Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    How about we remove datamining so people can actually discover stuff in game and have Blizzard test their stuff and not rely on people they don't pay to find bugs?
    Considering the symbiotic relationship WoWHead has with Blizzard Entertainment and the fact that the PTR itself is massive marketing for the game by keeping the game always in the news cycle with updates. I don't really think that Datamining will be removed unless the Datamining continues to lead to wholly negative PR which again that will end at some point once everything they want removed has been removed from the game. Not to speak of the fact that this relationship has existed for decades and is therefore more like precedent than anything else.

Also this thread is probably not the best place to discuss this as well we kinda love that aspect of the game.
    Last edited by Foreign Exchange Ztudent; 2021-11-10 at 07:16 PM.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

Quote Originally Posted by rainhard View Post
    I do hope we get a pretty skybox to make the zone feel even better, you can do a lot in a fractal themed zone.
    Same, that's one of the chief reasons I'm really excited for this. Just the little bit we get from the portal, the Guardian, and these symbols, has me more excited than I've been all expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by rainhard View Post
    I do hope we get a pretty skybox to make the zone feel even better, you can do a lot in a fractal themed zone.
    Considering the Architects made the Cosmic Forces, I wouldn’t be shocked if this zone had stuff from literally every power, with the raid being a mixture of each Cosmic Power + First Ones stuff.

I really hope we don't get covenant ARs honestly. As much as I might want to play a Kyrian, I really don't think the effort is worth it when there are so many other ARs I would love far more. Like actually getting an Ankoan AR. Or better yet, using the time saved on more heritage armors for old races.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlands-is-fake View Post
    Steve Danuser just posted the following quote along with the symbols from WoW's original tweet:

"So much awaits discovery in the geometry. So many truths lie in the intersections. The fractals."

Googling this quote led me to this:

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Exp..._A37J_-_Part_4

Pretty much confirms Zereth Mortis, First Ones and the Sepulcher?
    Yeah. No shock there imo

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Same, that's one of the chief reasons I'm really excited for this. Just the little bit we get from the portal, the Guardian, and these symbols, has me more excited than I've been all expansion.
    I just hope it doesn't look like something out of Louis XIV's castles. I hope they use the color pallette well and it doesn't come off as too gaudy.

Then again, maybe they won't utilize gold and glitter too much.
    Last edited by Foreign Exchange Ztudent; 2021-11-10 at 07:19 PM.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

How about we remove datamining so people can actually discover stuff in game and have Blizzard test their stuff and not rely on people they don't pay to find bugs?
    If players want to do that they can just ignore wowhead & mmo-champion. It's pretty easy & wouldn't f-over the content creator community

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    If players want to do that they can just ignore wowhead & mmo-champion. It's pretty easy & wouldn't f-over the content creator community
    Oh no, imagine a world where content creators have to actually create content instead of just reporting and reacting to the latest information.

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    I just hope it doesn't look like something out of Louis XIV's castles. I hope they use the color pallette well and it doesn't come off as too gaudy.

Then again, maybe they won't utilize gold and glitter too much.
    Had to google to remind myself.

On the one hand, would be pretty cool. On the other, that is...a bit overdone.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Oh no, imagine a world where content creators have to actually create content instead of just reporting and reacting to the latest information.
    You don't think news is content. Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    You don't think news is content. Interesting.
    Reading wowhead and mmo-c articles out loud sure as shit isn't creating content.

7+ Year Old Account
    Reading wowhead and mmo-c articles out loud sure as shit isn't creating content.
    Let's be honest here, they never just read, they also give opinions. They provide commentary. Plus presenting a wall of text in a condensed and vocal manner has it's merits.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

I'm not against this, but don't see that happening anytime soon unless Blizzard starts cracking down real hard.

Ethereals have something to do with Shadowlands?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    Ethereals have something to do with Shadowlands?
    Ummmm, throwing them there would be super weird, because Brokers are literally Ethereals 2.0.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2021-11-10 at 07:50 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlands-is-fake View Post
    So, Runeforging new feature?
    Not sure they'd add a new gear systems feature. Feels more like 9.2 is likely to step back from them. Everyone jumped on the 12 = 12 classes train, but there's also 12 races per faction.

Not sure they'd add a new gear systems feature. Feels more like 9.2 is likely to step back from them. Everyone jumped on the 12 = 12 classes train, but there's also 12 races per faction.
    I think it's pretty obvious by now that the 12 symbols have NOTHING WHATSOEVER TO DO with twelve classes in the game, or 12 races.

They're runes. There's something about runes coming in 9.2. Danuser even mentions this in his tweet. It's something to do with runes and the covenants, almost certainly. Not the number, but their very existence. Covenants, runes, the Jailer, etc.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    12 boss raid confirmed.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I mean FFXIV can release whole expansions without public testing (and datamining) and they are no worse for bugs/tuning then WoW expansions. It would cost a lot of money (and so ActiBlizz will never do it) but it is possible. They should at least try a little with patches...

7+ Year Old Account
    I mean, where the promised return of tier sets @?