Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    You're misremembering the image. https://images.app.goo.gl/p7UjKGZTXVW19eYy6
    While the intial version we saw looked like desert, Elysian Hold is covered in clouds and it isn't entirely clear if it actually has contact with the ground, and the expanded version made it clear we were looking at grasslands.
    Okay but still, theres no way you can get the perspective to look like that. Was the Elysian Hold being flown at half mast that day?

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Okay but still, theres no way you can get the perspective to look like that. Was the Elysian Hold being flown at half mast that day?
    Concept art is not 1:1. The concept artists take the ideas people have and then do a bunch of quick pieces to capture that visually so that there are things to take inspiration from when making the actual models, assets, etc. In early concepts, Bastion was more desert-y and the hold was in the clouds with the clouds being part of the land itself--like how "heaven" is often depicted.

--- snip ---
    Last edited by Aucald; 2021-11-10 at 12:24 AM. Reason: Removed Meme Image

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Concept art is not 1:1. The concept artists take the ideas people have and then do a bunch of quick pieces to capture that visually so that there are things to take inspiration from when making the actual models, assets, etc. In early concepts, Bastion was more desert-y and the hold was in the clouds with the clouds being part of the land itself--like how "heaven" is often depicted.
    It's not even that much more desert-y. The grass still looks roughly like that, as does the terrain.

Sooo, that new Murloc pet...

Flavor text for it is:
    New species of murloc are discovered around Azeroth all the time, owing to their invasive nature and varied diet.
    Clearly it ate the Jailer to become that color. /speculate

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post

Flavor text for it is:

Devourer Murloc?

In early concepts, Bastion was more desert-y and the hold was in the clouds with the clouds being part of the land itself--like how "heaven" is often depicted.
    I have no idea what concept art people got this desert idea from, but you can see other "holds" in the distant clouds of the Bastion and Spires of Ascension skyboxes.

I'm not sure how they'd even render something like that in-game in an area that players are interacting with...without melting everyone's graphics card.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2021-11-09 at 05:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I have no idea what concept art people got this desert idea from but you can see other "holds" in the distant clouds of the Bastion and Spires of Ascension skyboxes.

I'm not sure how they'd even render something like that in-game in an area that players are interacting with...without melting everyone's graphics card.

[IMG]snip[/IMG]
    That's...not a desert. It's pretty much your stereotypical "golden fields." Which is exactly what the zone looks like.

That's...not a desert. It's pretty much your stereotypical "golden fields." Which is exactly what the zone looks like.
    It looks Arabic inspired, and the fields do look very much like dunes of sand. Anyone that looked at that and immediately jumped to yellow grass would sound insane.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlands-is-fake View Post
    Shadowlands didn't "leak".

There were bullshit fanmade concepts long before the announcement (hence my forum name) such as that ghostly Stormwind harbour image, and then there were two images released right before the announcement - one of Bolvar and one of Bastion.

Until we have a clip and direct quote from Towellie, this new claim is nonsense. But I do want it to be true. Northrend for 9.2 and Azeroth revamp for 10.0 not only makes sense, it would be hype af.
    Yeee, nothing screams more hype like using old zones for daily activities like we had in 8.3
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    It looks Arabic inspired, and the fields do look very much like dunes of sand. Anyone that looked at that and immediately jumped to yellow grass would sound insane.

Insane, indeed. Those are some awfully fuzzy sand dunes. Or is the assumption that Blizzard's artists are just so incompetent that they accidentally drew grass when they meant to draw dirt.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2021-11-09 at 06:33 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlands-is-fake View Post
    In my opinion and in the opinion of millions of players who quit because they felt WoW was turning into something unrecognizable.
    Another guy who knows EXACTLY why all these people left.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2021-11-09 at 06:50 AM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/Pva2nTC.png[img]

[img]https://i.imgur.com/1XUMKjg.png[img]

Insane, indeed.
    Golden fields and grass obviously exists, but why would anyone immediately jump to that when dunes of sand seemed so much more likely is my point.

You look at that version of Elysian hold that seems straight from 1001 nights, the lack of trees or general vegetation on the actual plains, and your thought doesn't immediately spring to golden fields of grass. It jumps to Arabic nights inspired desert.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post

Flavor text for it is:

I really wonder why they didn't use the new baby murloc model. I hate it when they do that...

7+ Year Old Account
    This murloc seems like a thin lead. Old model with simple recolour? Wait, old model? World revamp confirmed!

Have y’all every asked why a Green Dragon was captured in Icecrown? Why Dragonblight has so many Green Dragons around?

Sholazar still exists. And who knows what’s deep under Icecrown Citadel? There you have plenty of lore and stuff for a 9.2 taking place in Northrend.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Oh, where was the promised announcement for 9.2 that I must have missed?
    The murloc is the announcement. You missed it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Have y’all every asked why a Green Dragon was captured in Icecrown? Why Dragonblight has so many Green Dragons around?

Sholazar still exists. And who knows what’s deep under Icecrown Citadel? There you have plenty of lore and stuff for a 9.2 taking place in Northrend.

Dragonblight has each dragon flight shrine there. Greens weren't overrepresented more than others. And every zone exists, nothing stops Blizz from adding to any zone lore right now.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2021-11-09 at 07:18 AM.