Thread: Loot Scarcity

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Loot Scarcity

This is what made me angry the entire game. The first week I grinded mythics to 200 so I can raid normal and heroic. After an entire raid tier of downing bosses normal and heroic and doing mythics. My gear only moved up 7 item levels. If Im not getting loot the game isnt fun and im not playing. This is a change they need to totally revert back to normal. This is what will make me never play wow again. Not 33% back to normal, not 90% back to normal but 100% back to normal rates. The way they took away loot rates from Timewalking, almost made me quit. Doing the Ulduar was fun in a group again and the loot was a great incentive to run it on alts.

Anyone else feel this? Does anyone know if they plan to go back to the old loot system?

Quote Originally Posted by kingj56 View Post
    Anyone else feel this? Does anyone know if they plan to go back to the old loot system?
    Old loot system is 2 pieces for 40-ppl?

Does anyone know if they plan to go back to the old loot system?
    Which "old" loot system? The one where you got 2 items per boss for 40 players? Or a different version?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

This is what made me angry the entire game. The first week I grinded mythics to 200 so I can raid normal and heroic. After an entire raid tier of downing bosses normal and heroic and doing mythics. My gear only moved up 7 item levels. If Im not getting loot the game isnt fun and im not playing. This is a change they need to totally revert back to normal. This is what will make me never play wow again. Not 33% back to normal, not 90% back to normal but 100% back to normal rates. The way they took away loot rates from Timewalking, almost made me quit. Doing the Ulduar was fun in a group again and the loot was a great incentive to run it on alts.

I hit 60 on the character I'm playing for 9.1.5 on monday night. I'm 244 now. Loot is fine you just need to play the game.

You are one of the reasons, why Wow loot system has changed. You want upgrade from every single kill. It causes ilvl inflation and reward devaluation. Back in old times there were 13 gear pieces, only ONE update per every piece and you had to be busy getting them for whole 6 months of raid tier. If you want Diablo-like loot system - go play Diablo then.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    You are one of the reasons, why Wow loot system has changed. You want upgrade from every single kill. It causes ilvl inflation and reward devaluation. Back in old times there were 13 gear pieces, only ONE update per every piece and you had to be busy getting them for whole 6 months of raid tier. If you want Diablo-like loot system - go play Diablo then.
    Let's be fair here, if you want a more "casual" game, you should probably play Farmville.

Ah yes, the old times argument again.
    The problem is we have no bad luck protection in raids, for example, I killed mythic Sire 14-15 times ( nearly 4 months of reclears) only got 1 item from him and finished tier without ever getting my last 3 bis items.
    That's so fun, right?
    Imo they should just add rolls back so people with giga bad rng can have higher chance of getting loot. That is especially important if they are adding tier sets or dom shard / socket equivalent next tier. Cba sitting on the bench just because I got unlucky dom socket pieces.
    Last edited by Reijatsu; 2021-11-05 at 08:35 AM.

I dont want an upgrade from every boss drop, they could have kept titan forging in that case. I do however want upgrades after 8 heroic boss kills minium weekly and a few mythic 10+ thrown in every now and then 213 seems very reasonable as heroic gives 214 max excluding the last boss. It doesnt cause i lvl inflation as I havent even hit close to max. Im only 207. Also max ilvl is mythic which was at the time 226 hard cap. There cant be inflation with no higher ilvl than that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reijatsu View Post
    Ah yes, the old times argument again.
    The problem is we have no bad luck protection in raids, for example, I killed mythic Sire 14-15 times ( nearly 4 months of reclears) only got 1 item from him and finished tier without ever getting my last 3 bis items.
    That's so fun, right?
    Imo they should just add rolls back so people with giga bad rng can have higher chance of getting loot. That is especially important if they are adding tier sets or dom shard / socket equivalent next tier. Cba sitting on the bench just because I got unlucky dom socket pieces.
    THANK YOU! Some of these people really dont comprehend what is being said. Loot this tier was trash. There was a post talking about loot scarcity and how a player had over 100 kills and didnt complete the tmog set for Castle. 100+ KILLS! Im so glad they didnt add tier in that raid. The power gap between the lucky and unlucky would be HUGE!

What "old loot system"? can you elaborate?

I dont want an upgrade from every boss drop, they could have kept titan forging in that case. I do however want upgrades after 8 heroic boss kills minium weekly and a few mythic 10+ thrown in every now and then 213 seems very reasonable as heroic gives 214 max excluding the last boss. It doesnt cause i lvl inflation as I havent even hit close to max. Im only 207. Also max ilvl is mythic which was at the time 226 hard cap. There cant be inflation with no higher ilvl than that.
    There is no real scarcity though, they pretty much reverted the raid loot drop changes and with the way the weekly chest works you are guaranteed good pieces early on, the way gearing works right now is more deterministic than the last 7~ years?
    Last edited by Caprias; 2021-11-05 at 08:54 AM.

I haven't really noticed much of a difference in loot dropping less. I mean end of a m+ dungeon you get 2-3 pieces of loot for a 5-man group which seems in line with how it was in BFA/Legion? Whenever we kill a raid boss there seems to be loot for like 5 people out of 20 which also feels fairly standard to how it used to be. Sure we don't get bonus rolls anymore but on the flip side the weekly vault is a big improvement over the weekly chest. Sure, you still get screwed over some weeks when you get 3 helm options or something and it's the one slot you don't need, but overall I'd say that at least giving us choice is better than no choice. I do think they could have given us the option to reroll our vault options once or something if it does turn out very unlucky.

My only real complaint about loot is how useless some of it feels like reputation rewards and also the time gate of upgrading your valor gear. IMO the issue here is that if I'm gearing an alt for example, there's a bigger chance that by the time I hit Exalted or get 2k m+ rating, I'm already overgearing what those things will unlock for me. If it's from exalted with a reputation and it's only one slot, couldn't the vendor have offered something close to ilvl cap? Personally I think it would be neat, kinda like how back in TBC you'd look at someone's armory and the sources of their gear and be like "Oh neat, shoulders is a reputation item, chest is a dungeon drop".

- - - Updated - - -

THANK YOU! Some of these people really dont comprehend what is being said.
    That's what happens when you make your post vague.

The loot system is fine as it is.

This is the major flaw most mmorpgs have: if there’s no gear progression, playing feels useless because the game(s) does not offer anything else but improving the gear.

This ties into all the posts of "i never got my domination socket gear" - new players dont seem to get how loot works in current wow.

You are NOT supposed to get all the loot you want playing SOLO. You get majority of your high-end upgrades by playing with OTHERS who will TRADE you the piece you want.

Loot is fine.

Next question.

Quote Originally Posted by iinverse View Post
    Old loot system is 2 pieces for 40-ppl?
    No need to be obtuse

Fairly sure they mean the loot system that was ingame the update before shadowlands.

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

dont think so . you are playing the game wrong . in 2 weeks i got my freshly dinged char from 120 itlv when dinging 60 to 230+

gearing is very nice and smooth atm - ofc if you know what you are doing and are good player

if i had free week my char would be 246 + this week not 230 + since they removed vp cap :0 but since i gotta work it will get there in 3-4 weeks

Me and my whole raid is *significantly* overgeared by the time we do bosses, every single raid tier, every single expansion ever since Legion

So not sure what you are talking about. Which loot system are you even arguing for? Classic had 2-3 pieces for 40 people.
    Now we have like thrice the amount on top of a weekly guarantee in M+ that has mythic raid quality.

And you are *guaranteed raid loot* every week as well and you can choose between at least 2 pieces every week. Nothing of that has been the case in the past.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-11-05 at 09:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    And you are *guaranteed raid loot* every week as well and you can choose between at least 2 pieces every week. Nothing of that has been the case in the past.
    That's not quite true - in many past expansions you could buy raid loot with currency earned in raids and high-end 5-mans. Also, in some expansions PvP gear was decent for raiding (usually not the best, but adequate until you got drops from the raids), and was farmable, albeit with a fairly severe time gate early in a tier. For quite a few tiers in quite a few expansions I spent most of my time raiding with an arena weapon due to terrible luck with weapon drops in raids.

Then there were the expansions where crafted gear was decent entry-level gear. And in WoD crafted gear was an important component in keeping gear upgraded because you could, with sufficient investment, get the stats you wanted on it and you could equip it in whichever three slots you most needed it in. I loved that aspect of WoD's crafting - it kept it relevant over the whole expansion.