of systems are necessary to keep the player base engaged. We saw a similar "borrowed power" with Benthic gear back in the Eternal Palace where there were small advantages to use upgraded Benthic gear before benthic gear was replaced by the next raid tier loot.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    Wait, are you telling me that you are min maxing WQs?
    If you want to waste your time don't. Some of us prefer saving time than pretending it's beneath us.

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    Why would you waste a >10% advantage? Are you not dpsing low level mobs too? It saves total time.
    What makes you think you are getting a >10% advantage from swapping gear?
    What makes you think you are even getting anything out of it if you are a raider.
    You literally drive-by kill everything. Speed for world content is determined by how fast you can pull mobs, not how fast you can kill them.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    What makes you think you are getting a >10% advantage from swapping gear?
    The sims and basic logic; and no don't even try to go to "sims do bosses"; some effects do not require high uptime of one target.

And "it already feels easy bruh" is not an argument. Nobody told you it's hard so you basically appeal to emotion.
    Last edited by epigramx; 2021-11-07 at 08:25 AM.

The sims and basic logic; and no don't even try to go to "sims do bosses"; some effects do not require high uptime of one target.

And "it already feels easy bruh" is not an argument. Nobody told you it's hard so you basically appeal to emotion.
    What sims?
    What is the basic setup compared to the optimal setup?

And "feels easy" wasn't an argument I made. You literally kill everything while moving to the next spot. So it's not like you gain any time from dealing more DPS.
    If a mob has 1k HP and you deal 2k HP or 3k HP with a single button press, you don't gain anything.
    For example, I'm currently *without* a covenant in my 248 gear because I forgot that my covenant has to be renown 80 for me to instantly switch and I did world quests. You do understand how much "less damage" that is compared to an unoptimized socket setup, right?
    If you think you are >10% faster than me doing these world quests, you'd be wrong.

So maybe you appeal to emotion more than I do, because you are so desperate to not look like a complete idiot?

It just so happens that the optimal setup for raids, korthia and torghast is the same.
    You just have to switch for M+ - if that's what you feel you want to do.
    You don't lose much either way.
    And for normal WQs, it literally doesn't have an effect at all.

Either way, just disappear from here please. Tyvm
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-11-07 at 08:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    What sims?
    What is the basic setup compared to the optimal setup?

And "feels easy" wasn't an argument I made. You literally kill everything while moving to the next spot. So it's not like you gain any time from dealing more DPS.
    If a mob has 1k HP and you deal 2k HP or 3k HP with a single button press, you don't gain anything.
    For example, I'm currently *without* a covenant in my 248 gear because I forgot that my covenant has to be renown 80 for me to instantly switch and I did world quests. You do understand how much "less damage" that is compared to an unoptimized socket setup, right?
    If you think you are >10% faster than me doing these world quests, you'd be wrong.

So maybe you appeal to emotion more than I do, because you are so desperate to not look like a complete idiot?

It just so happens that the optimal setup for raids, korthia and torghast is the same.
    You just have to switch for M+ - if that's what you feel you want to do.
    You don't lose much either way.
    And for normal WQs, it literally doesn't have an effect at all.

Either way, just disappear from here please. Tyvm
    Your proof: nothing.

My proof: obvious gigantic advantages on all other sims of any type.

And then you call people idiots.

nice "proof" you got there. You didn't provide anything other than a whiny post.
    So what do you want us to do here? Just to agree with your statement?

Show me how your "solo setup" is different from your Korthia/SoD setup?
    Show me what exactly is different between your 5-man/solo setup and your SoD setup?
    Show me how these differences make it >10% more effective to do open world quests?

How do *you* even "sim" it?
    Show me the sims that show the >10% time gains please. Thanks

I was literally moving around today doing mundane stuff, I didn't get to hit more than ~2-3 GCDs per mob, and overkilled basically everything by *thousands*.
    Either your gear is absolute trash, or you are just talking out of your arse.
    If your gear is so bad that it makes a difference, play for another week and it will no longer be that way... at least if you know what you are doing, which seems... not to be the case, I fear.

You are such a troll...
    Infracted
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2021-11-08 at 07:45 AM.

-Trying to not waste time on world content
    -Running custom sims on world content

Isn’t the way to save time just to yolo it?

Quote Originally Posted by Coniferous View Post
    -Trying to not waste time on world content
    -Running custom sims on world content

Isn’t the way to save time just to yolo it?
    Nobody runs sims on world. It's just pretty obvious it's an extra minor advantage to have. In practice almost nobody is going to run different sets for world; but raids are rare compared to 5mans for many people; so they just switch shards when the raiding ends / when the 5manning starts.

Quote Originally Posted by twdft View Post
    op complaining just to complain again, for like the hundredth thread.

There is an easy solution:

Ausrüstungsmanager!

Imagine not just using 3 frost shards because the other shards suck anyway