Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    I know about the change. Still does not change the fact that Yorik always worked like he did since the patch come out.

Incredible the amount of white knights on this forum these days. You must love farming Korthia for 2 hours every day.
    That it's always been there doesn't stop it from being a bug. It just means that it didn't have an impact until now.

"It always worked like that" is not an argument, it's an observation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    Releasing balancing as a patch with nothing new inside, but calling it content = new meta design of wow
    love WoWarcraft

Whether or not it was a bugfix or something more along the lines of a balance change to bring that particular rare in line with the other rares given a change in how those rares drop this rep grind stuff, whatever it is, there's really not much to say or do about an adjustment like this other than to just get over it and move on. It's not like it wasn't an understandable change. Enjoy the time you had with something wonky and unintentional while you had it, and don't get so attached to that kind of shit so that your heart doesn't get broken so easily when Blizzard catches on to something that looks wonky and unintentional and fixes it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by froschhure View Post
    Releasing balancing as a patch with nothing new inside, but calling it content = new meta design of wow
    Wrong thread? It is a minor patch after all.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    Haha you are spot on. Reminds me of weird bugs we've had over the years like fairly recently when some items dropping from Maw of Souls were bugged and OP for max level for some reason even though we're years past Legion. People farmed it, Blizz obviously fixed it and people come out with the "no fun allowed" argument.
    right? i mean i get it in some cases but when its OBVIOUSLY not working as intended... wtf are people expecting?
    like the exp potion stacking, people have to split it before using it (or something like that, cant recall) so it was obviously bug, they used it to level at ludacris speed and then were SO SHOCKED when they got baned... like wtf did they expect?

15+ Year Old Account
    What's fun about camping the same enemy over and over?

Shouldn't the new Relic dropping change promote running around the zone in a rare farming group or raid? Surely that would be more fun and engaging while still being an effective way to farm?

How is farming the same mob over and over in a raid group any fun ? That's not fun, what's fun is getting the sockets and conduits afterwards. Don't get me wrong, I hate the Korthia daily farm, but it's good that they fixed this because it was obviously working wrong.

Easy isnt equal to fun.
    Imagine if 9.2 rep grind was only to kill one mob over and over untill exalted. Sounds Pretty fucking boring to me.
    And the relic drop way more now, so please stop whining.

Non stop hate boner for Blizzard, yet continues to play Blizzard games and give them money. Makes perfect sense.

Quote Originally Posted by mojusk View Post
    Easy isnt equal to fun.
    Imagine if 9.2 rep grind was only to kill one mob over and over untill exalted. Sounds Pretty fucking boring to me.
    And the relic drop way more now, so please stop whining.
    I mean that sounds perfect... I don't get people who enjoy challenge less boring repetitive activities in a video game of all things. They can cut their yard with safety scissors if they need that kind of tedium in their lives.

From what I can tell the playerbase fucking hates conduits and gem slot grinding. They should wake up and remove it not double down on " well now we only waste two weeks of your life not six!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    What's fun about camping the same enemy over and over?

Shouldn't the new Relic dropping change promote running around the zone in a rare farming group or raid? Surely that would be more fun and engaging while still being an effective way to farm?
    People don't want to do the content at all... they want their conduits and sockets and then never to return. Shackling higher end players to dailies isn't really how you build a happy community.

Crazy how people keep describing severe bugs and exploits as "fun".

Sure man, they hate "fun"! How dare they fix "fun".

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Crazy how people keep describing severe bugs and exploits as "fun".

Sure man, they hate "fun"! How dare they fix "fun".
    The alternative is weeks of boring ass rare farming and dailies that the group doing this doesn't want to do... don't gloss over that part. You are blaming hostages for not developing Stockholm syndrome...

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    So fun they can fix within a day, but stupid broken things they keep for years. People were enjoying themselves farming Yorik, but blizzard cant have that...

There was no exploit, 100% pure real game mechanics, everyone could do it. Its not like some of the other bugs that happened in say BFA or whatever.

This research grind is slow as fuck, you get like 1000 rep a day max if you spend 2 hours in the zone, but finally a way to grind it faster...nono.
    I literally got 500 rep from a single rare yesterday. Today i got 5000 research (so 2500 rep) in less than half an hour to buy my last socket. If you think yorik farming was "fun" instead of completely erasing the need to do anything else in korthia i dont know what to tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by Log Cabin View Post
    The alternative is weeks of boring ass rare farming and dailies that the group doing this doesn't want to do... don't gloss over that part. You are blaming hostages for not developing Stockholm syndrome...
    Only they hold hostage themselves. As proven time and time again, you don't need those sockets to complete any kind of content, so the alternative is to ignore "boring ass rare farm" that you don't enjoy nor need. Keeping people subbed has never been so easy - just give them 0,1% power increase gated behind months long grind. They. Simply. Can't. Stop. Themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu fhtagn View Post
    I literally got 500 rep from a single rare yesterday. Today i got 5000 research (so 2500 rep) in less than half an hour to buy my last socket. If you think yorik farming was "fun" instead of completely erasing the need to do anything else in korthia i dont know what to tell you.
    You say " hey its pretty clear grindy content isn't for you. Sorry they locked conduits and sockets behind it hopefully they learn and next time its just cosmetics"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    Only they hold hostage themselves. As proven time and time again, you don't need those sockets to complete any kind of content, so the alternative is to ignore "boring ass rare farm" that you don't enjoy nor need. Keeping people subbed has never been so easy - just give them 0,1% power increase gated behind months long grind. They. Simply. Can't. Stop. Themselves.
    Prove it.

I want you to prove you don't need conduits find me a single log with a mythic slyvannas kill where the raid didn't have capped conduits. Just for fun do it.

It's an optional rep grind though. Did people complain back in the day about farming rep with the goblin cities? I don't know if rep grinds have ever been 'fun' but to people who care about getting them exalted it feels rewarding once you get there and that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    It's an optional rep grind though. Did people complain back in the day about farming rep with the goblin cities? I don't know if rep grinds have ever been 'fun' but to people who care about getting them exalted it feels rewarding once you get there and that's about it.
    Conduits and sockets... it is the only way to reasonably get them though granted sockets can now be easily farmed through choreghast...

Prove it.
    I want you to prove you don't need conduits find me a single log with a mythic slyvannas kill where the raid didn't have capped conduits. Just for fun do it.
    I mean I probably could, if I ever cared about winning internet debates. You can proclaim yourself the winner if it makes the grind any more tolerable.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Funny how the OP went silent after people pointed out that "farming a single mob over and over again for ridiculous amounts of loot" obviously qualifies as an exploit and that his 'fun' excuse is just that, an excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    I mean I probably could, if I ever cared about winning internet debates. You can proclaim yourself the winner if it makes the grind any more tolerable.
    See here is the thing. I know you can't...maybe just maybe you can find a raid with one to five players without it. I can give you that but this whole " its not MaNDatOry" crowd is always from players who do content a raid group consisting of only druids could steamroll. It isn't a knock against you if you enjoy it good on you but don't be shocked when players who are only interested in the harder aspects of the game don't give to shits about skipping the mindless parts.

If you want to make a daily zone I would be interested make a mage tower tied to progression don't burden me with some rare that explodes in 12s of combat.