Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardRoe View Post
    I would assume the expansion will end with Sylvanas sacrificing herself "for the greater good", either literally or by staying behind in Shadowlands doing something important.
    Thinking about it, her becoming the Arbiter/the Jailer would NOT BE BAD.

Because, by far, in the grand scheme, she was mostly serving herself even since the Jailer saved her from that Icecrown jump and took hold of her using her fear of being unfairly doomed to an eternal damnation in the Maw for something that (unknown to her) HE HIMSELF had essentially caused. Pretty sure that Sylvanas that pulled everything that she did in BFA would NOT agree to that as it would essentially put her in prison, where she has to do what she MUST instead of what she WANTS (it was shown numerously that it's essentially her trigger button). If re-gaining the WHOLE soul with Uther meant anything, it would make her realize how selfish her actions were in the end and decides to do something she wouldn't after her deal with Jailer - sacrifice HER freedom for the sake of others.

Correct me if I'm wrong here somewhere.
    Last edited by Zers Editor; 2021-11-07 at 10:13 PM.

1) Still dead, but now in full ownership of her entire soul.
    2) Dark ranger and banshee powers remain, those gifted to her by the Jailer are removed.
    3) She will join the Alliance after being rescued by her sisters when Baine tries to kill her. Having snapped from the torture he suffered in Torghast he finally allows his anger to burst forth. It is when this happens that Alleria and Vereesa storm Oribos to rescue their sister who is being held and tortured by the vile Horde. They kill Baine and severely wound Thrall, taking Sylvanas with them back to Stormwind. There the trio of sisters take up the mantel of High Queens and lead the Alliance into the Fifth War to finally crush the Horde for all the terrible things they did to Sylvanas which turned her into the monster that caused so much pain. Redemption arc and none of her actions were her fault, they all rest solely with the Horde.
    4) Alliance themed former Warchief armor.
    Retail sucks. Classic sucks. No positivity, only negative feedback. Why is everybody so damn miserable? Must be somebody else's fault, it couldn't possibly be my INSANELY TOXIC ATTITUDE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vilememory View Post
    2) Dark ranger and banshee powers remain, those gifted to her by the Jailer are removed.
    3) She will join the Alliance after being rescued by her sisters when Baine tries to kill her. Having snapped from the torture he suffered in Torghast he finally allows his anger to burst forth. It is when this happens that Alleria and Vereesa storm Oribos to rescue their sister who is being held and tortured by the vile Horde. They kill Baine and severely wound Thrall, taking Sylvanas with them back to Stormwind. There the trio of sisters take up the mantel of High Queens and lead the Alliance into the Fifth War to finally crush the Horde for all the terrible things they did to Sylvanas which turned her into the monster that caused so much pain. Redemption arc and none of her actions were her fault, they all rest solely with the Horde.
    Well if I havent quit the game now this would definitely make me. Also how you see Horde / Alliance as factions is soooooo wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Crysis View Post
    Well if I havent quit the game now this would definitely make me. Also how you see Horde / Alliance as factions is soooooo wrong.
    But don't you see, everything is the Horde's fault. And finally the Alliance will do something instead of sitting around waiting for something to happen. And it is called 'War'craft, so there must always be a faction war! ALWAYS! SUFFER IN THE MADNESS MY SLEEP DEPRIVED BRAIN HAS REGURGITATED INTO THIS FORUM! Also we find out N'zoth is still alive and living in the hero's heads and that is why that beacon thing lets us go in and out of the Maw. And N'zoth is just hiding in us until he can escape and set up a little cottage in the Shadowlands to live out his days in peace. Painting his miniatures collection for the hit game Battlemace 42 Million.
    Retail sucks. Classic sucks. No positivity, only negative feedback. Why is everybody so damn miserable? Must be somebody else's fault, it couldn't possibly be my INSANELY TOXIC ATTITUDE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aedruid View Post
    Sylvanus was justified in doing everything she did. Tactical genius. She needs to remove all the softies from the Horde and bring it back to it's primal awesomeness.
    Some tactical genius, she failed miserably and got betrayed by the one she served. The only reason she ever got anywhere was because of his power and his manipulation of events.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    According to my sources Sylvanas won't be dying anytime soon and her apperance probably won't change.

What are my sources?
    Her nendoroid comes out in april 2022 batch and i doubt they would be releasing it if they were going to off her
    The novel about Arthas was released the same year he was killed, I don't understand why people still use this argument.

Damn... I am not sure if I love it or hate it.

Part of me don't want the lore to be butchered as much, but another would like to see the whole shit-storm if that happened.

You had me all the way up to the bolded part.
    "High queens" - they don't have the support for that... especially seeing how their species is in shambles... who would they really stand for?

I see them more like; returning to Azeroth, leading a fringe sub-faction of the alliance and causing a conflict, which reignites the war.
    Not much unlike Garrosh's Kor'kron... just alliance this time around.

Shell prolly be held prisoner for awhile.
    Then we conclude that she was bad because the jailor sort of mindcontrolled her. We Will use her inside knowledge to spoil the jailors plans.
    After that i think Shell become neutral, i dont ser her favoring Any side but to sympathise with both factions.

Quote Originally Posted by mojusk View Post
    Shell prolly be held prisoner for awhile.
    Then we conclude that she was bad because the jailor sort of mindcontrolled her. We Will use her inside knowledge to spoil the jailors plans.
    After that i think Shell become neutral, i dont ser her favoring Any side but to sympathise with both factions.
    Sylvanas died some time near the end of Legion.

hahahaahaha what makes you think there will be a new patch? I mean there will be, but i heard it comes out with overwatch 2.

Quote Originally Posted by blapdris View Post
    Sylvanas died some time near the end of Legion.
    You Mean her Lore got bad or?

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Damn... I am not sure if I love it or hate it.

Part of me don't want the lore to be butchered as much, but another would like to see the whole shit-storm if that happened.
    You love it, search your feelings. You know it to be true. The shit storm this would cause, would be... exquisite.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Let's hope so, while the facial expressions and VA direction are leagues ahead of the smarmy cartoon she was in most of BFA, the actual Maw outfit is aggressively boring and has no elements of her original design. Making a legendary out of some random bow she had in one patch is the nadir of that particular choice. Just put her back in her Legion to BFA outfit, recolour it if you really must.
    The maw design is strongly reminiscent of her vanilla wow design. But I feel this is indicative of them forgetting she had character development before WoW started.

Strip her of all her identity. Anything you liked about this character? It's gone now. The opposite of character development. 0/10 Shockingly bad but I wouldn't put it past Blizzard. They might love this idea.

1) Will she back to the living or not?
    Maybe, but probably not. Since how she died & was raised was identical to how Death Knights are made, that would mean making all DK characters alive again after the Jailer is destroyed.
    2) If not.... Has she lost her power (chains, Banshee mod) ?
    The Chains are a jailer thing, so she'll definitely lose that but I don't like how everyone insinuated she couldn't have taken Saurfang or Bolvar without those powers. She's a 1000 year old ranger who was promoted over Lor'themar. Bolvar is barely above a random jobber.
    2) Will she join to the alliance or remain imprisoned ?
    Her joining the Alliance makes even less sense than her rejoining the Horde. It only made sense for Alleria to turn her back on Silvermoon & join the Alliance based on preconceived hatred toward Trolls & Orcs. Sylvanas didn't even feel like fighting for the Alliance during the Second War. That being said if she repents I would be happy to see her become the faction leader for a forsaken elf allied race.
    3) If she join us , how she will be dressed..... rather not in her undead clothes and maw armour...? Are there any leaks, spoilers ?
    Her outfits were updated so frequently I have to imagine they intended the Mawsworn outfit to be her armor for a while. Especially if the other Mawsworn become free when the Jailer is killed. What bothers me is those blue eyes (Her eyes weren't even blue before. Her eyes were brown in the Warbringers video) when Red Eyes are the most defining feature of Dark Rangers: So I have to assume ALL Dark Rangers will lose them when the Jailer is destroyed. So much so that I'm hoping she reconciles her Pre-death self (Blue) & post death persona, the thing her fandom gravitated to (Red) so post shadowlands she has Red-Blue heterocromia eyes.

Although in a very Illidan way I expect her to become the new Arbiter (though certainly the Arbiter's soul is in the Maw somewhere? My Theroy was Venari was actually the Arbiter. In fact I think they'll bring it full circle & say it was Sylvanas' soul that bodied the Arbiter, after all it made a banshee sound when it hit her. Everyone guesses it was Argus because of the one post-legion npc in Bastion but that might be a red herring & he was saved after being sent to the maw like Alexandros was) meaning her character effectively gets retired: Or, she's going to be like Loki, a chaotic malicious character with a good heart allegedly, that people seem to love & WoW doesn't really have right now.
    Last edited by Ersula; 2021-11-09 at 02:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Red Eyes are the most defining feature of Dark Rangers: So I have to assume ALL Dark Rangers will lose them when the Jailer is destroyed. So much so that I'm hoping she reconciles her Pre-death self (Blue) & post death persona, the thing her fandom gravitated to (Red) so post shadowlands she has Red-Blue heterocromia eyes.
    The blue eyes are supposed to indicate regaining part of her soul broken off by Frostmourne/necromancy. Unless similar refunds go out (or Blizz just does it, consistency be damned), there's no reason for your assumption.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    The blue eyes are supposed to indicate regaining part of her soul broken off by Frostmourne/necromancy. Unless similar refunds go out (or Blizz just does it, consistency be damned), there's no reason for your assumption.
    Would the Primus get rid of the Jailer but not fix these loose ends? They treated people with soul wounds as being a big crisis.

10+ Year Old Account
    Players will shoot themselves if that happened lol.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zers Editor View Post
    Thinking about it, her becoming the Arbiter/the Jailer would NOT BE BAD.

Because, by far, in the grand scheme, she was mostly serving herself even since the Jailer saved her from that Icecrown jump and took hold of her using her fear of being unfairly doomed to an eternal damnation in the Maw for something that (unknown to her) HE HIMSELF had essentially caused. Pretty sure that Sylvanas that pulled everything that she did in BFA would NOT agree to that as it would essentially put her in prison, where she has to do what she MUST instead of what she WANTS (it was shown numerously that it's essentially her trigger button). If re-gaining the WHOLE soul with Uther meant anything, it would make her realize how selfish her actions were in the end and decides to do something she wouldn't after her deal with Jailer - sacrifice HER freedom for the sake of others.

Correct me if I'm wrong here somewhere.
    also she's had the Jailer's power, or should I say the Arbiter's power, inside her. Which means she could probably handle being the Arbiter due to that (I dunno). Maybe it comes down to her or Anduin and she chooses to stay behind and let Anduin go back to Azeroth

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    also she's had the Jailer's power, or should I say the Arbiter's power, inside her. Which means she could probably handle being the Arbiter due to that (I dunno). Maybe it comes down to her or Anduin and she chooses to stay behind and let Anduin go back to Azeroth
    If we go back to the Nine (With the introduction of the Shadowlands, it makes even less sense, but sure) Valkyr in Edge of Night: The explanation they gave from going from working for Arthas to Sylvanas was "Only someone who has seen light & darkness should rule over life & death"

Becoming the new arbiter would be a fitting, if not very meandering way to fulfil that prophesy.

Though because of covid there is so little fleshed out, there is so much we still don't know about what has been going on with Sylvanas. Like, clearly we know now he was lying, but did promise her the Arbiter's job in his new order? Or is this just the result of these story ideas being written decades apart?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    If we go back to the Nine (With the introduction of the Shadowlands, it makes even less sense, but sure) Valkyr in Edge of Night: The explanation they gave from going from working for Arthas to Sylvanas was "Only someone who has seen light & darkness should rule over life & death"

Becoming the new arbiter would be a fitting, if not very meandering way to fulfil that prophesy.

Though because of covid there is so little fleshed out, there is so much we still don't know about what has been going on with Sylvanas. Like, clearly we know now he was lying, but did promise her the Arbiter's job in his new order? Or is this just the result of these story ideas being written decades apart?
    maybe. they do write the story at least a couple of expansions ahead of time, so they have a pretty good idea of where they are going with the story. end of the day it is the perfect place for her; out of the way (just like Illidan) but can return if needed