3+ Year Old Account

and she's done! and she's more closer to Vereesa in WoW

https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads...er-2-0.332948/
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    In a dream world Blizzard would implement all of the above; but at the same time, Blizzard knows that the Ren'dorei are the best and most popular allied race ever, while the Nightborne, LF Draenei, and HM Tauren were in dire need of a miracle, so they might just take the lazy route and say "Ah well, the Void elves print millions just by existing, so there's no point in adding further options for them".

The curse of being extremely popular and marketable
    I’m curious to see what Nightborne, HM Tauren and LF Draenei numbers will be after the patch.

Allied races should have inspired people who wouldn’t normally pick the main race, to pick the allied a race.

I’m this respect, I think only Nightborne, Zanadalari and Dark Irons succeeded. Every other race failed.

But void elves are in a different category. Even though their customisations still seem lacking on the void side of the equation, the high elf side will smash their records out of the water.

They will eat most out of human population IMO, because night elves not only had good customisations, but, blood elves and human revamp already ate away the night elf population. And nightborne, even after this revamp which looks good, are merely a night elf alternative rather than significantly better to force a high popularity.

People have always wanted to play Hogh elves. Not night elves really. Night elves are only popular because of their lore - and because despite their models being disappointing in the revamp, they are still preferred over the looks for gnomes, dwarves, Draenei and Worgen for most who play them.

Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    I’m curious to see what Nightborne, HM Tauren and LF Draenei numbers will be after the patch.

Allied races should have inspired people who wouldn’t normally pick the main race, to pick the allied a race.

I’m this respect, I think only Nightborne, Zanadalari and Dark Irons succeeded. Every other race failed.

But void elves are in a different category. Even though their customisations still seem lacking on the void side of the equation, the high elf side will smash their records out of the water.

They will eat most out of human population IMO, because night elves not only had good customisations, but, blood elves and human revamp already ate away the night elf population. And nightborne, even after this revamp which looks good, are merely a night elf alternative rather than significantly better to force a high popularity.

People have always wanted to play Hogh elves. Not night elves really. Night elves are only popular because of their lore - and because despite their models being disappointing in the revamp, they are still preferred over the looks for gnomes, dwarves, Draenei and Worgen for most who play them.
    No doubt allied races will become much more popular, especially now that the Rep grind has been removed.

Before people had to get Exalted with the Argus reputations to play the Legion allied races (Alliance side), which obviously meant a lot of people gave up because it takes like 1 month to grind out Exalted for the Argussian Reach/Army of the Light. I know from experience
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

While I'd expect all four allied races getting new options to see some level of increase in population, especially in light of the easement of unlocking, I would not be surprised if nightborne numbers see a noticeable surge. Of the four, the nightborne really came out with a good selection of options imo, even if the options weren't 100% perfect. Lightforged are probably the next best out of the bunch. While I really love what the highmountain got, it didn't really scream "massive upgrade" to me.

The void elves got the least attention, but the hair colors and tentacle toggle are incredibly impactful options that open the complete high elf aesthetic to the alliance now. I'm not sure if that will result in more people rolling/race-changing to void elf, or just more void elves using high elf aesthetics, but it's a win for those seeking alliance high elves any way you look at it.

I doubt that the void elf options will entice anyone to faction swap, so any ideas that this will affect population numbers is probably wishful thinking. With that said, I'm absolutely going to be rocking my black hair come tuesday and be a very happy "half-elf"!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    While I'd expect all four allied races getting new options to see some level of increase in population, especially in light of the easement of unlocking, I would not be surprised if nightborne numbers see a noticeable surge. Of the four, the nightborne really came out with a good selection of options imo, even if the options weren't 100% perfect. Lightforged are probably the next best out of the bunch. While I really love what the highmountain got, it didn't really scream "massive upgrade" to me.

The void elves got the least attention, but the hair colors and tentacle toggle are incredibly impactful options that open the complete high elf aesthetic to the alliance now. I'm not sure if that will result in more people rolling/race-changing to void elf, or just more void elves using high elf aesthetics, but it's a win for those seeking alliance high elves any way you look at it.

I doubt that the void elf options will entice anyone to faction swap, so any ideas that this will affect population numbers is probably wishful thinking. With that said, I'm absolutely going to be rocking my black hair come tuesday and be a very happy "half-elf"!

Looks slick!

I think it will give a little active player spike because many people waited for this for over a decade.
    Maybe in the long run we might win some horde players back though, we'll see.

I'm so ready for this patch xD
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

they really need to make high elves their own race

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    Pretty cool!

Now you can make them on the alliance, I don’t get what the big deal was.

They are no different to blood elves aesthetically. But thematically are very different because blizzard separated the factions so.

- - - Updated - - -

As a new player you won’t think twice that you can have the high elf loom on the void elf - not that you would know.

Blood elf does seem a bit lesser because you have the void option distinctions on void elves that blood elves don’t have.

What they need to even the scales is give undead blood elf options available for all classes not just DK. But only DKs get the smoky blue eyes, blood elves get red eyes, tattoos and vampire fangs? (Or is that too night elfy?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    In a dream world Blizzard would implement all of the above; but at the same time, Blizzard knows that the Ren'dorei are the best and most popular allied race ever, while the Nightborne, LF Draenei, and HM Tauren were in dire need of a miracle, so they might just take the lazy route and say "Ah well, the Void elves print millions just by existing, so there's no point in adding further options for them".

The curse of being extremely popular and marketable
    When 9.1.5 dropps nightborne will take over.

Also no to green and red eyes.. those are blood elven and darkfallen sanlayn/ dark ranger options. Void elves shoudlnt get all blood elf options...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sunhawk spy View Post
    they really need to make high elves their own race
    Nah we are fine were we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Nah we are fine were we are.
    There are no High Elves in the game. If you are Alliance, you are 100% Void Elf, with Void Elf racials, and Horde are still Blood Elves.

I really expected (hoped) this thread to be spammed with high elf transmogs. I’m disappointed. I want to see everyone’s high elf pride while I wait at work to make my own!

Quote Originally Posted by Edoll View Post
    I really expected (hoped) this thread to be spammed with high elf transmogs. I’m disappointed. I want to see everyone’s high elf pride while I wait at work to make my own!
    Yeah, it's kind of weird after all the months of hype. Even on my server, there aren't many players around barbershops. Guess not many people decided to resub.

Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    Yeah, it's kind of weird after all the months of hype. Even on my server, there aren't many players around barbershops. Guess not many people decided to resub.
    We are all in the barbershop man. And EU just woke up to the patch and gotta pay them bills first *snap*

- - - Updated - - -

Not quite sure yet what style to choose

Edit again:
    Going to the tendril-helf-look. I will be swapping between tendrils and dark skin to find my favorite look.
    So happy ^^
    Last edited by Rootsbum; 2021-11-03 at 07:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edoll View Post
    While I can't speak for everyone, I think for many its just too little, too late. I'm glad everyone has them now, but some copy pasted textures and things that should have been in SL from the get go wont bring me back. Lifes too short to spend it pining for a game dev to click and drag some textures.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just let me come home
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Yeah, I'm really glad for all of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    What they need to even the scales is give felblood elf options available for all classes.
    As a long time blood elf warlock I fixed that for you.

Everyone remembers the felblood elves from The Burning Crusade!

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    Differentiate them by leaning blood elves into the light+fel aesthetics more (magic hands like nightborne, maybe some sunwell-inspired lightforging), give void elves more high elf+void trademarks, i.e alleria's tattoos, more magic effects (like the nightborne magic hands but a void equivalent)
    Alleria's tattoo's aren't "high" elf aesthetic, they are ranger aesthetic which the blood elves have too.

That said, I would go for the Felblood, Light and Wretched choices.
    Wretched options could give blood elves more a more starved appearance, clawlike hands and feet, orbs growing from the back, black mouths (and give Nightborne more Wretched appearances).
    Felblood would obviously just be updated HDified felblood elves appearances, black bird-like wings, horns from the forehead, clear fangs, different skintones as seen in Wretched NPC's.
    Light would be easiest imho, Light tattoo's that's basicly it. Sorry Light users!

I would like more magic effects on the elf races in general, void elves more void effects, nightborne more arcane effects etc.

It is clear that this is only the beginning. These options are still missing for the Ren'dorei:

- Green eyes (they have Sin'dorei scholars too amidst their ranks)
    - Red eyes (all Death Knights should get them really)
    - Entropic Embrace: Either give the option to make it a Permanent state or give skin options that closely resemble it
    - Tattoos, both Magister-themed (the second-in-command of the Ren'dorei is a Magister...) and Farstrider-themed, emanating Void energy
    - Unique hair effects, "astral hair" so to say
    - Unique Corruption effects, like eyes resembling the Eye of N'Zoth, or the option to have a "third" eye on the forehead that resembles an Eye of N'Zoth; perhaps an option to have half the face "scarred" and "distorted" similar to Zuraal the Ascended from the Seat of the Triumvirate dungeon
    - Unique skin colour where you can have patches of dark skin and patches of fair skin
    - Unique hand effects similar to the ones the Nightborne are getting, but with Void energy instead of Arcane
    - More jewelry options; necklace, armbands, bracelets, like the Blood elves got; also bandages similar to the Ethereals (the Ren'dorei were doomed to become just like the Ethereals before Alleria intervened)
    - Utilizing the Mechagnome mechanic, give the option to have a "tentacle-arm" similar to the Faceless Ones

This is just the tip of the iceberg in terms of customization.
    In a shocking fucking turn of events I agree with 90% of what you said in this post.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hunter

Warrior

Mage

Rogue

Warlock

Deathknight

Priest

Okay so there's already a problem right off the bat.

Nightborne: 3 pages of customization
    LF Draenei: 3 pages of customization
    Hm Tauren: 3 pages of customization

Void elves: 1 page of customization

This must be a joke right?
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2021-11-04 at 08:07 AM.
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

I've made my Void Elf Warrior into a High Elf and he does look pretty cool.

But, everytime I do log onto him, I do want to swap back to my Blood Elves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    SNIP
    How do you post your images like that?