The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Seems to be between Packers, Saints and Patriots for OBJ. He apparently wants a good QB, a good Coaching staff, and potential for the playoffs. The only team that realistically has all 3 is the Packers, since Saints and Patriots are still a bit of a questionmark at QB and playoff potential. Then again, that's only considering this year. Next year Rodgers is gone. But I reckon OBJ will want a 1 year deal so he can hoepfully play well and play in the playoffs and secure a bag next off season.

We'll see what happens though. I'd still rather he end up on a different team, and that the Patriots interest is more superficial, but I thought the same thing about Antonio Brown, who was a far bigger head case, and we all know how that worked out.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, well then. https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/stat...55774275325954

"NFL confirms its review of the @Packers
    is complete.

• $300K fine to the team for not enforcing protocols.
    • $14,650 fine to Aaron Rodgers for Halloween party.
    • $14,650 fine to Allen Lazard for Halloween party.

(@RobDemovsky
    1st on the fines.)

Team was fully cooperative."

- - - Updated - - -

aka a big ol' slap on the wrist. Knew the NFL would not do anything.
    Are we surprised? Stars always get special treatment, just ask the Bears last night.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like Seahawks are out of the running for OBJ. Thank fuck.

I haven't seen any actual interest from the Packers, just from the Seahawks. Hopefully Green Bay doesn't bite.

I also think they should have at least fined Rodgers a lot more, considered he basically lied and then partied, I don't know the full extent of what protocols he broke. But that fine is basically pennies to him.

10+ Year Old Account
    CD Lamb got fined more for untucked jerseys than Rodgers did for breaking COVID protocol and lying. NFL is a joke.

10+ Year Old Account
    We got more for Gruden wearing his mask incorrectly and a couple of guys going shopping than that.

Absolute horse shit decision.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I haven't seen any actual interest from the Packers, just from the Seahawks. Hopefully Green Bay doesn't bite.

I also think they should have at least fined Rodgers a lot more, considered he basically lied and then partied, I don't know the full extent of what protocols he broke. But that fine is basically pennies to him.
    Green Bay bit. But only for a vet minimum deal.

Supposedly it's down to Green Bay, New Orleans, and KC. So if OBJ wants to win now it's Green Bay, if he wants the money it's apparently New Orleans, if he wants a long-term QB situation it's KC.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post

Supposedly it's down to Green Bay, New Orleans, and KC. So if OBJ wants to win now it's Green Bay, if he wants the money it's apparently New Orleans, if he wants a long-term QB situation it's KC.
    Please god GB NOOOOO

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    CD Lamb got fined more for untucked jerseys than Rodgers did for breaking COVID protocol and lying. NFL is a joke.
    Untucked jersey fines are a joke, but I don't think Rodgers really lied to the NFL, they rejected his attempt at being "immunized" so the league and team knew his status. He also reportedly didn't do anything out of the norm for most of the other unvaccinated players (Cousins, Beasley) with 20%+ of the league not being vaxxed, they would probably have to start fining and making a big stink over all those players. I'm sure they wanted this to just be over than have to start policing social distancing rules... I mean stadiums are packed again so I don't think they care about this issue if they are making money.

- - - Updated - - -

In other news, Dalvin Cook is being sued for violence, but he is counter suing for extortion and domestic violence?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post

There's no money coming to New Orleans, he comes here if he wants to go home and be the #1 guy instead of a complimentary piece.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    There's no money coming to New Orleans, he comes here if he wants to go home and be the #1 guy instead of a complimentary piece.
    You mean for this year? Cause I assume Michael Thomas is your No. 1 when he's healthy.

Honestly, none of the early reports had Kansas City as one of the names and then they suddenly popped up as one of the main ones. That tells me the Chiefs are actually interested and willing to pay him beyond this year too. Just a question of OBJ getting enough interest from some other team to drive the price up for KC.

I'll be shocked if he signs elsewhere then KC.

10+ Year Old Account
    You mean for this year? Cause I assume Michael Thomas is your No. 1 when he's healthy.
    There is no reason OBJ would sign beyond this year, he has no value right now, the point is to build that value in what remains of 2021.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account

Honestly, none of the early reports had Kansas City as one of the names and then they suddenly popped up as one of the main ones. That tells me the Chiefs are actually interested and willing to pay him beyond this year too. Just a question of OBJ getting enough interest from some other team to drive the price up for KC.

I'll be shocked if he signs elsewhere then KC.
    Supposedly GB is a high consideration as well because of all the teams in the mix they're the only one that feels like they're gonna win a playoff game.

15+ Year Old Account
    This is a fun stat: Baltimore has outscored Miami 137-16 the last 3 times they’ve faced each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    OBJ is going to.......

The Rams?

Well, we know our Super Bowl Champion now. They came out of nowhere at the finish line it seems.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not seeing anything official. if so rip to the rams.
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    Not seeing anything official. if so rip to the rams.
    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...s-angeles-rams

Nothing official I can find either. Just people are saying he is finalizing a deal with the Rams
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    Official now.

Consider me shocked, but then also not. Rams have sold out for a title this year and if they can fit this in then they likely get a really good receiver that will help them, even if he doesn;t have to carry the load and be their no. 1. (cause they have one in Kupp)

I love how the NFL insiders are often so wrong about destinations or X player is considering Y. Like the Rams weren't even really being mentioned. Also I'm not sure this does much for the Rams. OBJ doesn't exactly seem to mesh well with other great receivers on a team and he could even have a negative effect. Oh well, don't have to worry about that headcase on the Saints.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    I love how the NFL insiders are often so wrong about destinations or X player is considering Y. Like the Rams weren't even really being mentioned. Also I'm not sure this does much for the Rams. OBJ doesn't exactly seem to mesh well with other great receivers on a team and he could even have a negative effect. Oh well, don't have to worry about that headcase on the Saints.
    Because Insiders don't want to be right as much as they want to be first with a good story.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Because Insiders don't want to be right as much as they want to be first with a good story.
    Yeah even though I'm sure a nice chunk are made up because 'sources' they never have to prove anything. I have a source that says the Saints are considering getting X player off Y practice squad. See I'm just as connected.

15+ Year Old Account
    Am I being naive or a hater in really not caring? I liked him at first but he seemed done before he even left NY. He played more games than victor cruz with far less of an impact.

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Well one or two, then the rest copy it and sites circle jerk each other as sources. Which is just news overall now.
    Last edited by ProphetFlume; 2021-11-11 at 09:53 PM.