Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Same reason why people kept advocating for an underground expansion (until material for that storyline was thrown away in 8.3): because it's the most appealing direction for the game left. People would rather get a timeskip and see a completely redone Azeroth rather than get an expansion about fighting evil angels and purple tentacles.
    i think a dragon xpac would be baller. But Blizz could screw it up by giving all these new dragons a sad personality where they mope around like Eeyore, inspect their own navels, and deliver constipated dialogue. Dammit, give these character some spit and fire for once!
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Can we just appreciate how good that leak looks visually, it legit had me fooled for 1 split second.

However what made the creator think factions would merge in 9.2, that's got "NEW EXPANSION FEATURE" written all over it
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

this leak looks legitimate, at least better awakening

http://i.imgur.com/XCHUYUi.jpg

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Leak is so vague that all of these things (beside names) can happen - solo chalenge, cross faction, Wrath on next Fall, Azeroth revamp, tinker class, profession revamp.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    However what made the creator think factions would merge in 9.2, that's got "NEW EXPANSION FEATURE" written all over it
    Not really, often late patches introduce new feature or first iteration of it. Wrath Heroic raids, LFG, Cata transmog, LFR, MoP flex, WoD mythic dungeons, timewalking, Legion scalling in old world, BfA removing titanforging, new auction house.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post

No that always looked super fake.

That's just Atlantis, but Zin-Azshari/Nazjatar, while INSPIRED by Atlantis, aren't actually supposed to look like it. Nazjatar is supposed to be a sprawling Naga city (which to be fair you do see around the Eternal Palace, too bad you can't actually visit it, nice move as usual Blizzard ), not some derelict underwater ruins.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2021-11-04 at 09:39 AM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post

Got me again, lol. I am glad that is still being posted

That's just Atlantis, but Zin-Azshari/Nazjatar, while INSPIRED by Atlantis, aren't actually supposed to look like it. Nazjatar is supposed to be a sprawling Naga city (which to be fair you do see around the Eternal Palace, too bad you can't actually visit it, nice move as usual Blizzard ), not some derelict underwater ruins.
    One of the great missed opportunities of BfA. Not making Zin-Azshari, most if not all of the city, and secondly not making the zone actually underwater.

It would have fed into itself brilliantly too. Towering buildings on all sides, with the zone existing in the full 3 environments.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    One of the great missed opportunities of BfA. Not making Zin-Azshari, most if not all of the city, and secondly not making the zone actually underwater.

It would have fed into itself brilliantly too. Towering buildings on all sides, with the zone existing in the full 3 environments.
    If you think that was a missed opportunity just wait until we get to Ny'alotha, at least Nazjatar had its own zone

At least the music in Nazjatat was a solid 10/10 though. That somber elven music you hear in the ruins just set the mod so damn well.

- - - Updated - - -

If you think that was a missed opportunity just wait until we get to Ny'alotha, at least Nazjatar had its own zone
    From what we saw in the raid I don't think really think I would have enjoyed a Ny'alotha zone. The skybox was cool and all, but giant empty warehouses in a lava pool wasn't nearly as intriguing as the scrapped Naxjatar concept where part of the zone was N'zoth himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Where does this game have challenging mobs? They don't exist. Elite bosses and elites maybe, but even elites are fairly easy and soloable. So I would not worry about that at all, open world content in WoW hasn't been challenging in ages (not talking about the Maw because the zone was specifically designed for that).

"Buld & Customise your Airship" - hilarious.
    It does have that up to the point where you outgear it ofc. I saw someone else mention the fact that if every zone scales, what's even the point of levels? I think there are both pros and cons to making every zone scale to your level, but I would love a world where more than 3% of the zones are relevant, and would love for EK and Kalimdor to get some use again.

At least the music in Nazjatat was a solid 10/10 though. That somber elven music you hear in the ruins just set the mod so damn well.

- - - Updated - - -

From what we saw in the raid I don't think really think I would have enjoyed a Ny'alotha zone. The skybox was cool and all, but giant empty warehouses in a lava pool wasn't nearly as intriguing as the scrapped Naxjatar concept where part of the zone was N'zoth himself.
    That's because Blizzard already decided it would just be a raid, that's why Ny'alotha consists of 2 pyramids and an endless desert of fire.

If you look at all the concepts of Ny'alotha pre-8.3, there are some mindblowing ones. Like an upside down cubic city with impossibly large obelisks and impossible geometry.

That Blizzard decided to take the laziest route doesn't mean Ny'alotha didn't have ton of potential.

That's because Blizzard already decided it would just be a raid, that's why Ny'alotha consists of 2 pyramids and an endless desert of fire.

If you look at all the concepts of Ny'alotha pre-8.3, there are some mindblowing ones. Like an upside down cubic city with impossibly large obelisks and impossible geometry.

That Blizzard decided to take the laziest route doesn't mean Ny'alotha didn't have ton of potential.
    I just doubt it would have been as interesting as it might have been pitched.
    Remember that Nazjatar was pitched as far more vertical, with water colums and geysers that you could use to traverse to higher ledges and generally move around quickly.
    In practice it ended up essentially being a more boring Vashj'ir where you were stuck to the floor.

Ny'alotha could have been great, but if the raid seems boring then why would the zone be any better?

I just doubt it would have been as interesting as it might have been pitched.
    Remember that Nazjatar was pitched as far more vertical, with water colums and geysers that you could use to traverse to higher ledges and generally move around quickly.
    In practice it ended up essentially being a more boring Vashj'ir where you were stuck to the floor.

Ny'alotha could have been great, but if the raid seems boring then why would the zone be any better?
    Because if they made an actual zone they'd have to put more effort.

Man the icons look so good. Had me hooked until someone pointed out the typo

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    It's hilarious to me that someone went through all the effort of making a fake leak look that good and then ruined it with a simple typo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Okay you're right about that: But Draenor is the exception that proves the rule: Chronicle vol 2 says, Despite Draenor not having a world soul, it had turbulent natural & elemental life: The Titans took interest in Draenor specifically because that's not supposed to happen.
    Yes. They took interest in Draenor because Draenor was unusual. Not sure why you think that supports your claims.

- - - Updated - - -

Even outside the typo, there's the weird phrasing of "return to a different world" (how are we returning if its different? Should be 'changed') and this absurd "Hero Stance" system (which neither sounds good nor tells you anything).

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Doubt. Blizzconline 2022 has been cancelled. Very doubtful that 9.2 will come out in Spring 2022. Also doubt player controlled airships will work within the WoW engine.
    Very doubtful 9.2 will come before June 23? This is "9.1 PTR will be August at the earliest" level.

Although you may be right it won't come during Spring cause it covers only last 2 resets of Q1. More likely it will be late Winter.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Even outside the typo, there's the weird phrasing of "return to a different world" (how are we returning if its different? Should be 'changed') and this absurd "Hero Stance" system (which neither sounds good nor tells you anything).
    Not to mention that Blizzard would never do "Unified Factions." And, outside of a few misguided RPers, no one is asking for that anyway. That's just a misconception from people that don't really understand what people are asking for when they post about cross-faction grouping.

Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    Not to mention that Blizzard would never do "Unified Factions." And, outside of a few misguided RPers, no one is asking for that anyway. That's just a misconception from people that don't really understand what people are asking for when they post about cross-faction grouping.
    Unifying doesn't seem realistic short-term anyway. Unless there's a major time-skip, i can't see that happening anytime soon.
    Meanwhile, cross-grouping is probably unavoidable in the medium term if they don't want Alliance endgame to collapse.

Buddy, this is a meme. On this thread at least.

I agree! It looks super nice