Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Taarak View Post
    Classic servers still exist
    So do the classic forums. Maybe you can explain why someone as clever as you posted this on the wrong forum?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Funny that you mention this, because according to the Dev team it actually is. This is why racist remarks like the term "Greenskin" (or Orcs) get removed one after another.
    See e.g. Trollbane: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...istake/1083903
    I swear one day they're going to do a pass on warcraft 3 and just remove garathos all together and have kaelthas talk to himself instead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    So do the classic forums. Maybe you can explain why someone as clever as you posted this on the wrong forum?
    Already tried suggesting to post the right place, the person has been told before with other accounts, and just keeps going for the reaction.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    Holy shit, a fantasy world having people of ALL types? Even racists, misogynists, etc? Crazy!

Grow up.
    Depicting violence, the slaughter of civilians, genocide etc. is all okay. Depicting sexism is not. Really tells you where we're at.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    I swear one day they're going to do a pass on warcraft 3 and just remove garathos all together and have kaelthas talk to himself instead
    Impossible. That would require them to actually work on the game.
    Last edited by Nerovar; 2021-11-09 at 07:47 PM.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

Quote Originally Posted by Barog View Post
    The quest text isn't misogynistic, the character is.
    That's like saying the n-word isn't racist, but the person saying it is. That's all fine and well, but you know what is meant.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kraljin
    I think even saying this ignores the context.

The entire story of this "chain" can be summarized as:
    Belgrom (the questgiver) is a notorious womanizer (i think an npc literally calls him that).
    The bloodelf woman, Rimtori, seduced Belgrom into having some of his Warriors aid her in some excavation for riches in Azshara.
    She promised him a reward in return, she however, killed all of the Orc Warriors in order to claim all the riches for herself.
    Now, you're being sent in, in order to avenge the fallen warriors and claim vengeance for him.

That's why he's mad at a woman, he has been had by one who used her charms into securing his aid, then killed those men because of greed.

It's actually a rather interesting quest if you'd place in a story based RPG.
    Would you side with
    A. The womanizing superior who had been duped and got his men killed
    B. A power hungry woman that used her charms to seduce someone and then killed innocent people out of sheer greed?

It's gone in Classic and TBC, not talking about Retail.
    And the depiction of such a woman is sexist. It's stating that women use their attractiveness to trick and manipulate men.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Not man enough to flamebait on your main account i see.

Weak af
    Be man enough and reveal your real name and face instead of hiding behind an avatar.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Depicting violence, the slaughter of civilians, genocide etc. is all okay. Depicting sexism is not. Really tells you where we're at.
    It's not about what is being depicted.

When violence gets depicted, it's not because the developers want to get away with being violent.

But when sexism is depicted, it's because the developers want to get away with being sexist.

Keep in mind what was recently revealed about the sexual assault accusations made against the entire company.

Quote Originally Posted by AstroPup View Post
    Um, some do. Some also don't. This may come as a shock to you but not every women is the same or a beacon of goodness and grace.
    Please keep your sexist tirades to yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Women are terrible, they can't help it with their tiny brains and their vaginas.
    Ah fuck I laughed too hard at this.

Quote Originally Posted by Thantaros View Post
    Offended for the sake of being offended... Can we just stop this?
    Not while it's marketable.
    Remember: Words are not violence.
    Make your own groups!!!

And the depiction of such a woman is sexist. It's stating that women use their attractiveness to trick and manipulate men.
    And it's interesting how if it was a man using their attractiveness to trick and manipulate women, it wouldn't be sexist to you.

Funny how many suspicious burner accounts are coming out for this thread

Everyone knows fictional characters aren't allowed to be misogynistic, racist, homophobic, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    And it's interesting how if it was a man using their attractiveness to trick and manipulate women, it wouldn't be sexist to you.
    That wouldn't even make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotmail View Post
    Funny how many suspicious burner accounts are coming out for this thread
    These threads used to last minutes - now they last days, sometimes over a week. Things have changed a LOT around here.
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    Everyone knows fictional characters aren't allowed to be misogynistic, racist, homophobic, etc.
    They are self-inserts for the developers. Are you trying to tell me that their stories are great works of art with value?

They are self-inserts for the developers. Are you trying to tell me that their stories are great works of art with value?
    What on earth is a "self-insert"?

10+ Year Old Account
    You guys should be ashamed of yourselves. At least have these nonsensical debates with more "senior" posters, instead of baiting accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    You guys should be ashamed of yourselves. At least have these nonsensical debates with more "senior" posters, instead of baiting accounts.
    But not you - you are posting for a different reason, right? RIGHT?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    I'm with you on this one.

All the same, the fact OP's gotten 4 pages of Trolls trolling Trolls is kind of impressive
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

im so glad it got removed. make world of wokecraft a safespace for everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    What on earth is a "self-insert"?
    This thread is a self-insert.
    Remember: Words are not violence.
    Make your own groups!!!

As a hunter using a bow I am deeply offended by this quest https://classic.wowhead.com/quest=73...re-for-sissies

I request immediate action from blizzard !!!111!!!!!11

OH , wait . Nvm i'm a male so my feelings are not as important. Don't mind this post.
    Last edited by valax; 2021-11-09 at 09:38 PM.