Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Ye, and every time they bring back an established lore character, they should tell players who that is. And how are you gonna briefly and w/e ham-fisted exposition tell players who is Jaina, Thrall, KT and many many more.
    What do you really need to know about Jaina whenever she is relevant? She is an ice mage that is also in all but name the princess of Kul Tiras. If you want to bring up her relationship with Arthas you mention that they were lovers before Arthas went to Northrend. If you want the Kirin Tor to be a part of it you mention that she trained to be a mage in Dalaran like the rest. If you want her relationship to Anduin you can just say that she cares for him like family.

Kel'thuzad is a disgraced mage that got exiled for practicing necromancy. Thrall is the one that led the Orcs to Kalimdor. Lor'themar is the regent of Silvermoon after their king left/died.

And this is why a dedicated 10-50 questing epxerience is needed. So most of this basic stuff can go unsaid later.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    There's no way in hell that they are doing another expansion next year if every other product is delayed.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    There's no way in hell that they are doing another expansion next year if every other product is delayed.
    Companies don't do well when they go a year with no paid products. Why do you think they would do that?

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    This is insanity is all I say, I know it will happen. But, what a stupid idea.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

That’s basically the entire point of doing an expansion. In 2019 they had no release besides Classic. In 2020 they had Reforged (unmitigated disaster) and Shadowlands. If they don’t release 10.0, they have zero, exactly zero releases for income. That’s not going to happen.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    4 quarters is a year!
    Yes, and a hypothetical Q1 release delayed by two quarters is still a release in the same year. My point was that since we know neither the original release plan nor the extent of the delays, release date speculation for OW2 or D4 hasn't been narrowed much after that announcement.

We also get a new First One item doodad (the anima diverter) so that's one more First One model added.

No other games in 2022 makes me think small 9.2 big 10.0 is likely.

Quote Originally Posted by SunspotAnims View Post
    Yes, and a hypothetical Q1 release delayed by two quarters is still a release in the same year. My point was that since we know neither the original release plan nor the extent of the delays, release date speculation for OW2 or D4 hasn't been narrowed much after that announcement.
    I think from recent development and statements it’s been pretty clear that none of them was deemed releasable in 2022. So we speak about a launch in 2023 or even later.

Twitter update on Diablo 4 & Overwatch 2

Pretty much confirms the 9th WoW expansion has to come out in 2022: When it comes to "Substantial releases" in 2022, a WoW expansion is the only thing that could possibly mean.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    So they should rush out another expansion to get another trainwreck?

They would literally kill the game for one last good Quarterly Report.
    Of course: Several million people buy those trainwrecks every other year

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I think from recent development and statements it’s been pretty clear that none of them was deemed releasable in 2022. So we speak about a launch in 2023 or even later.
    I really don't know what the fuck is going on with Overwatch 2. What is so hard about just releasing PVE story missions?

I feel like they doomed themselves with the hero reworks/rebalances.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    I really don't know what the fuck is going on with Overwatch 2. What is so hard about just releasing PVE story missions?

I feel like they doomed themselves with the hero reworks/rebalances.
    I’ve no idea. Overwatch 2 is like the easiest to develop of them all. It always looked liked Overwatch 1 with PvE added. No idea what can delay this game for years now, when nothing substantial is changing.

They also said that
    "These decisions will push out the financial uplift that we had expected to see next year. But we are confident that this is the right course of action for our people, our players, and the long-term success of our franchises."
    heavily implying that OW2 and/or D4 were supposed to release in 2022, but are now pushed beyond that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I’ve no idea. Overwatch 2 is like the easiest to develop of them all. It always looked liked Overwatch 1 with PvE added. No idea what can delay this game for years now, when nothing substantial is changing.
    The way they have bungled the OW property makes me furious. When SL was small at reveal I knew it meant it was filler for a bigger expansion... years and years of no OW content is fucking inexcusable.

Except Overwatch 2 & Diablo 4 never had a set release date at all. And they're not subscription based game. It's not the same situation:

I'm constantly surprised at how you people underestimate WoW's ability to push out an unfinished product: They do it all the time. They'll do it in 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    The way they have bungled the OW property makes me furious. When SL was small at reveal I knew it meant it was filler for a bigger expansion... years and years of no OW content is fucking inexcusable.
    Yeah especially when it’s not so hard to release content in Overwatch? I mean it’s not like you have to develop complete super detailed PvE zones like in WoW. A new map or hero here and there and players are mostly fine. And they struggle to do that? I have no idea what’s going on. Are there just 5 people working on the game or what?

Did you read the report? Because they pretty much spell it out for you.

It's not OW2 specifically that is in development hell, it's the entire company. SC2 and HotS were put into maintenance mode. Ghosts was cancelled. D3's second expansion was cancelled. Titan was cancelled and OW1 was barely salvaged out of it. OW1 is in maintenance mode. Diablo 4 is in development hell. OW2 is in development hell. Diablo Immortal is in development hell. The incubation unit has never released anything. The WoW dev team struggles to put out content. Literally the one and only department at Blizzard that is releasing content on a regular schedule is Hearthstone. There is something wrong with Blizzard as an organization that is preventing it from releasing games.

The release is Diablo Immortal. They need a solid game...otherwise...

On the other hand, what do they want with OW2? A new Bordelands?

Quote Originally Posted by KainneAbsolute View Post
    On the other hand, what do they want with OW2? A new Bordelands?
    So far it looks like a map- and skinpack with one new gamemode.

Quote Originally Posted by KainneAbsolute View Post
    The release is Diablo Immortal. They need a solid game...otherwise...
    "Substantial Releases" can't mean Hearthstone updates or Diablo Immortal. They learned at Blizzcon 2018 if you call a mobile game a "substantial release" they'll eat you alive.