I hope the NFL can actually levy some punishment that hurts more than a monetary fine. I'd love to see Rodgers suspended multiple games for this bullshit. I don't care who it is and what team they are on. This is not the same thing as following the rules for football, this is something that is killing people and he is a fucking moron for putting others at risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    I hope the NFL can actually levy some punishment that hurts more than a monetary fine. I'd love to see Rodgers suspended multiple games for this bullshit. I don't care who it is and what team they are on. This is not the same thing as following the rules for football, this is something that is killing people and he is a fucking moron for putting others at risk.
    I mean, people are unvaccinated and playing and doing the same things he is, so would they get fined too?

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I mean, people are unvaccinated and playing and doing the same things he is, so would they get fined too?
    I really wish that was the case, but the others that are not vaccinated have been known the whole year and have been following protocols. If it comes out Rodgers ducked any protocols by this bullshit remedy he tried to use then I hope they throw the book at him.

Interesting how people are more outraged over a player's lack of vax than the fatal dui car wreck.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

I really wish that was the case, but the others that are not vaccinated have been known the whole year and have been following protocols. If it comes out Rodgers ducked any protocols by this bullshit remedy he tried to use then I hope they throw the book at him.
    Someone else brought up Cole Beasley doing the same things Rodgers has done, and he is very unvaxxed, I don't know. Treat him the same as someone who is unvaxxed. The League and GB knew he wasn't, hopefully they didn't allow it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post
    Interesting how people are more outraged over a player's lack of vax than the fatal dui car wreck.
    That one is pretty cut and dry... no one is going to say much except RIP to the victim.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's not really much more to discuss than what was said, unless you want to go into the witness accounts of her final moments. But personally I'm trying to not horrify people with every gruesome detail.

Don't drink and drive, don't speed like a fucking lunatic and don't own weapons illegally and keep them lying around loaded.

- - - Updated - - -

As to the Rogers situation, the Raiders were fined and threatened with a loss of draft picks last season for less than this.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Believe me, the fatal dui is not being ignored. 40 years isn't enough punishment for someone who did such a horrible thing. But what else is there to say? It is very cut and dry here, person got drunk drove at a stupidly ridiculous speed and killed someone. Penalize this person to the maximum the law allows in that state.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Someone else brought up Cole Beasley doing the same things Rodgers has done, and he is very unvaxxed, I don't know. Treat him the same as someone who is unvaxxed. The League and GB knew he wasn't, hopefully they didn't allow it.
    If Rodgers has followed all the protocols for an unvaxxed person then there is really not much punishment they can do but if he broke protocols while being unvaxxed I have zero sympathy and want harsh harsh punishment for putting lives at risk.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Don't drink and drive, don't speed like a fucking lunatic and don't own weapons illegally and keep them lying around loaded.
    It does raise a question of why we need vehicles to hit such ludicrous speeds. But that is a debate not worth having in a sports thread.

That's really a reflection of the players' widely different levels of recognition. If Rodgers had killed a person with a dui car wreck, people would be more interested in that. If it came out that Ruggs was unvaccinated, no one would really care because very few know who he is.

15+ Year Old Account
    The second and third string qbs are making the jets offense look decent to good. And the third string guy has some of the ugliest throws I’ve seen.

- - - Updated - - -

Gee I wonder why you would make such a comparison

- - - Updated - - -

Kinda back to not knowing what a catch is, but it feels like it’s leaning more on the correct side of the fence than in the past with stuff like the dez Bryant moment. Or the patriots knocking the ball out of a ravens grasp in the end zone.

I guess they got rid of having to maintain possession while going to the ground? There was a completion where an Indy player got a knee down while stretching out after grabbing the ball, but it clearly moved while he was still sliding out of bounds. Even in real time the Indy score at the half seemed like a td to me though.
    Last edited by ProphetFlume; 2021-11-05 at 01:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    The second and third string qbs are making the jets offense look decent to good. And the third string guy has some of the ugliest throws I’ve seen.
    Mike White playing well I can forgive, backup QBs are good all the time in the NFL, but the third stringer keeping the Jets respectable is a true indictment of Zach Wilson.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Another scorigami this week

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Mike White playing well I can forgive, backup QBs are good all the time in the NFL, but the third stringer keeping the Jets respectable is a true indictment of Zach Wilson.
    Idk anything about his college career but I wonder how much of it is being in nyc. He seems like he really needed to be protected from and crate trained for the city.
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as you're policing outrage could you let me know the word count needed for the subject? I wouldn't want to be under and get fined.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Believe me, the fatal dui is not being ignored. 40 years isn't enough punishment for someone who did such a horrible thing. But what else is there to say? It is very cut and dry here, person got drunk drove at a stupidly ridiculous speed and killed someone. Penalize this person to the maximum the law allows in that state.
    With all the other surrounding charges, pertaining to the gun, his speeding and harm to his gf, he's looking at much longer than 40 years.

There's people thinking he'll get the minimum and be in the league again in five years. There's not a chance in hell he'll be back in any professional league, and if he's out this side of sixty I'll be amazed.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    There's people thinking he'll get the minimum and be in the league again in five years. There's not a chance in hell he'll be back in any professional league, and if he's out this side of sixty I'll be amazed.
    I don’t think he’ll be getting dozens of years but it took forever for people to ease up on Vick, with some never forgiving him, so he’s beyond done in the league. The woman and dog in the car were burned alive screaming in pain and there might be audio of it and that’s a detail no one’s forgetting. 60 years though? You have to be a school shooting mass murderer to get that in America, and even then… But now that it’s come out the woman was white I’ve seen a real escalation in how hard people are screaming for death penalty or life in prison, so he could get max.
    Last edited by ProphetFlume; 2021-11-05 at 03:22 PM.

Ruggs is a fucking dumbass. He’s a rich, professional athlete he probably could have arranged to ride with a professional race car driver on a race track if wanted to go 150-200 mph. Hopefully they throw the book at him. I’m sure the drinking went into that decision, but still. I’ve been super fucking drunk and had the consciousness to move myself in front of a toilet.
    Last edited by muto; 2021-11-05 at 03:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aaron Rodgers live and direct on the Pat McAfee show digging his own grave deeper and deeper. Some absolutely bananas statements.

10+ Year Old Account
    "I'm not an anti vaxxer"

*spews tons of anti vax rhetoric*

And consulted with Joe Rogan after testing positive.

10+ Year Old Account
    As much as I don't like being goaded into subjects I'm uncomfortable with by dwightyo39's jackassery, I suppose I do have a little to say. There are two reasons why I'm loathe to discuss it.

First,
    This was the information age on full display. The crash happened Tuesday morning and we had every question answered that same day. Speeding? Yes, 156mph, 127 when the airbags deployed (ain't technology wonderful?). DUI? Yes, double the legal limit. Charges filed? And how! He killed a woman and her dog, he was drunk, speeding, had a loaded unregistered gun in his car, and an injured passenger, they're throwing multiple books at him. What will the Raiders do? Release him immediately. All this happened in one day, doesn't leave much to discuss, Monday he was a 22 year old millionaire athlete with his whole life ahead of him, Tuesday he was in a cell and it was all gone. Wednesday he posted bail because our justice system is a joke, but that is heavy shit I don't really want to get into here which leads to my next point...

Second,
    This is real shit, most of us have had our lives affected by drunk drivers. I've been in accidents caused by drunk drivers, I've lost family members to drunk drivers. It's not really what I come to the NFL thread on a video game forum to discuss. I have family in Vegas, it could've happened to one of them, our car is a RAV4, now I know that if somebody hits it at 120mph it will explode and cook me alive inside it, cheery stuff, please go on about how unconcerned I am. This shit is depressing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    "I'm not an anti vaxxer"

*spews tons of anti vax rhetoric*

And consulted with Joe Rogan after testing positive.
    Anti vax stuff is heavy enough too, on the lighter side, maybe he'll lose endorsements and some inane commercials will get pulled.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Anti vax stuff is heavy enough too, on the lighter side, maybe he'll lose endorsements and some inane commercials will get pulled.
    Pretty sure State Farm is trying to get a hold of his agent right now. But they probably have to get in line with all the other people who want to chat to his agent about current events. xD

Not sure why his agent didn't hire some kind of company that deals with crisis and had them help Rodgers not do whatever the fuck it was he just did and gotten his message out in a better way.

(not that that would have improved his message or his actual feelings and thoughts).