Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    It was confirmed that the Arbiter was created from the Jailer's Anima in the 9.1 campaign.
    Where? I only saw that they fed Anima they stole from the jailer when they threw him in the Maw. & even then that might not necessarily mean the Arbiter's consciousness isn't somewhere.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    Not sure why the age of Teldrassil should matter over the murder of innocent people and children. That's like saying getting burned alive in the house you bought last week isn't as bad as getting burned alive in your childhood home.
    I think any reason is lost on this one. He loves Sylvi, he will defend her till the end.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Blizzard is closing the 9.1.5 PTR forums today.
    Getting ready for 9.2 PTR

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Where? I only saw that they fed Anima they stole from the jailer when they threw him in the Maw. & even then that might not necessarily mean the Arbiter's consciousness isn't somewhere.
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Covenants_Renewed

"The Primus says: Once, Zovaal stood among us as the Arbiter. Yet he defied the will of the First Ones and sought to unmake the balance of the cosmos.
    The Primus says: For his crimes, we stripped our brother of his power and bound him to the Maw. It was I who scribed the runes of Domination upon his flesh.
    The Primus says: We used Zovaal's anima to construct a new Arbiter, one that would be dispassionate and just."

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    So no people will not just get over this.
    I know they won't but they should. Night Elves lived longer than anyone should ever have been allowed to. You know who said that? Malfurion in Warcraft 3. Smoke 'em if you got em.

It's said directly by the Primus in the 9.1 campaign finale.
    After the eternal ones imprisoned Zovaal they took his ability to judge souls and made it into the the Arbiter we know.
    There isn't an arbiter anymore since it was never more than the ability to pass judgment made into a machine.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

I hope we see at least 1 of the Eternal One's die. Kyrestia should've died. We had no explanation on how she lived.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    Arthas is definitely in this expansion. If not in 9.2, then in a 9.3 if there is one.
    Arthas might be the Farahlon or Aerial Combat of SL.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

I know they won't but they should. Night Elves lived longer than anyone should ever have been allowed to. You know who said that? Malfurion in Warcraft 3. Smoke 'em if you got em.
    I don't think it's possible for levels of copium to get any higher than this. At this point it would make more logical sense to just say you love Sylvanas and will ignore the shitty lore that ruined her, rather than create fake reasons she did the right thing somehow.

At the very end of the campaign.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    I hope we see at least 1 of the Eternal One's die. Kyrestia should've died. We had no explanation on how she lived.
    What if the WQ dies, tryna protect her sister?

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    I think any reason is lost on this one. He loves Sylvi, he will defend her till the end.
    Those Night Elf children on Teldrassil there is no evidence ever existed. Considering how long they lived & now many there are I assume a night elf child is only born every century or so.

And after than I can just talk about how Elune wanted it to happen. Night Elves used to be my favorite race but after all this they seem so pathetic to me. Now it's for the Dark Lady, Always.
    Last edited by Ersula; 2021-11-11 at 04:54 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Those Night Elf children on Teldrassil there is no evidence ever existed. Considering how long they lived & now many there are I assume a night elf child is only born every century or so.
    Sylvi is best girl!
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

I know they didn't envision the Shadowlands this way, as they obviously based it on the Shadowfell & these Shadowlands are more like the D&D Celestial Planes, the Shadowlands zones do feel very authentic to this setting: Necromancy, Vampires, Valkyrie & Druidism are the 4 most common motifs in this universe.
    Fair point. I think my major gripe is with its implementations is the whole idea of "oh hey here's a plane of endless afterlives" but then "but wait - only these 4 really matter anyway lol". Maybe my imagination is too limited these days but it just feels very off to me.

There is, read Elegy.
    But even aside from burnings kids, it is genocide.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    That moment when Zovaal did a better job at burning Azerothians than Sargeras himself.
    Easy to do with anyone when you retcon them being behind everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    You can't kill them afaik. They are connected to their realms.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Because we don't have any further implications on our "home". That's the issue, not the topic itself. As Dracullus said in a post before, Shadowlands build up was incredibly poor. Sylvanas creates a rift and ooops, Shadowlands are there. Excuse me what? This could have been done way better and way more connected to our world. That it hasn't been done in the beginning means it needs closure towards the end. That's all I'm saying. You can't spend 99% of the time in the Shadowlands and the last 1% of the expansion instantly link back to Azeroth and show us what happened until *blink* we get to know it in the next expansion a year later.
    I definitely don't disagree that the build up was pretty poor. The way Blizz defined it during Blizzcon sounded much better, where the Scourge overtook us until we found ourselves in the Maw. But we know that there are already implications, even if some are implied. There is no Lich King anymore & no one controlling the Scourge. We've seen that the Scourge is running amok during the Bastion campaign. There's a lot we don't know about how the Horde Council is working out or if Turalyon has gotten more vicious, that perhaps should have been looked at here or there. But we are seeing changes to major Azeroth characters, Anduin being a big one.

I wouldn't have minded seeing more of Azeroth during this expansion, but I'd argue that isn't because we have a cosmic expansion. It's more due to Blizz's seeming refusal to bring old world zones into modern expansions. That was one thing I thought was nice about 8.3, & something I'd like to see more of wherever we are based next.

Teldrassil was 30 years old & all night elves are thousands of years old. You'd have to make a strong argument to convince me of even entertaining the idea killing a night elf is anything other than a form of euthanasia.

Get over it.
    Um, wow. I don't know that there's much I can say to someone looking at a genocide & saying "get over it". I'd point out that there are more races that Night Elves that likely died up there (Worgen, for sure), but I'm not sure that would make you care any more than you already don't.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    ...You will HATE Final Fantasy, if you think THIS is unbelievable for WoW. Damn, haven't done the random caps in words for no reason thingy in ages.
    Anyone who doesnt like furries would hate FF

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Says the one who plays a game full of Worgen, Pandaren, Tauren, Vulpera, Night Elves and Humans that can turn into Animals and serve nature, etc.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    FF only has like, one proper furry race, though. They have people who are part lizards, people who are part cat, short people, tall people, tall buff people, bunny people, tall buff cat people, and average people.