Thread: Genshin Impact

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    I mean, the first thing is you don't even have to unlock the island at all. You CAN sail there and get to the event spot, it's one of 2 locations not covered by the fog. I only talked about unlocking it through the quest because it takes 3 minutes rather than 10 minutes you'd spend sailing. So there's no need for any hand holding.
    It's absolutely not. You get turned back. I sailed from one side to the other looking for a way through, no dice. Always got turned back by fog. I even went to the edge of the red on the south side and approached from there, still fog, still turned back.

If you don't really play the game, then there's no reason to be complaining you need to spend a little time to get to an event spot.
    Events are literally the only fun thing to do in the game in addition to spiral abyss. The base gameplay loop of walking sim+weak enemies and child puzzles is boring as fuck.

They can't have all the events happen at the first statue in Mondstadt just because someone may feel left out.
    Nice lack of creativity on your part. They could just have you auto-teleported to an instanced version of the location or set up temporary walls around it to make sure you don't get to somewhere you're not supposed to, OR just not have entire zones locked out with dumb shit like fog. From day 1, you could b-line from monstadt to liyue if you wanted. That's how zones should be. Completely open to just randomly stroll into. You know, that whole "open world" concept.

15+ Year Old Account
    Was at kumoricon over the weekend and there were a ton of good cosplays. Some of them had really good weapons too. There was a hu tao with a 1:1 staff of homa

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Was at kumoricon over the weekend and there were a ton of good cosplays. Some of them had really good weapons too. There was a hu tao with a 1:1 staff of homa
    No pictures?
    Don't sweat the details!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    No pictures?
    I only take pictures of my cats

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    Events are literally the only fun thing to do in the game in addition to spiral abyss. The base gameplay loop of walking sim+weak enemies and child puzzles is boring as fuck.
    I don't know man... maybe we'd all be better off if you realized this isn't the game for you and quit?

As a casual player with no imbalanced/op team i found the enemies on the fog-isle more challenging than in prior content; especially those annoying wolves.

That's literally your opinion. Literally literally.

I share this opinion to at least some degree but it doesn't mean that it's anything more than that - an opinion.
    If you don't like this game and don't want to bother, maybe you just shouldn't.

I still have no idea how you had any trouble with that, so it probably means that you are actively looking for something and don't want to bother anymore.
    Why exaclty do you play it then?
    Since you are competitive and place like 100% of the importance and your fun into that aspect... it's not like you keep up with "us" who spend money anyway. So ...
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-11-08 at 07:26 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Character that good at melee combat, has power-up mask transformation and some kind skills for archery but in same time not good at it = yeah its Ichigo , pity that his VA wasted on Thoma instead of great Childe.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    If you don't like this game and don't want to bother, maybe you just shouldn't.
    My problem is I want to bother with only the things I want to bother with and absolutely 0 of what I don't. I obviously did it, it was just annoying. I expect games to recognize what is boring filler content and hold my hand so I can spam-click through their dry-assed unvoiced wall-o-texts and put up a nav thing on my screen so I can b-line for it.

Don't feel like that's asking too much, especially when there are other things I HAVE to do before being allowed to get to the thing I want.

Since you are competitive and place like 100% of the importance and your fun into that aspect... it's not like you keep up with "us" who spend money anyway. So ...
    I completed floor 5, and just because I won't ever be competitive with whales doesn't mean I get no sense of accomplishment from doing harder content in the game. I'd have fun playing dark souls even if I were the only person in the world playing it, for instance.

I have genuine fun with a lot of the game, as stated. I just also hate so much because it's so generic and boring. I'm at a point in life where all I want out of any game now is just 100% meat without anything else.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zmagoslav View Post
    I don't know man... maybe we'd all be better off if you realized this isn't the game for you and quit?
    basically no game is "for me" 100%. Guaranteed when Elden Ring comes out, which is likely to be my all-time favorite game, if I find something I dislike, I'll bitch about it on this forum.

To that end, I'll play as long as they keep releasing new things I DO enjoy because the actual combat itself is entertaining, the characters are cool, and the story is good enough to get the job done. That already makes it better than 99% of games released. Maybe if this were the early-2010s again and I had a constant stream of single player RPGs to keep me occupied, I wouldn't be playing this, but times are hard for someone with my tastes. Seems like only 1-2 titles worth trying every year and most of them flop (looking at you cyberpunk and fallout 76).

Sorry forums are my venting space. I've been tainted by years of shit talking, bitching, and back and forth arguing on wow's for decades. I'm not stopping now, though
    I praise things if I like them, as well.

As a casual player with no imbalanced/op team i found the enemies on the fog-isle more challenging than in prior content; especially those annoying wolves.
    They're annoying without a healer and I feel for you if you really don't want to run one. One of the shortcomings of the game is the cheesy mechanics they introduce that necessitate you running people you might not like. Wolves are definitely one of them. I always run bennet, so healing is no problem for me, but if you hate all the support characters or just like 4 other characters that much more... some things can be rough.

Any time I have to use Ganyu or Eula instead of Diluc, I cry.
    Last edited by BeepBoo; 2021-11-08 at 04:13 PM.

Guys, i found new Amber Technology.
    I call it:

Amber Blender Tech

The fact the Baron Bunny can be infused with cryo...to create constantly Anemo cryo swirls....makes a lot of pyro hits melt.
    Only if there is no grass on the floor.

Here is the combo (UwU)

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait it was that bad:

Ok fully crowned Hu Tao Eula and Ayaka, Baal 8-9-10, only 1 crown left
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

"It was fucked up. My whole mind kept thinking about how many number would pop up in venti ult"

This Yunru video has Internet Historian vibes love it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Ok fully crowned Hu Tao Eula and Ayaka, Baal 8-9-10, only 1 crown left
    Fischl normal attack crown (i had to many books), Ayaka 10/10/10, Ganyu 10/10/10, Eula 10/10/10, Ei 10/10/10, Hu tao 9/9/10.

Am i crazy or this whole new event only gave us primos enough for...2 wishes and a half?

(>_<) *tear up smile emoji*

Quote Originally Posted by Chadow View Post
    Am i crazy or this whole new event only gave us primos enough for...2 wishes and a half?

(>_<) *tear up smile emoji*
    You're not crazy, but then it literally took 30 minutes to complete the whole event, so 2 wishes is about fair.

This whole patch is really disappointing, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

every event gave 420 primo, where 2 single pull are 160x2 = 320, so yeah, it's the usual ?
    I don't know how many you got this time because I'm taking a pause since 2.2, and having a blast in honkai impact 3rd.
    way more stuff to do, instead of the full open world, and many stuff like abyss to do. and not once every 2 week, but 2 to 3 times each week ^^

My problem is I want to bother with only the things I want to bother with and absolutely 0 of what I don't. I obviously did it, it was just annoying. I expect games to recognize what is boring filler content and hold my hand so I can spam-click through their dry-assed unvoiced wall-o-texts and put up a nav thing on my screen so I can b-line for it.

Don't feel like that's asking too much, especially when there are other things I HAVE to do before being allowed to get to the thing I want.

I completed floor 5, and just because I won't ever be competitive with whales doesn't mean I get no sense of accomplishment from doing harder content in the game. I'd have fun playing dark souls even if I were the only person in the world playing it, for instance.

I have genuine fun with a lot of the game, as stated. I just also hate so much because it's so generic and boring. I'm at a point in life where all I want out of any game now is just 100% meat without anything else.

- - - Updated - - -

basically no game is "for me" 100%. Guaranteed when Elden Ring comes out, which is likely to be my all-time favorite game, if I find something I dislike, I'll bitch about it on this forum.

To that end, I'll play as long as they keep releasing new things I DO enjoy because the actual combat itself is entertaining, the characters are cool, and the story is good enough to get the job done. That already makes it better than 99% of games released. Maybe if this were the early-2010s again and I had a constant stream of single player RPGs to keep me occupied, I wouldn't be playing this, but times are hard for someone with my tastes. Seems like only 1-2 titles worth trying every year and most of them flop (looking at you cyberpunk and fallout 76).

Sorry forums are my venting space. I've been tainted by years of shit talking, bitching, and back and forth arguing on wow's for decades. I'm not stopping now, though
    I praise things if I like them, as well.

They're annoying without a healer and I feel for you if you really don't want to run one. One of the shortcomings of the game is the cheesy mechanics they introduce that necessitate you running people you might not like. Wolves are definitely one of them. I always run bennet, so healing is no problem for me, but if you hate all the support characters or just like 4 other characters that much more... some things can be rough.

Any time I have to use Ganyu or Eula instead of Diluc, I cry.
    I tried doing Aszdaha by myself and got completely bodied. I tried using albedo, but I quickly learned that he doesn't generate shields very well against him. Super annoying that Albedo's flowers don't work as intended against boss enemies because they just immediately despawn. I don't have Zhonlgi, and the only shield character I have leveled up is Diona, but her artifacts are garbage (level 6-8). Just gave up and did coop. Got carried through the last 50% of the boss's health while dead on the ground.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2021-11-09 at 06:07 PM.

I just realized 2 things:

There is no male electro characters (MC electro i guess)
    And electro element is the one with most hot grills (Beidou, Lisa, Keqing, Sara, Raiden)

Is there lore related to this facts or something?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadow View Post
    I just realized 2 things:

There is no male electro characters (MC electro i guess)
    And electro element is the one with most hot grills (Beidou, Lisa, Keqing, Sara, Raiden)

Is there lore related to this facts or something?
    Razor exists ;P

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Razor exists ;P
    Oh snaps And he is a hobo...im lost now

Hot grills and a hobo (>_<)