Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Guys... honest question about the patch

Hello everyone, I am an altaholic.

I quit right after renown 40 and never looked back cuz leveling was just terrible.
    I must ask you, its easier to level now, for real?
    Is Korthia really worth something now with all 9.1.5 changes?

Should i stay away? I kinda want to get renown 80 but the game was so horrible before 9.1.5

What you guys think? What can you guys tell me based on the tests?

thank you very much

Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post

I quit right after renown 40 and never looked back cuz leveling was just terrible.

Should i stay away? I kinda want to get renown 80 but the game was so horrible before 9.1.5

thank you very much
    If you didn’t like it before you quit you probably won’t like it now.
    The changes are nice. They’ve added some QoL improvements.
    If you’re geared to run layer 9 Torghast quickly then getting Renown is very quick and simple with good RNG.
    Once you hit Renown 80 you can freely swap Covenants with no cooldown.
    That said, the base game is the same and nothing has probably changed enough to where you’re suddenly going to 180 and enjoy it.
    Personally, I still enjoy playing and, while I don’t like all the systems in game, I like the main points of the game and have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    If you didn’t like it before you quit you probably won’t like it now.
    The changes are nice. They’ve added some QoL improvements.
    If you’re geared to run layer 9 Torghast quickly then getting Renown is very quick and simple with good RNG.
    Once you hit Renown 80 you can freely swap Covenants with no cooldown.
    That said, the base game is the same and nothing has probably changed enough to where you’re suddenly going to 180 and enjoy it.
    Personally, I still enjoy playing and, while I don’t like all the systems in game, I like the main points of the game and have fun.
    i just want to level the rest of my characters... is that better?

thank you very much
    Game hasn't changed.

i just want to level the rest of my characters... is that better?
    Leveling has always been fast. Just spam random dungeons while questing. Even faster as a tank/healer.
    You can also buy (with gold) an item to let your character have renown 40 at level 50 to earn some while you level and have the player power. TBH, I don’t know if you have to have a level capped/renown 80 character to buy it.
    So yes, it’s faster, and it’s easy. I can’t guarantee you will enjoy it if you didn’t find the game fun before you left as the changes are mainly QoL improvements.

Leveling has always been fast. Just spam random dungeons while questing. Even faster as a tank/healer.
    You can also buy (with gold) an item to let your character have renown 40 at level 50 to earn some while you level and have the player power. TBH, I don’t know if you have to have a level capped/renown 80 character to buy it.
    So yes, it’s faster, and it’s easy. I can’t guarantee you will enjoy it if you didn’t find the game fun before you left as the changes are mainly QoL improvements.
    is it better to level in the main story or threads of fate?

thank you very much
    Korthia hasn't really changed.

Levelling with Threads of Fate seems a lot easier, especially if you're okay with doing a Torghast run each day while levelling, which will be a nicer experience with some classes than others (it's not tuned to be hard, but some classes have much more fun in there than others due to some seriously poor and/or anima powers for some classes).

is it better to level in the main story or threads of fate?
    Threads of Fate.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalisandra View Post
    Korthia hasn't really changed.

Levelling with Threads of Fate seems a lot easier, especially if you're okay with doing a Torghast run each day while levelling, which will be a nicer experience with some classes than others (it's not tuned to be hard, but some classes have much more fun in there than others due to some seriously poor and/or anima powers for some classes).
    Is the XP good enough?

- - - Updated - - -

Threads of Fate.
    XP good now?

Threads seems pretty good now. The bonus objectives are reasonably fast to complete, that's the main change. Before the optimal path was to completely skip them, now you add them in and they make a real difference.

There was a patch?
    Damn.
    Anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    It's a Horde symbol but the middle part can also be called the "Eye" of the zone (AZSHARA), it's a play on words
    No, it is happening. The zone changed, it belongs to the Goblins now and is their home. Hearthstone is having a mechanical themed expansion soon, November's cardback is Goblin influenced and revealed concept art shows Goblin machinery. It's a HS expansion, sorry.

Is the XP good enough?
    The XP from a Torghast run and the associated daily quest seems decent for the time spent. Extra runs beyond that don't seem to be. So do the daily, do the bonus XP areas and any quick handy dailies, and run dungeons as before. It'll be faster and a lot less boring than just chain running dungeons. I don't think you can quite make it from 50 to 60 just one the bonus XP and a couple of days of Torghast, but it looks to be reasonably close.

Oh, and if you've an end-game character you can have them buy a renown token that gives your alt 40 renown immediately, so the extra renown they earn as they level goes on top of that. If you do this they'll be somewhere around 60 renown when they hit 60 from what I'm seeing.

Levelling now feels like 1) it's the last patch of an expansion and they've given up keeping a lid on things, and 2) like it should've been all along. You still can't build your covenant stuff before 60, but you accumulate a lot more anima (which you don't need to keep in your bags), you level fast, and when you hit 60 you can get into the gear catchup right away. The Korthia tokens are now by-location (but no necklace, and don't buy the 'ring & trinket' token expecting a trinket), starting at ilevel 200, so your main can spend all that spare stigyia on them and send a set to the new alt, leaving the alt with 'only' the research grind to upgrade them (or don't bother and gear up in mythic, m+ instead).

Now 'all' they need to do is fix the rest of the game...
    Last edited by Kalisandra; 2021-11-06 at 04:49 AM.

thank you very much
    Don't level with torghast.
    If leveling a healer/tank go threads of fate > dungeon spam.
    If leveling a dps go main story > quest.
    ^ This is for efficiency, do what you want for fun ***

Korthia is like a milion times better. In 2-3 hours I was rep tier 4 12k research on the first day I was there on a new toon. The bonuses at tier 2/4 are nuts for research plus the boa rep increase.

Renown is a complete joke, went from 40-72 in 2 days with all conduits at 226. (the 226 conduits upgrades are fucking luanched at you from every direction in korthia now, was there for 30 mins today and got 5 of them.)

thank you very much
    i'll say right now that i haven't played for 10 months now though i still follow wow news. i don't believe leveling is any easier than before. they just made some things skippable like the maw intro. i have no experience when it comes to korthia but from what i understand it's just a zone filled with rares to farm. nothing special. i'd wait for something substantial that you want to play without question and then do the boring stuff like korthia when you can breeze through it with higher ilvl gear/higher level.

Thanks for all the insights guys. I think I will hold on until I see what 9.2 will be.

Unless switching covenants on your alts was something you really wanted to do all the time, I just don't see how the patch would improve your situation.

Also if you want to check it out, wait another 2-3 weeks, so you can do it during the time-walking event, as that is pretty much the only content the patch added and it won't start before december.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

thank you very much
    Leveling hasn't changed. Still boring.
    Renown catch-up system should allow you to get 80 fast. At least I was able to get 40 just via doing 9.0 campaign.
    Korthia/Maw hasn't changed. Still terrible and isn't worth doing.

I'm still unsubbed.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Leveling hasn't changed. Still boring.
    Renown catch-up system should allow you to get 80 fast. At least I was able to get 40 just via doing 9.0 campaign.
    Korthia/Maw hasn't changed. Still terrible and isn't worth doing.

I'm still unsubbed.
    How do people are unsubbed and apparently can't read make claims like "korthia" hasn't changed?

You are also the person that doesn't do anything because any mob above level 5 is too hard for you at 60.

Korthia went from grindy to rep and research and conduit upgrades thrown at you. Literally just dumped on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerrona View Post
    How do people are unsubbed and apparently can't read make claims like "korthia" hasn't changed?

You are also the person that doesn't do anything because any mob above level 5 is too hard for you at 60.

Korthia went from grindy to rep and research and conduit upgrades thrown at you. Literally just dumped on you.
    Unsubbed =/= not playing at all. Last time, when I played this game - was two months ago. I tested Korthia and it was crap, as I expected. And I'm experienced enough player to say, if content is good or bad, even without playing it. Because I have 6 bad xpacks under my belt. All of them were that "It's them best xpack ever made - all problems are fixed, we don't care about your feedback, as we know better, what you need, you just think you do, but you don't". And "You have to waste $15 to make your opinion valid" - is way too cheap bait to be viable in current situation. And also. SL - is exact xpack, where I've already gave in to this bait once. At it's release. There is no way, I would repeat this mistake again.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Unsubbed =/= not playing at all. Last time, when I played this game - was two months ago. I tested Korthia and it was crap, as I expected. And I'm experienced enough player to say, if content is good or bad, even without playing it. Because I have 6 bad xpacks under my belt. All of them were that "It's them best xpack ever made - all problems are fixed, we don't care about your feedback, as we know better, what you need, you just think you do, but you don't". And "You have to waste $15 to make your opinion valid" - is way too cheap bait to be viable in current situation. And also. SL - is exact xpack, where I've already gave in to this bait once. At it's release. There is no way, I would repeat this mistake again.
    So you know nothing of 9.1.5 got it.