Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Theangryone View Post
    Did they adjust threads at all in this patch? Prior to my taking a break I did both ways and went back to leveling through the story and then switching to threads at 58 or 9 when I outpaced them zones. Bonus objectives in threads gave shit xp for time invested in them, giving you no more than a normal quest did. In the time to knock out a bonus area you could have received 4 times the xp doing regular quests
    They vastly reduced the time it takes to do a bonus objective area. Unless you're doing your dungeon spam on a character that has no queue times for whatever reason, they are totally worth doing between dungeons if you're trying to be super-efficient.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    Hello everyone, I am an altaholic.

I quit right after renown 40 and never looked back cuz leveling was just terrible.
    I must ask you, its easier to level now, for real?
    Is Korthia really worth something now with all 9.1.5 changes?

Should i stay away? I kinda want to get renown 80 but the game was so horrible before 9.1.5

What you guys think? What can you guys tell me based on the tests?

thank you very much
    renown aside, I started levelling an alt from 48 to 60 the other day. let me tell you it is SO much easier going through threads of fate now. I distinctly remember how levelling was in 9.1 (it was a slog) with bonus objectives giving maybe 1 or 2% a kill towards the progress bar. they've boosted it immensely, now gives about 8% a kill. also the progress bar fills up a lot faster for the "Help the Faction"' quest which is really nice. actually made me want to level. also you get renown for doing the bonus objectives so yeah after getting the 40 boost I am now on 52 I think after doing bugger all

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    the question was about alt lvling... not alt lvling for characters that has been sitting and gathering rested exp for ages... i've lvled several characters after 9.1 with dungeon spam and it's not any quicker than before...
    But have you levelled one after 9.1.5 without dungeon spam and checked the difference in time? Have you checked the time per XP for the current Bonus Objectives quests? Have you timed a Torghast run vs the XP from it and the quests you get?

It's certainly not worth doing more than one Torghast run a day. On many classes even the daily quest isn't great (but it isn't bad), but that first run through, with two quests to do it - it's totally worth doing.

EDIT:

Okay, I did some dungeons and torghast and some bonus XP areas and checked times and XP. All XP was with rested XP throughout. I was on a L52 Arms Warrior that I haven't played since the first month of this expac, so I was a bit rusty.

One of the dungeon runs was Plagefall and we dodged just about all the trash, pulled only bosses, etc. with a L60 tank and healer. It was really good XP - 8 bubbles for 13 minutes, plus 4 minutes in the queue (as DPS, runs are popular right now). About one XP bubble every two minutes. The other runs were not so fast, averaging a little over 25 minutes including queue times, so about one bubble every 2.5 minutes - that's a bit better than a level an hour assuming you have some good runs. With guildies carrying your lowbie backside and just doing speed runs, two levels an hour would be possible.

Torghast got me five bubbles for the run, plus another five bubbles for the broker's quest, and took 20 minutes including loading screens, taking and handing in quests, etc. That's a bubble every two minutes - as good as a speed run through a dungeon. On some classes you could do better especially if you knew the anima powers already and didn't need to think about what to take (not that it'll matter too much - it's tuned pretty low).

The Bonus Objectives got me two bubbles each. Not much you say? Well, they took maybe 5 minutes each, including flying from one to the next. Which zone they're in, which ones they are, etc. will affect that, and once a zone is done and you have to move to another there'll be a time cost, but basically they're easily worth a level an hour, more if you're quick. Oh, and they count to the 'aid covenant X' meta-quest, so there's more XP there if you fill that out by doing some dailies and murderising some rares, etc.

TL;DR - dungeon runs are good, but they are only 'best' if you have a solid group and do optimised boss-only speed runs. Otherwise they're no better than Bonus Objectives and that first Torghast run, and probably no better than the Torghast daily. So if chain spamming dungeons is not to your taste, don't worry as you're not missing out on much, if any, XP/hour.
    Last edited by Kalisandra; 2021-11-08 at 09:48 AM.

Could we have some more clarification on bonus objectives. Several posters make vague comments about how they are faster. One poster says you get 8 times as much towards bar completion as before. Others say it hasn't changed, and the post above this one seems to describe the pre-9.1.5 state of affairs.

I didn't notice much difference personally. I mean, it seemed slightly faster but that could simply be because I expected it to be faster. Has any one got hard numbers on this or could link to a Blizzard source?

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    6 bad expacs? Why you even still play or post here everyday if you think this game is bad? Just go find a game that you think isn't bad, holy shit.
    "Bad" - is relative term. Something like "worse than previous xpack, so even more players quit". And yeah. While sometimes it was hard for me to quit Wow, I wasn't playing this game, when I didn't enjoy it.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    "Bad" - is relative term. Something like "worse than previous xpack, so even more players quit". And yeah. While sometimes it was hard for me to quit Wow, I wasn't playing this game, when I didn't enjoy it.
    So if the game has been bad for 6 xpacs, so for longer period than you thought it was good, then why are you still around, reading and posting about it everyday? It's clearly not for you, do you enjoy complaining about it so much it has become your actual hobby?

This is so twisted man, maybe it's time to revaluate what you want to do with your life, surely there are better ways to spend your time than bitching about the game you 1. Think is bad. 2. Don't even play.

There are games I loved to play but changed in a way I don't enjoy anymore (hots, lol for example) and I completely moved on, don't visit their fan pages anymore and only read about them when I stumble upon them accidentally. I hope you too can eventually move on and stop being such a sour person. For your own sake.

Spamming dungeons may well be the fastest way to level. That isn't what the OP asked about, though.

Also it's false to say that anyone who cares about speed will pick the fastest method. Even if dungeon spamming was, say, 20% faster than threads bonus objectives and such, I'd still prefer them for the variety.

Anyway, leveling from 50-60 is in a pretty good place right now. If you start with full rest, do all the bonus objectives, and do the dungeon and Torghast quests, you hit 60 pretty quick. That said if you're looking to level up a bunch of alts wait until next week for the 17% anniversary XP buff.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2021-11-08 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Spamming dungeons may well be the fastest way to level. That isn't what the OP asked about, though.

Also it's false to say that anyone who cares about speed will pick the fastest method. Even if dungeon spamming was, say, 20% faster than threads bonus objectives and such, I'd still prefer them for the variety.

Anyway, leveling from 50-60 is in a pretty good place right now. If you start with full rest, do all the bonus objectives, and do the dungeon and Torghast quests, you hit 60 pretty quick. That said if you're looking to level up a bunch of alts wait until next week for the 17% anniversary XP buff.
    ohhh theres the buff! you are right! thanks!

Yep next monday! I'm waiting on like 10 alts for that buff.

So if the game has been bad for 6 xpacs, so for longer period than you thought it was good, then why are you still around, reading and posting about it everyday? It's clearly not for you, do you enjoy complaining about it so much it has become your actual hobby?

This is so twisted man, maybe it's time to revaluate what you want to do with your life, surely there are better ways to spend your time than bitching about the game you 1. Think is bad. 2. Don't even play.

There are games I loved to play but changed in a way I don't enjoy anymore (hots, lol for example) and I completely moved on, don't visit their fan pages anymore and only read about them when I stumble upon them accidentally. I hope you too can eventually move on and stop being such a sour person. For your own sake.
    So many people need to take this advice and get over their ex-girlfriend
    A better way to think about Casual v Hardcore: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...asual-Hardcore

Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    There was a patch?
    Damn.
    Anyway
    lol !!! 10 chars

15+ Year Old Account
    Mostly because I'm lazy what were the QoL changes added? My sub expired a few weeks before 9.1.5 as I'd finally hit my 350 mount goal. Probably going to be working from home again soon so I generally sit on WoW while I do that on alts.

Korthia is not much fun, but its much, much easier to grind now. Especially if they dont fix the rift farming method.

Lvling is still slow through I guess. Honestly im just more dreading farming Anima for another 3 covenants. You only get like 3k anima doing 1 hour grind in Korthia.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

4.3, second halfs of WOD and Legion gave me some hope, that this game could be better. Otherwise I would have been unsubbed since 4.2. But now I don't play Wow. I've switched to D3 (because D2 is obsoleted and lacks even more features, than D3) and Steam games. But nobody can say, that one can't discuss football, because he don't play it.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

4.3, second halfs of WOD and Legion gave me some hope, that this game could be better. Otherwise I would have been unsubbed since 4.2. But now I don't play Wow. I've switched to D3 (because D2 is obsoleted and lacks even more features, than D3) and Steam games. But nobody can say, that one can't discuss football, because he don't play it.
    There is a difference between "discussing football" and complaining about it, claiming it's bad everyday, despite not playing it for years. This some toxic and unhealthy obsession.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    If you didn’t like it before you quit you probably won’t like it now.
    The changes are nice. They’ve added some QoL improvements.
    If you’re geared to run layer 9 Torghast quickly then getting Renown is very quick and simple with good RNG.
    Once you hit Renown 80 you can freely swap Covenants with no cooldown.
    That said, the base game is the same and nothing has probably changed enough to where you’re suddenly going to 180 and enjoy it.
    Personally, I still enjoy playing and, while I don’t like all the systems in game, I like the main points of the game and have fun.
    Change covenant is account bind or i need renown 80 in every char? I will go back 1 week before mage tower release, so...
    Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    This race is an abomination and atrocity. This race doesn't belong in World of Warcraft at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Got ganked by a Vulpera, huh?

But nobody can say, that one can't discuss football, because he don't play it.
    No, its more like those "good old NFL days" people who havent watched the NFL in the past 5+ years because of how bad the NFL is to them -- then proceed to follow every news source on the NFL and consistently post about the NFL is garbage even though they havent watched the product in years.

Quote Originally Posted by AstroPup View Post
    I just leveled someone and I can tell you bonus objectives from leveling are MUCH faster than they were and if you have the heirlooms you lose a lot less rested xp (which = faster leveling) I was dps so I'd queue for dungeons and do bonus objectives/elite quests while I waited. So I'd say yeah, its definitely faster. Plus my character was renown 62 when he hit cap so you also get oodles more renown while you level as well.
    thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I stumbled on this video and thought of this thread. I also forgot about the upcoming anniversary buff that will make those last couple allied races even more of a breeze!
    thank you too

There is a difference between "discussing football" and complaining about it, claiming it's bad everyday, despite not playing it for years. This some toxic and unhealthy obsession.
    May be because it is? Of course I return from time to time to test things, when I feel, that some positive changes are made. "Don't play" is too strong statement. It's more like "no continuous sub" or "not consuming 100% of patch content". But when after reading patch notes it's obvious, that no necessary positive changes are made, so I definitely wouldn't enjoy game - then, I think, I have right to say, that game is still bad, even without even trying it.

May be because it is? Of course I return from time to time to test things, when I feel, that some positive changes are made. "Don't play" is too strong statement. It's more like "no continuous sub" or "not consuming 100% of patch content". But when after reading patch notes it's obvious, that no necessary positive changes are made, so I definitely wouldn't enjoy game - then, I think, I have right to say, that game is still bad, even without even trying it.
    You have the right to say anything you want, it just means your opinion is basically void of any relevance to any discussion whatsoever about the game.

It's like saying how you used to like soccer back in the day when money wasn't involved as heavily as it is right now, so you stopped watching it.
    And now you want to talk with others about who is a good team or a good player.