Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BigToast View Post
    Seems like very non-productive, but typical mmo-c poster, feedback.
    They're asking for free labor to make up for all the layoffs that they didn't need to do. People lost their jobs so they could report higher earnings to investors, basically so people like Ion can keep his job. Screw them and their game. Thats how I feel about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yutilk View Post
    If anyone gets in, could you please push for new specs not new classes...
    Why? Classes feel like exciting new gameplay for me. They can make a new class using just the abilities removed from all the others over the year and it'd still feel better than my same old character honestly.

Maybe if the new specs were stupidly radically different from one another like a dual-shield warrior or ranged rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by marcusblood View Post
    Yes everyone, it's that kind of thread where you get to write a bunch of pretentious crap about yourself.

I have already applied. But here's why I should be on the council:

I started WoW in 2008 as many of my RL friends were just bananas over WoW. I always thought WoW and MMOs were for losers (I only played sports/FPS games on console previously). My experience and enjoyment from WoW comes from the community aspect of the game, IE: guilds and close-knit groups.

I ran two guilds from November 2013 until September 2017. The latter being a 3 year tenure that produced one of the greatest communities ever, Legends Anonymous.

I found that having consistent groups to play with provided a much more enjoyable experience. Thus, I would push for features that make it easier for consistent groups to thrive.

Examples are easy catchup gear for alts/new players such as the systems in Wrath/Cata with dungeons providing raid equivalent gear as well as valor point gear. No matter how consistent a group is, there will be holes. So I would push to have features to allow groups to fill holes easier.

This is just the tip of the iceberg, but this where my perspective is and how I would begin to apply it.

Ok, your turn.
    Almost no one should be on the council because by definition any one who would want to do that is unrepresentative. They'd have to be overly engaged and overly sympathetic to Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gonna end up being a group of yes-men and bliz apologists because thats really the demographic of people still around and posting with regularity. I'm sure it will be very productive.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    why should I? because for me wow is the biggest happiest core memory of my life itself, i love it so much that i can't even imagine life without it, i'm hopelessly addicted to it
    I'm willing to do anything to make wow better, that's a fact, wow for me is my life, i pay for it and will continue to pay for it forever

- - - Updated - - -

did u hear about LoL? or for that matter any competitive game?
    heck even dota makes wow community the most honest shiny example of an internet user
    I said MMOC community, not the wow community.

I didn't apply because I wouldn't get picked. I think my ideas are pretty solid, but would also be fairly polarizing to a lot of players, and probably not be financially beneficial for Activision.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes everyone, it's that kind of thread where you get to write a bunch of pretentious crap about yourself.

I started WoW in 2008 as many of my RL friends were just bananas over WoW. I always thought WoW and MMOs were for losers (I only played sports/FPS games on console previously). My experience and enjoyment from WoW comes from the community aspect of the game, IE: guilds and close-knit groups.

I ran two guilds from November 2013 until September 2017. The latter being a 3 year tenure that produced one of the greatest communities ever, Legends Anonymous.

I found that having consistent groups to play with provided a much more enjoyable experience. Thus, I would push for features that make it easier for consistent groups to thrive.

Examples are easy catchup gear for alts/new players such as the systems in Wrath/Cata with dungeons providing raid equivalent gear as well as valor point gear. No matter how consistent a group is, there will be holes. So I would push to have features to allow groups to fill holes easier.

This is just the tip of the iceberg, but this where my perspective is and how I would begin to apply it.

Ok, your turn.
    You didn't really list a single thing that would qualify you for what the council is all about. You're not even going to be pushing for any changes. This community leader system has been in place in different forms for a long time, and the developers don't give a shit about what they have to say.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    I didn't apply because I wouldn't get picked. I think my ideas are pretty solid, but would also be fairly polarizing to a lot of players, and probably not be financially beneficial for Activision.
    How can your ideas be "solid" if they would be polarizing and not profitable?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    How can your ideas be "solid" if they would be polarizing and not profitable?
    Because good and popular aren't one in the same.

Because good and popular aren't one in the same.
    The only "good" ideas are those that will make the game make more money.
    This isn't a council that is made for your, mine or anybody else's sake. It is a council that is made so Blizzard can make more money.

You only exist to give Blizzard money. Blizzard only exists in order to make a product that you find worth the price.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, given the direction in which Blizzard is sailing towards, I can understand them wanting to increase their bubble with a bunch Yes men folks.

Ok, your turn.
    Thank you for letting us know why you shouldn't be on the council.

I personally don't think folks should take this idea seriously. They're not going to honor it, especially not with the way they're advertising it. It is simply a way for them to go look, the people in the council said this is what you wanted. Then the rest of the player base, who does not agree with the council, will still be mad, just like they are now.

If they were genuinely serious about this type of idea, they would ask the players themselves through surveys. Like they do for the higher-end players in Diablo 3, and Overwatch. From there, award game time, or in-game cosmetics, something that way they know their time is valuable, and so the player takes it seriously.

I have been lucky enough to get NDA emails from Blizzard in regards to Diablo 3 for years, I don't disclose what they talk about, but we're allowed to mention they exist. Which MMO-C has already posted about them in the past anyway. I still think it is the perfect way to do it, otherwise, this "council" is going to turn into another echo chamber for streamers and elitist jerks, which honestly, is what I think Blizzard wants anyway.

I view myself as a casual player, who at times, can be hardcore. I've hit 2400+ in the arena, but never good enough to get a glad title, I've done CE, but not consistently, have been 3500+ on raider.io a few times, but only when I care. I would not be the player someone would want on a council. But the reality is, someone who has NEVER done any of those things, shouldn't be either. One person can't speak for another, you need loads of replies/data to decide what to do. Not a small council who will in the end, most likely feed off each other, and gain some sort of "superiority" over the common/casual player.

Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    The only "good" ideas are those that will make the game make more money.
    Cool. Is putting mythic gear on the cash shop a good idea? It will absolutely make them more money.

I get what you're saying, but looking for means first and foremost to increase profit margins is tripping right out of the gate.
    Last edited by melodramocracy; 2021-11-08 at 08:37 PM.

I'm not subbed anymore so can't be on the council, but the thread idea is cool so here what i'd write about if i were there:

Grinds should be excuses to play parts of the game you love. Raids and m+ shouldn't require a ton of outdoor dailies or Torghast or whatever grind the next expansion might have. Arenas and BGs too should be very easy to get into (i heard base conquest gear is 230 ilvl in the newest patch, which is actually a good step).

Outdoor content should be fun, meaningful, a tiny bit challenging at times so you actually feel like you're playing (though not overtly so, theres group content for that). It should have its own fun goals for collectors and soloers, like slower but steady ways to aquire good gear, mounts, fun expansion-related features like the venthyr court and kyrian vehicle combat, etc.

Outdoor zones should be more alongside Thundering Isle, with ton of fun goals and interesting mobs, and less like bland Korthia.

Class design in pvp should have burst, but not be so exclusively dependant on it like what we have with Covenant cds now. Actual rot compositions like Legion affliction and spriests should exist, where the healer simply can't keep up over time, not due to stalling out dampening, and the variety between those and burst created some of the funnest pvp metas we had in Legion.

I have more, but i think its a good start. Thumps up for thread idea.

7+ Year Old Account
    Im from Latin America, so if they don't invite me they are automatically bigots
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

To make the council more transparent, they should bring back the official forums feature to show the real ID of all posters so nobody can hide.

Cool. Is putting mythic gear on the cash shop a good idea? It will absolutely make them more money.

I get what you're saying, but looking for means first and foremost to increase profit margins is tripping right out of the gate.
    Wouldn't this idea destroy the boosting scene which would then have an impact on token sales as well as having a massive knock on to the whole raiding community therefore I'm not convinced that the sales would end up making them more money.

Because I would demand they make a hero class/race: The murloc swarm.

Played for 15 years and quit. If they want back the people who left, those are the people to talk to.

But they don't want to, because they're rather have toadies repeat their own opinions back to them, and then blame them when more players run for the hills.