Page 39 of 76 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coniferous View Post
    And if you think his regular season EFG is bad, look at his playoff numbers since Durant left... they are stunningly bad.
    Yes, because he plays well against bad teams. Or against good teams that aren't trying all that hard. He plays with high intensity all the time. That doesn't matter as much when the other team does, too.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Couldn't watch basketball past 2 days. So of course the Celtics play like I have hoped they play all season.

Guess I can't watch any games now this season to keep up the good luck, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of Westbrook...

The Thunder, who have been predicted by many to be the worst team in the NBA this year, have now won only 2 of their first 8 games, and both wins have come against Westbrook's Lakers.

I know it's not like Russ just left OKC, but still... that's fucking priceless.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

I'm a Knicks fan and I love Kemba Walker... but at some point the worm is going to turn and people are going to realize that he's cooked. The Knicks have a net rating of -7.9 when he's on the court, and +17.8 when he's off. Derrick Rose, on the other hand, is at +21 when he's on and -10 when he's off. Today Knicks were +31 with Rose and -10 with Kemba. He's putting up decent offensive numbers, but he's just a huge liability on defense, and he's eating minutes that they should be giving to Quickley.

To me Kemba is a sad story because he spent years playing on teams that had no purpose. He could have become a functional player on a good team, but he wasted his prime elsewhere, and he's not going to figure out how to be a role player at this stage. For a guy as quick as Kemba to have so few steals over the course of his career is pretty bad.
    Last edited by Coniferous; 2021-11-06 at 02:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Warriors just demolished the Pelicans, outscoring them +37 in the second half to win by 41. And this on a night where Steph only had 19 points. The ball movement tonight was beautiful and the bench players were getting it done all game long.

If they can keep this up 'til Klay comes back, hopefully with more than half the season left to play... watch out.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Dubs look strong, for sure. Beat the Hawks tonight behind a 50-point performance by Curry in the tail end of a back-to-back. The Warriors were down as much as 15 in the 2nd before going up by as much as 23 in the 4th and then coasting to a 14 point victory.

A lot of people are going to talk about how the Warriors have had an easy schedule to start, and they're not wrong, but this team is playing well, even without Klay. The rest of the league is helping out, and no other team has fewer than 3 losses so far while the Dubs are sitting at 9 and 1, with a +13.7 differential.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Warriors definitely look great right now, and I hope they keep it up, they look like #1 in the West. Granted the best team they've played by a far margin is the Nuggets and they've had their struggles, Grizzles are scrappy, but are definitely playing better than the sum of their parts.

Lakers are fucked right now, unless they get rid of Westbrook, or just sit his ass. Unless they trade him for a player of Simmons caliber, even with Russ on the bench Lakers will be fighting for the 8th seed. Amazing how much they screwed up that team from their championship run, all they had to do was keep it together. But let's all appreciate "washed up" Carmelo Anthony is the best player on this team right now. He plays limited minutes, if he is having an off night, he's not just throwing up shots, he's playing really well and making the league look stupid for passing on a hall of famer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Going to assume y'all have seen the 2 way hard fouls that Morris and Jokic handed out to eachother.

Question though. Heat were down 15+, late in the game. Do you think in that situation Morris would do what he did to LeBron James? Kevin Durant? Kawhii Leonard? or just handled it differently?

Cause in my opinion this is just Jokic still not getting the respect he deserves, even after a mindblowing MVP season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Going to assume y'all have seen the 2 way hard fouls that Morris and Jokic handed out to eachother.

Question though. Heat were down 15+, late in the game. Do you think in that situation Morris would do what he did to LeBron James? Kevin Durant? Kawhii Leonard? or just handled it differently?

Cause in my opinion this is just Jokic still not getting the respect he deserves, even after a mindblowing MVP season.
    I'm not even sure what you're asking, here. A lack of respect from Morris because he initiated it? A lack of respect from the league because they're considering a suspension?

I think SAS sums it up pretty well.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

I think in general the league is still hostile and unaccepting of foreign players, especially if they are better than 99% of the league (cough Doncic had multiple issues, his 2 playoff series against Clippers, not to mention the Bitch ass white boy comment)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    I'm not even sure what you're asking, here. A lack of respect from Morris because he initiated it? A lack of respect from the league because they're considering a suspension?

I think SAS sums it up pretty well.
    Probably means Morris wouldn't have done it to KD or LeBron.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    Probably means Morris wouldn't have done it to KD or LeBron.
    I can't speak for Morris, but KD and LeBron certainly get hard fouled like that occasionally, too.

LeBron is somewhat of a flopper, though, and the league likes to call fouls in his favor quite a bit.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

I can't speak for Morris, but KD and LeBron certainly get hard fouled like that occasionally, too.

LeBron is somewhat of a flopper, though, and the league likes to call fouls in his favor quite a bit.
    That wasn't a hard foul, Morris basically hard hip checked him, if you see the side view Morris really hammered Jokic pretty hard and at an awkward angle. Honestly he hit him about as hard Jokic hit Morris. Morris clearly took exception to the "no call" while Jokic was on defense.

If the league has any sense, they'll suspend Morris for about 5 games and Jokic for about a game. The league has let crappy bench players target stars for too long.

10+ Year Old Account
    That wasn't a hard foul, Morris basically hard hip checked him, if you see the side view Morris really hammered Jokic pretty hard and at an awkward angle. Honestly he hit him about as hard Jokic hit Morris. Morris clearly took exception to the "no call" while Jokic was on defense.

If the league has any sense, they'll suspend Morris for about 5 games and Jokic for about a game. The league has let crappy bench players target stars for too long.
    I won't disagree that both players should be suspended, but I don't think Morris should get a worse suspension than Jokic. I agree with SAS that Jokic's actions were worse, because he blindsided Morris, even if he was provoked. I think Jokic's suspension should be at least the same as Morris, if not worse. Morris should not get off without a suspension, though.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

I won't disagree that both players should be suspended, but I don't think Morris should get a worse suspension than Jokic. I agree with SAS that Jokic's actions were worse, because he blindsided Morris, even if he was provoked. I think Jokic's suspension should be at least the same as Morris, if not worse. Morris should not get off without a suspension, though.
    He didn't blindside Morris, Morris incorrectly assumed Jokic was going to just take it. Thats completely on Morris, starting a fight and then putting your hands down doesn't mean you get to claim being a victim.

SAS is a clown, why listen to anything he says?

10+ Year Old Account
    He didn't blindside Morris, Morris incorrectly assumed Jokic was going to just take it. Thats completely on Morris, starting a fight and then putting your hands down doesn't mean you get to claim being a victim.
    It's not about him being a victim, because he's not. Just because Jokic attacked him from behind doesn't make what Morris did okay, which is why I said that they should both be suspended. But hitting someone from behind is objectively worse, and the league can't allow that, regardless of the provocation.

Put another way, Jokic doesn't get a free pass just because Morris started it.

SAS is a clown, why listen to anything he says?
    I hardly agree with everything SAS says, but I'm not going to disagree with it just because he said it, that's ridiculous.

In this case, I agree with his position.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

It's not about him being a victim, because he's not. Just because Jokic attacked him from behind doesn't make what Morris did okay, which is why I said that they should both be suspended. But hitting someone from behind is objectively worse, and the league can't allow that, regardless of the provocation.

Put another way, Jokic doesn't get a free pass just because Morris started it.

I hardly agree with everything SAS says, but I'm not going to disagree with it just because he said it, that's ridiculous.

In this case, I agree with his position.
    Hard disagree,
    Joker didn't attack him from behind, Morris hit Joker and choose to turn around.

I'm not saying that in the big scheme of things what Joker did was ok, he should see a suspension, but not as long as Morris. Morris legitimately blind sided Joker, and he did it for no reason, other than he thought a call should have been a foul (hit the ref if you feel that strong about it), Morris took a cheap shot at Joker and we are all lucky that Joker wasn't actually hurt. Morris choice to turn around 1 second after hitting someone is just the ignorance in him thinking that he is "protected", he wasn't and he got leveled for his troubles. Now the league knows not to mess with Joker and Morris has given more evidence that trash ballers who instigate confrontations and act like this is an 80s movie and they are the bad guys (cough* Morris brothers, PBev, Zaza) should be out on their ass for that kind of targeting behavior.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hard disagree,
    Joker didn't attack him from behind, Morris hit Joker and choose to turn around.
    You clearly need to watch the video again. Morris made a hard foul against Jokic as Jokic passed the ball forward. Morris turned to follow the ball and Jokic laid him out from behind. Jokic hit Morris harder than Morris hit Jokic. And from behind.

Morris legitimately blind sided Joker
    Uh, wow, no. That's pure revisionist history, right there.

Morris clearly did not blindside Jokic.

and he did it for no reason, other than he thought a call should have been a foul
    Yes, and Morris deserves to be suspended for it. That shit isn't okay. But it also wasn't the same type of hit that Jokic did back. Jokic doesn't get a free pass to lay someone out intentionally just because he was hit first. And Jokic's hit was objectively harder, and worse, than Morris'. I could see them getting the same punishment, maybe, because Morris did initiate it. But I can't see Morris getting the worse punishment when Jokic's hit was so much more flagrant.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    I disagree completely. Watch this angle: https://twitter.com/Rjeff24/status/1458115427096170497

Jokic gets hit HARD, and then Morris turns his back and sells what happens to him cause he KNOWS Jokic or someone is going to retaliate. Morris is a known instigator and asshole and he knew exactly what he was doing here.

To add to that:

Do we really want a situation in the NBA where it's okay for the 12th, 13th guy, end of bench player to come in and target the other team's star player and reigning MVP with a foul like that?

I don;t think so.

Morris should get a few games at least, and Jokic should get something for retaliating, but certainly not as much as Morris gets.

I also strongly feel that Morris would have NEVER done what he did to LBJ or Durant or other type of NBA defining players, cause he knows that the whole NBA would fall over themselves to admonish him if he pulled that. So what's the difference here?

10+ Year Old Account
    I disagree completely. Watch this angle: https://twitter.com/Rjeff24/status/1458115427096170497

Jokic gets hit HARD
    The angle changes nothing. Morris hits Jokic in the chest and Jokic is staggered. Then Jokic gets a running start and hits Morris in the back and Morris is laid out.

Sure, Morris is the instigator, and he deserves to get suspended for what he did. Again, that's not in question.

But you cannot equate the two hits, I'm sorry. And the league isn't going to want to hand out free passes to people to hit as hard as they want as long as they're provoked. The fact that Jokic hit Morris back harder is a significant consideration in their possible suspensions.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

The angle changes nothing. Morris hits Jokic in the chest and Jokic is staggered. Then Jokic gets a running start and hits Morris in the back and Morris is laid out.

Sure, Morris is the instigator, and he deserves to get suspended for what he did. Again, that's not in question.

But you cannot equate the two hits, I'm sorry. And the league isn't going to want to hand out free passes to people to hit as hard as they want as long as they're provoked. The fact that Jokic hit Morris back harder is a significant consideration in their possible suspensions.
    Nah, Morris clearly blind sides him, and then turns to act like he did nothing after the whistle... he knew a whistle was coming, there is no "no call" after how hard he hit Jokic.