Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    She was there for 91 days. Does anyone know what she actually did during her tenure?

It allowed Blizzard to add her face to the list of top positions within the company that was not another white male. No /s
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2021-11-02 at 10:07 PM.

I get the feeling she didn't have near as much pull as she thought she was getting when she signed on to be a co lead of Bliz. That would be my guess why she'd rather just leave what theoretically speaking should be one of the top jobs in the entire gaming industry after just 3 months. She barely even got her feet wet before deciding it was time to go.

5+ Year Old Account
    What about DiVeRsiTy in our game?!1 i feel offended now

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Good. Getting promoted because of your chromosomes or skin color shouldn’t be a thing.

Hope WoW gets back on track.
    Yeah this 100%. Hire people because they are qualified, and have people skills, and nothing else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I'm not sure if she founds a company within Activision Blizzard, she said she's leaving ABK by the end of the year.

I mean, the sentence of

can be read in two ways.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    ABK’s leadership is graciously offering their support for my decision and has worked with me on a plan to invest in the future of other women in the gaming industry, by agreeing to make a US $1 million grant to Women in Games International--a fantastic non-profit organization, where I am a board member, that cultivates and advances equality and diversity in the global games industry. This money will be used to fund skill-building and mentorship programs.

With my remaining time here, I will be transferring my responsibilities to Mike, and transitioning into a new role working closely with Activision Blizzard and WIGI to determine the first steps around how the grant will be utilized, and its structure. The partnership is full of potential and is another step in a long-term commitment to create better support, resources, and guidance to women in the gaming industry.
    By this, it makes me believe she's completing her duties at Blizzard until the end of the year, then transitioning into a new role with Activision-Blizzard and the WIGI organization.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Who needs a female lead when you can have a rainbow council of ppl

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Who says it was about her looking good? I think it's about the company looking good. They may have offered her a fat payday to sign on for a new position for those two months and she said 'sure'. We'll probably never know, I just think it looks suspiciously like ActiBlizz trying to make themselves look good instead of actually changing something.
    Considering they made a $1mil donation to a charity of which she's a board member, I wouldn't be surprised if some greasing of palms were had. It's not uncommon as a political move that when someone enters/leaves/transitions to their position of power, they receive donations to their non-profit organizations they chair for kickbacks. Doesn't have to be that nefarious, could be as simple as 'You don't want me to wreck your company? Give my charity money and we'll talk...". Just because she's a woman doesn't mean she can't be as dastardly as any man can in such situations.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Bit of a weird situation, but i actually believe it was always temporary when the 2 co-leaders were announced, as a way to appease the community and claim diversity, whilst now returning to business as usual.

Either that, or she didn't like her position at all, and just wanted to jump ship. Who knows.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    Doesn't have to be that nefarious, could be as simple as 'You don't want me to wreck your company? Give my charity money and we'll talk...".
    Acting like a Mafia boss. That's not nefarious?
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    By this, it makes me believe she's completing her duties at Blizzard until the end of the year, then transitioning into a new role with Activision-Blizzard and the WIGI organization.
    No, she leaves Blizzard effective immediately, but remains within Activsion Blizzard until the end of this year, then she leaves that as well.

I want you to hear from me personally that I have made the decision to step away from co-leading Blizzard Entertainment and will transition to a new position before departing ABK at the end of the year.
    She however will remain in contact with Activsion Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    No, she leaves Blizzard effective immediately, but remains within Activsion Blizzard until the end of this year, then she leaves that as well.

She however will remain in contact with Activsion Blizzard.
    Ah, pardon me, missed that part.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

7+ Year Old Account
    Of course, the woman is the one to be leaving.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    good riddance. she got nothing of substance accomplished in her tenure, just more of the same.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dealing with Blizzard's staff made her quit after two months? lol

10+ Year Old Account
    It kind of sucks she left but she deserves better than the butt toucher club. She'll land on her feet elsewhere, best of luck to her.

While hiring diversity isn't a bad thing (duh) good luck trying to hire them when your company is reportedly accused or racism, sexism and transphobia. As a Bi/pan guy myself Blizzard once would have been a dream job for me... and while the notion of hiring more diversity to improve your company is appreciated, its not going to have the desired effect.
    Last edited by Orby; 2021-11-03 at 12:05 AM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Not surprising given that she formerly headed VV and they're being absorbed fully now. She was the only "outsider", and now she's gone.

Just drop the act and promote Kotick to Blizzard CEO, we all know that's where this ship is headed. Now they've just got Mike "Buy my mythic runs" Ybarra as "leader", whatever the fuck that pointless title actually even means.

Well, it will all work out. They'll just get 400 resumes from women only and hire one of them. Never mind if they're the best person for the job.
    Feel like you have a target on your back around here?

Knowing this place, you probably do.

Smart Girl. You got the fuck out before she got grabbed or groped by the pervs. I don't blame her. She wanted a more professional environment. She will not find that at Blizzard. Happy for her.
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

10+ Year Old Account
    Gottem. I don't really care much about Blizzard and it's dealings but this story is amusing for some reason.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

The new Co-Leader will now be a bowl of fruit.