Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Just to knock this down since, as far as I can tell everyone is avoiding mentioning it, but Blizzard is willing to look at verifiable forum posts as a submission. It's fun to leave out facts when you want to not-quite-lie about things.

As to the second part: This community here rarely lets a day go by without bitching about how Blizzard doesn't listen to anything. So here's a chance to make a difference. It might work. It might not. Blizzard isn't saying that they'll take everyone or that each suggestion will be folded into their plans but this seems to be a way to have a better chance to speak to Blizzard more directly and not be a big shot. The chance might not last long but it might be worth 10 minutes of your time to fill out the form.

If you've ever wanted to be a bigger voice than you are now and can validly fill out the form it would be dumb to allow your cynicism to overrule that.
    I'm fairly sure this will just create another useless echo chamber of likeminded people who don't represent the masses of community.

There are two big reasons that lead to this:

1. They want persons that are so involved in WoW that they create videos, guides, stream the game etc. aka not representative of the majority of players who are not doing any of those things. So their mindset and wishes don't necessarily match.

2. This is just a guess, but I assume that applying/participating in the community council requires an active subscription, just like the Blizzard forums in general. A person who is currently subscribed to WoW certainly doesn't represent the masses of players that are currently unsubscribed for X, Y and Z reasons and the 95% of players that have "permanently" quit the game throughout the years.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Falkeshall View Post
    You realize that only show's each user's own ignore list?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    I'm fairly sure this will just create another useless echo chamber of likeminded people who don't represent the masses of community.

There are two big reasons that lead to this:

1. They want persons that are so involved in WoW that they create videos, guides, stream the game etc. aka not representative of the majority of players who are not doing any of those things. So their mindset and wishes don't necessarily match.

2. This is just a guess, but I assume that applying/participating in the community council requires an active subscription, just like the Blizzard forums in general. A person who is currently subscribed to WoW certainly doesn't represent the masses of players that are currently unsubscribed for X, Y and Z reasons and the 95% of players that have "permanently" quit the game throughout the years.
    Then very definitely you should not waste your time on this and continue to complain that they never pay any attention to feedback or make any attempt to reach out.

1. Again, you must be involved enough to submit forum posts among other things. It's not required you be a streamer.
    2. Blizzard is correct in prioritizing paying players over the typical thing we see here.

As I said last night we have a thread here about what it would take to bring people back for 9.1.5. They can read that or they can create the thread themselves and open it up to everyone. They have the ability to do that. I agree that they should.

I have no clue as to how they reach out to the portions of the community that don't make forum posts. I suppose a minimum of engagement is required. You have to draw a line somewhere or you end up with something that looks like here.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Let the clownfest begin.

Well, I think Chicken Drummer would be a good listener.

Quote Originally Posted by Julmara View Post
    i nominate me, myself and this person @Julmara
    I have to go with nominating yourself here. Got my vote for sure!

Oh.

Wait... Hang on... Sorry yourself but I forgot someone...

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    I nominate whoever that was who made the "Wrath of the Bolvar" leak thread.
    THIS!

Hastis for Community Leader!
    Last edited by Doffen; 2021-11-02 at 05:15 PM.

Feels like this is the beginning of the Council of Elrond. Where WoW is the One Ring. And everybody is bickering about who should be in control of it.

Eventually it will be decided to just chuck it into a volcano.

Bobby Kotick can be Gollum for the purposes of this metaphor.

If Blizzard can't internally work out the issues that both current and and ex-players have with the game I don't see a council helping tbh. Maybe they should just try playing the game a bit more, on say a brand new anonymous account, so no gold, no guild and friends for help (apart from those they make during the process), then progressing a boosted 50 to end game raiding or PVP. So they can see what the experience is like for a high percentage of the player base.

I'm sure the council will help fix plenty of "fluff" problems with the live game. But I cant see it fixing the core fundamental issues, (the stuff you need talented game developers for) like making a fun game that doesn't constantly use regurgitated systems, boring grind's every tier for borrowed power etc.
    Nothing new has been added to the core of the game since Legion and what they have added (more borrowed power with a different name) then needing 12+ months to fix and balance into something like what it should have been at launch.

I do see a council being helpful during alpha and beta stages, seeing the last 2 expansions issues that were raised by players in both's test phases went live and were not addressed until much later. but I wont hold my breath I see "that doesn't fit with our vision for the game" type replies already!
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Wealth inequality is here to stay, sometimes it's just how lifes cookie crumbles and all of society is better off for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    But from what I can see it is quite probable Æthelstan was the first Brexiteer, likely the Farage of his age seeing off the European continentals in the very first successful Brexit.

Quote Originally Posted by netherflame View Post
    Shareholders don't give a damn about how the development happens, all they care about is if the game is making money. They want the development process that makes the most money anyone who thinks they are in some ivory tower deciding development initiatives is a monkey.
    Exactly and they typically have set staff that they interact with if they are even involved as there's specifically PR teams called investor relations at companies and I wouldn't doubt that Blizzard has something like that in place.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    What worth is a forum post against big YT or Twitch channel?
    Nothing.
    MMO-Champion is a large community for WoW. It has been for a while. Cataclysm was leaked here, MoP I think was leaked on SoL but was also posted here. WoD was leaked here. It has historically remained on the top of google search results for Warcraft news.

MMO-C should have a rep lol.

I nominate Asmongold. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibiki View Post
    Thats a waste. He is just a shock streamer that goes on rants. Same reason ppl watch mason from dota2.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibiki View Post
    He is funny, but constructive criticism? Nope...

I nominate Teriz too, because we need more Ranged Tanking

Game is literally unplayable right now without it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Thats a waste. He is just a shock streamer that goes on rants. Same reason ppl watch mason from dota2.
    Which is still better than the majority of players making suggestions.

Amongst fans, who really has any tangible game design credibility for fan feedback, really? None. Absolutely none.

So in terms of a Community representative, a streamer isn't a bad pick since they do have quite a bit of influence over a significant portion of the WoW enthusiast (whether they actively play or not) community. Better a shock streamer than a shill.

I’d just nominate anyone who can bring interesting and new ideas in the table for new features like a class or race.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Which is still better than the majority of players making suggestions.

Amongst fans, who really has any tangible game design credibility for fan feedback, really? None. Absolutely none.

So in terms of a Community representative, a streamer isn't a bad pick since they do have quite a bit of influence over a significant portion of the WoW enthusiast (whether they actively play or not) community. Better a shock streamer than a shill.
    Afaik he is most definitely blacklisted, so that ain't happening. I could only see someone like Bellular or T&E doing it, as both of those would do anything for money. I think preach is desperately trying to get away from WoW, because he realized how volatile it is as a basis for his channel.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    I nominate whoever that was who made the "Wrath of the Bolvar" leak thread.
    I'll double up on that with whoever made Awakenings.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felis igneus View Post
    Afaik he is most definitely blacklisted, so that ain't happening. I could only see someone like Bellular or T&E doing it, as both of those would do anything for money. I think preach is desperately trying to get away from WoW, because he realized how volatile it is as a basis for his channel.
    I feel like Blizz will intentionally avoid adding streamers to the council. Then promptly ignore the council 90% of the time and listen to the streamers still.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I feel like Blizz will intentionally avoid adding streamers to the council. Then promptly ignore the council 90% of the time and listen to the streamers still.
    I disagree with that. I think they will have some nonames there to make it appear better, but my guess it it will be some favorible theory crafters, some niche content streamers (probably from non-US places and of colour) and some representatives of world first and guilds and pvp'ers, most of which are streamers anyway.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Felis igneus View Post
    wouldn't matter much then if that happens, the community council would quickly be outed as shill central, and quickly dismissed by the general community as a waste of time.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    2. Blizzard is correct in prioritizing paying players over the typical thing we see here.
    Absolutely disagree.

This is like a politician fishing for votes during election, but only paying attention to his die hard fans.

There are so so so much more people that are potential players of WoW than the amount of people who are currently playing it.

Of course Blizzard needs to pay attention to the paying subscribers as well, but focus much more on the non-subscribers. Why have they quit? What would make them come back?
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.