Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    The guy told they are recording the jurors while this is forbidden for obvious reasons. I don't need Andy Ngo or some toothless clown to interpret for me what it means
    Prove it, prove that it happened. You, Andy Ngo, and the dumbass you sourced, said THAT GUY, George Floyd's nephew was part of it, when there is no evidence of it.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Of course it would to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown1917 View Post
    When it comes to fascism, you only have 2 choices.
    Do you two write slogans in free time?
    I wonder what will you do if Rittenhouse gets acquited on self-defense grounds (I am talking only about shooting those three, not the legality of his weapon or anything else). Scream that judge is racist and white supremacist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Scream that judge is racist and white supremacist?
    Haven't they already done that? I haven't read through the thread but there are already more than enough people who've said that the case so far is hard evidence of deep-seated racism in America.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    Haven't they already done that? I haven't read through the thread but there are already more than enough people who've said that the case so far is hard evidence of deep-seated racism in America.
    It seems that way though it boggles my mind on how they end up there. The only element of race I can see in the incident is a pedophile screaming shoot me n**** to a white kid.

People had weapons because people in blm protests consistantly set fires and attack people. That is a fact it isnt up for debate and there isnt an excuse for it.

Every single person who attacked kyle that night is at bare minimum guilty of assault with the felon guilty of attempted murder.

It is concerning to say the least... they see people standing up and defending others from criminals as monsters. When that becomes the unobjectionable reality with hard evidence they will desperately look for any reason to call a violent convicted pedophilia, a man with a restraining order for threatening to kill his own grand mother with a knife, and an illegally armed felon trying to gun down a child.

All they see are those who are politically aligned with them and those against them. There will be more horrors before they are finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Leer View Post
    It seems that way though it boggles my mind on how they end up there. The only element of race I can see in the incident is a pedophile screaming shoot me n**** to a white kid.

People had weapons because people in blm protests consistantly set fires and attack people. That is a fact it isnt up for debate and there isnt an excuse for it.

Every single person who attacked kyle that night is at bare minimum guilty of assault with the felon guilty of attempted murder.

It is concerning to say the least... they see people standing up and defending others from criminals as monsters. When that becomes the unobjectionable reality with hard evidence they will desperately look for any reason to call a violent convicted pedophilia, a man with a restraining order for threatening to kill his own grand mother with a knife, and an illegally armed felon trying to gun down a child.

All they see are those who are politically aligned with them and those against them. There will be more horrors before they are finished.
    Huge eyeroll for this horseshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leer View Post
    It isn't a "fact". It's a lie.

https://www.radcliffe.harvard.edu/ne...research-finds

Not only were most BLM protests peaceful, the exceptions were mostly sparked by police or right-wing agitators/counter-protestors.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ts-not-antifa/

You're lying out your ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shake my head in disgust at the US justice system showing once more how shit it is?
    It's kind of telling that they keep basing their argument off some assumption that the courts are perfectly balanced and even-tempered, rather than a major tool of enforcing white supremacy, by design.

While the BLM protests were primarily about police racism, the courts have been pushing racist agendas for the USA's entire history. Something that's overtly, objectively determinable, when you look at conviction rates and sentencing variances across racial lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You're lazily pointing to issues rooted directly in racism, and pretending they're not about racism.
    You're lazily reducing complex societal issues to racism.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    This is a lie and can be summarily dismissed.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're mostly not that complex. They mostly boil down to racism.

The poor treatment of felons largely comes about because the judicial and prison systems were always deeply tied into the enforcement of racist policies, and those systems have resisted reformation as social mores have adjusted.

This particular case divides right along racist lines, because Rittenhouse is a white supremacist who was counter-protesting a racial-equality movement at the time he chose to kill two people and seriously injure a third.

And overseas military action, if you think that hasn't heavily been based on racism, you haven't paid much attention to American history.

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    not to get too into the weeds with religious talk but in the US's history at least the particular brand of corporal punishment that Protestantism employs has long been an excuse to treat racial minorities far worse than WASP's when it comes to criminal punishment. or justifying genocide for that matter...
    How do you make connection from "brand of punishment" to "excuse"?

Society applies punishments it sees fit to those who violate rules as society set them up.

Punishments that are often disproportionate to deeds done.

It can be worse for some categories but the problem is at the root, not the leaves.

US society seems to like extreme punishments (like consecutive sentencing inflating imprisonment time) and generally perceives lawbreakers (especially repeat ones) as irredeemable.
    Last edited by Shalcker; 2021-11-10 at 03:14 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, just look at where major cities built high-ways. (Hint, generally they bulldozed black neighbourhoods)
    - Lars

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzjhath View Post
    Well, just look at where major cities built high-ways. (Hint, generally they bulldozed black neighbourhoods)
    You spelled low-income wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The poor treatment of felons largely comes about because the judicial and prison systems were always deeply tied into the enforcement of racist policies, and those systems have resisted reformation as social mores have adjusted.
    Of course systems of subjugation are always tied to enforcement of any policies; but they do not stem from them.

They resist reformation because they are seen as largely okay in their present state, just "misapplied" - set to punish "wrong" categories of people.

This particular case divides right along racist lines, because Rittenhouse is a white supremacist who was counter-protesting a racial-equality movement at the time he chose to kill two people and seriously injure a third.
    It is seen as "racist" because you conflate police support with racism support; they can often come together but they are still different.

And overseas military action, if you think that hasn't heavily been based on racism, you haven't paid much attention to American history.
    So what you're saying is that because US culture was created by racists it has disproportionate punishment as norm for everyone?

I see causation going in opposite direction. Culture with disproportionate punishment from outset punished over racial lines stronger then other societies too, creating greater divides.

Nah, you just want to ignore that systemic racism and policies that stemmed from racism even exist. Turnip harvest must be weak this time of year.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    Nah, you just want to ignore that systemic racism and policies that stemmed from racism even exist. Turnip harvest must be weak this time of year.
    I see racism as continuation of overall policies, not their source.

Universal perceptions like "they are poor because they don't work hard enough; they are persecuted because they are not law-abiding enough; they are uneducated because they don't learn hard enough" simply hitting those who are already down harder - and keeping them there.

I see racism as continuation of overall policies, not their source.

Universal perceptions like "they are poor because they don't work hard enough; they are persecuted because they are not law-abiding enough; they are uneducated because they don't learn hard enough" simply hitting those who are already down harder.
    This comparison just shows how disingenuous you are.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    This comparison just shows how disingenuous you are.
    Could you expand on your line of reasoning rather then throw one-liners?

Shake my head in disgust at the US justice system showing once more how shit it is?
    And here lies what I am trying to say - you are incapable of seeing anything else than your point of view, everything else is automatically painted as bad, racist, etc. "Judge has to be racist if Rittenhouse is acquitted!" instead of "Maybe it actually was self defence as ruled by experts".
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    And here lies what I am trying to say - you are incapable of seeing anything else than your point of view, everything else is automatically painted as bad, racist, etc. "Judge has to be racist if Rittenhouse is acquitted!" instead of "Maybe it actually was self defence as ruled by experts".
    The thing is, most of us would be open to such an argument being made.

We disagree that it has been, or that the evidence that has been released in any way supports that conclusion.

The "Judge has to be racist if Rittenhouse is acquitted" comes about because A> the judge has issued weird-ass biasing decrees regarding this (and other) cases, and B> the evidence doesn't suggest acquittal, so that leads us to consider what other reasons there would be for that (leading back to A>).