Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Lol mythic raiders think they won't get raids if blizz doesn't only cater to them, should ignore majority of players? These narcisstic ideas is why they also don't understand why the community is on its death bed n the game as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarnage86 View Post
    So much negative reaction about this.... u all are acting more "old italian boomer" then old italian boomer i know...
    Old italian boomer don't go to vote or express anykind of feedback or suggestion because their motto is: Nothing will change anyways, so i think for me and they think for them
    What you are seeing is people not outright trusting Blizzard anymore and i do think thats warranted at this point. I dont see many just outright shittalking it but we dont know much about how its going to work yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Azxza View Post
    I don't think that's true at all. One of the reason's WoW's PvP scene is completely dead because they have heavily gated the good pvp gear behind high end pvp (rated). Mythic raiding is a tiny community and M+ participation has dropped off a cliff this expansion because Blizzard removed all ways to get high end gear for keys 15 and under so if you want to do super high end M+ you have to do high end raiding as well.

Blizzard should be listening to people who do world quests, who do random queued pvp, who do m0~15 and people who collect mogs, mounts, pets, etc. They absolutely dwarf the hardcore addicts and the game is in the sorry state it's currently in because many of the lead devs in blizzard have a raid or die (or "hardcore or die") mentality.
    I would disagree. I mostly push keys, I am in the top .5%, and I don’t have any raid gear at all, minus a HC ocular.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    You are dreaming, most people have moved on, blizz shouldn't cater to the few ghosts that linger n don't pay sub.
    People leave exactly because Blizzard don't care about POTENTIAL subscribers. It was ok to do it back in old times, when game was successful. But today it's big mistake, that causes constant sinking.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Last times I have given feedback to the game, it was teared apart by the super-toxic community on the forums. So I stopped giving feedback eventually.

Now Blizzard elects those super-toxic players to form a Community Council. Now that's surly going to make the game better and solve all problems.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    People leave exactly because Blizzard don't care about POTENTIAL subscribers. It was ok to do it back in old times, when game was successful. But today it's big mistake, that causes constant sinking.
    You have absolutely nothing you can back this up with. Its just pure speculation on your part.

if they didnt care about potential subscribers they wouldnt market their game and try to draw in earlier subscribers again

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by twothe View Post
    Last times I have given feedback to the game, it was teared apart by the super-toxic community on the forums. So I stopped giving feedback eventually.

Now Blizzard elects those super-toxic players to form a Community Council. Now that's surly going to make the game better and solve all problems.
    What kind of feedback did you give?

Stoooooooooooooop
    Let wow rest in peace blizzard, nobody trust you anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    It's actually a very valid one. You're pretending you know more than someone that studied their whole lives. But if you want a more in-depth response:

You didn't "know better". The doctor did. Because it was him that prescribed you the other medication. You didn't choose a different medication. The doctor did. Doctors know that not everyone reacts the same way to the same medication. It's part of their training. You "knowing better than the doctors" would be you self-diagnosing and self-medicating yourself.

See you are talking like you have a clue. You are 100% WRONG. I am the one who told the doctor which medication I wanted. He prescribed the one that did NOT work. Your reading comprehension is pathetic. What you are missing is that you made ignorant assumption about ME. Assuming I know nothing about medications. Did I mention what I do for a living? Your arrogance is your downfall and frankly makes you look dumb. You should never make assertions lest you have all the information.

I have clearly proven that you are wrong about your analogy. Sometimes doctors are ill informed and sometimes the patient knows better than the doctor does.

Calling you a shill is only an insult if you take it that way. You are a Blizz cheerleader though. Oh is that insulting too? Not meant that way.

Now please stop arguing before they close the post because you keep arguing about something you have been proven wrong about. It's obnoxious.

I love this. I always thought that the direction of WoW is heading should be voted by players who are so passionly about this game.
    This council is a great start. Good job. Curious where it leads to. <3

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    The Year is 2030, the Warcraft Community Council and it's carefully selected cabal of five players they allow to discuss the game (and look suspiciously like developer accounts) has finally had it's first change implemented in the game after reeeing for nearly a decade about representation. You can now select your character's pronouns and your only options are zir/zeer. You have been heard players. /s

Yeah I don't see this going anywhere. If they can't even 'see' the beta and test forums when suggestions or issues are raised then I doubt this will be any different.
    My thoughts exactly. They couldn't bother to act on the feedback given on their own forums, yet now they have a select few hand picked player council system that will lead the discussions. The "selected" players that will end up being council members are most likely going to be hardcore players and they don't necessarily know how to make the game better either. There are too many varying communities with different interests on how to play the game. Encouraging discussions was never the problem so not sure what this is about lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by exsanguinate View Post
    You wouldn't have to make such a circus if you just admitted your mistakes. "We screwed up, we'll do it better" and that's it. There is absolutely no need for such a filter. This is just another way to develop nonsense and dump feedback you don't want to hear.
    TRUE lol. But they have too much pride to ever admit they made mistakes. They will just blame the story narrative again for their systems failure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    Translation: we'll pick the biggest brown nosers, the yes-men, the largest bootlickers to form our council and to shield us from criticism.
    For some reason, I am expecting that to happen. LMFAO

Problem is the devs still haven't realized that borrowed power system is dumb and they should iterate and work on making the core classes better across the board. Without borrowed power systems, the base classes are flat out bad. Apparently they need a council based community to regurgitate the same message, which they have not listened to since WoD.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Really doubt, that this council won't be prejudiced anyway. We actually have official forums and any questions should be answered there. But if we need some council to create "right questions for right answers", then it's another crap on a par with Q&A with cherry picked questions.
    Ya from their past behavior on Q&A, this council does have a chance to head into the the same direction. We will just have to wait and see. The devs already know what the problems are with this game, yet they still need this community council to somehow "read" the feedbacks and "encourage discussions".

Quote Originally Posted by Scarnage86 View Post
    So much negative reaction about this.... u all are acting more "old italian boomer" then old italian boomer i know...
    Old italian boomer don't go to vote or express anykind of feedback or suggestion because their motto is: Nothing will change anyways, so i think for me and they think for them
    The problem is that instead of just improving community feedback Blizzard are constantly announcing new initiatives to improve community feedback. There is no need for an announcement or a community initiative or a promotional video. They could just have taken the same people and told them to log onto the forums and post a single reply to something once or twice a week.

The WoW team telling you they will improve feedback is like that friend who keeps telling you he is going to start going to the gym regularly. Once you have heard it enough times you don't really care. Just do the thing, stop telling us you are going to do it soon.

Quote Originally Posted by twothe View Post

That is a positive thing though. If you are unable to defend your ideas in a public forum odds are they are terrible ideas. No hug boxes only debate.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    I fail to understand why they are doing this. What purpose does it serve? Dont they have the official forums? Oh right, they fired most people that monitored those forums..

This is the sort of thing we can see other places too in real life. Businesses/corporates can invite employees that "work on the ground" into the board meetings and say "Hey now you guys have a voice directly into the top level". What often happens is that these people tend to shift how they view things. Instead of taking the player perspective(workers), they end up agreeing and understand why the board(Blizzard devs) do what they do. They get bit of a insight in how things work, change theyre mind and come to the conclusion that the players(Workers) dont have the whole picture and therefore are wrong. They sort of forget why they were put there in the first place.

The people that get selected are controlled by Blizzard. The posts that get made will be controlled by Blizzard. What they discuss will probably be controlled by Blizzard. Everything about this smells "from the top and down", meaning the community itself dont have control on whats going on, but Blizzard have.

I would argue this wont be anything but a circle of a select few who, in essence, more or less agrees with what Blizzard does and why.
    I was thinking the same, but we have to wait and see how this pans out. If everything ends up being controlled by them and they select the "agreeable" council members that defend their in game decisions and systems designs then this will all be just a sham.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Guys, you had this thing from MoP to Legion, you proceeded to ignore it and eventually just condescend to it and attack it.

So since you couldn't deal respectfully with that, I just assume that what you're looking for is a shill circle.

https://twitter.com/magdalenadk/stat...529282?lang=en
    Indeed they are. Just take a look at those Blizzard-handpicked, copium-exuding MVPs in the official forums for a hint at what will these council members be like.

Quote Originally Posted by Cena View Post
    I was thinking the same, but we have to wait and see how this pans out. If everything ends up being controlled by them and they select the "agreeable" council members that defend their in game decisions and systems designs then this will all be just a sham.
    Theres nothing else to expect than just that. Over the years they have rejected/ignored rather influential communities tied to wow. People who have had good approaches to issues related to the game and provided reasonable arguments, data and information. Were all of them did it out of theyre free will, good heart and love of the game - to no cost for Blizzard.

With this council, Blizzard is in total control. That alone should worry most of us and be rather telling on what Blizzard wants out of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Indeed they are. Just take a look at those Blizzard-handpicked, copium-exuding MVPs in the official forums for a hint at what will these council members be like.
    I mean they had that one really outspoken "git gud" mythic plus player for a while before they gagged him. Hope persists no matter how thick the darkness.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorshen View Post
    It's the secret theorycrafting forums (but now not so secret) all over again. The ones that the newer devs mocked and then got themselves into this free fall. Some previous members praised the discussions during MoP (funny how community perception came around and MoP is regarded like the second? best expansion now) but they peaced out around the time of Legion.
    Yeah, that's the one. History does repeat it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwijello View Post
    See you are talking like you have a clue. You are 100% WRONG.
    Of course I'm wrong. Everyone knows that your average Joe Shmoe knows way better about a certain subject than someone who studied and practiced said subject. Your average maid of course knows more about surgery procedures than a surgeron. Your average mailman of course knows more about astrophysics than an astrophysicist. Of course. /s

You pretend to know more than the developers while having little to no knowledge... and somehow I'm the arrogant one. Mmhm. I'm done with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Of course I'm wrong. Everyone knows that your average Joe Shmoe knows way better about a certain subject than someone who studied and practiced said subject. Your average maid of course knows more about surgery procedures than a surgeron. Your average mailman of course knows more about astrophysics than an astrophysicist. Of course. /s

You pretend to know more than the developers while having little to no knowledge... and somehow I'm the arrogant one. Mmhm. I'm done with you.
    Coding isn't really related to knowing what makes a god game. You are correct about your maid and surgeon example but you've confused who is who.

Blizzard isn't really known for having a track record of successful design choices for about half a decade by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    But they did redesign systems in the beta. Torghast went through massive design changes throughout. I was there.
    I don't disagree on that, but also on elements like Covenants and Conduit energy, Blizzard remained pretty relentless.

But let's also not disregard that Torghast in early Beta was a far cry from what has been actually delivered.