All Legion allied races except for the Ren'dorei have 3 pages of customization now, is Blizzard going to do something about this or...
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Sounds like another legendary cape to me.
    What if it's the Class Sets?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Sylvanas was really like "I may be weak, but someday I will be strong again & Torghast will always be bad content"
    To paraphrase Roger Ebert to Vincent Gallo over his Brown Bunny review, "I might be a war criminal, but one day, it will be retconned. But you will always have weird blue nipples."

Incidentally, I'm glad we're finally in agreement that this wasn't a 12D chess game, Sylvanas is an idiot, and the Jailer was a bad guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I don't want to say anything, but why does this fake logo look better than the official one? (okay, that's subjective)

Because you love to constantly bitch about anything. German, I guess?
    Last edited by ExiHext; 2021-11-11 at 07:24 PM.

So the WOW team is basically pulling a FFXIV Endwalker and beginning a new in 10.0

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    All Legion allied races except for the Ren'dorei have 3 pages of customization now, is Blizzard going to do something about this or...
    You just got ALL the blood elf options. Maghar didn't get sh*t & you want more???

Quote Originally Posted by niilokin View Post
    What, good portion of the playable races are of Titan origin. Aggramar is responsible for the creation orcs and ogres.
    good point hmmmm Maybe in this patch we will know what is Azeroth. A Titan? a First One? Something else?

7+ Year Old Account
    What, good portion of the playable races are of Titan origin. Aggramar is responsible for the creation orcs and ogres.

All of that happened indirectly through corruption or magic spawns.

Anyways, the titans were floating around the universe ordering already existing planets, they were not involved in any of the fundamental mechanisms of the universe.
    They did 'create' things and even places, they just didn't 'make the universe'.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    What if it's the Class Sets?
    How would that work? Everyone gets their set through the story and then upgrades them with tokens via raids, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    You just got ALL the blood elf options. Maghar didn't get sh*t & you want more???
    I don't care if I got options that should have been here in 2017 and I don't care about any Horde race. Maybe you're interested in ugly cavemen orcs but I'm not.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azzurri View Post
    So the WOW team is basically pulling a FFXIV Endwalker and beginning a new in 10.0
    Well not exactly. WoW sounds like it's headed toward the mythical "soft reboot" in 10.0, 14 still has to finish its current story and the new beginning starts in 6.1.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    How would that work? Everyone gets their set through the story and then upgrades them with tokens via raids, etc?
    Honestly that sounds possible.

I think it'll ultimately be replaced by raid sets. I dunno something tells me Blizz will fuck this up in their quest to "not have 5 slots locked in as tier sets."
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

This looks super generic safe space life/light/order themed place. Not alien at all for WoW.
    It looks extremely alien for WoW, tf? Also, that's the point. The First Ones made the entire Cosmos.

I find it kind of interesting how much Sylvanas mirrors Cersei from Game of Thrones.
    At first, perceived to be a ruthless but cunning and smart player in the "game of thrones". But ultimately, they were not as smart as they thought they were, as Tywin put it. And ended up characterized as someone who'd act on her rage rather than her intelligence. Blew the Sept in an explosively simillar manner to Teldrassil (but at least Cersei eliminated her political opponents, it wasn't for some far fetched reason shoehorned after the fact). Both ended up frustrating expectations as to what their goals and strategies actually were, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    All of that happened indirectly through corruption or magic spawns.

Anyways, the titans were floating around the universe ordering already existing planets, they were not involved in any of the fundamental mechanisms of the universe.
    They did 'create' things and even places, they just didn't 'make the universe'.
    The First Ones only "made the universe" because Shadowlands retroactively stated this to be the case, then retroactively stated that Chronicle was biased and from the Titans' perspective, which is why the First Ones were left out of it.

The entirety of Shadowlands's mission statement as a narrative has been to retroactively overwrite all prior existing lore as per Danuser's overly conceited aims

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    It looks extremely alien for WoW, tf? Also, that's the point. The First Ones made the entire Cosmos.
    This shit looks much better and more alien that Titan stuff ever looked to me.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    It looks... like the Shadowlands? What exactly does look different here? I mean it's Bastion in green and there's a desert. Hardly "alien". I mean it looks nice, but it's definitely not more alien than the basic Shadowland zones.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    He ordered Draenor in a way sure but he didn't handcraft the orcs.

And yes Zerath Mortis is super alien esque. Thats the point and its purposeful.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2021-11-11 at 07:30 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    I find it kind of interesting how much Sylvanas mirrors Cersei from Game of Thrones.
    At first, perceived to be a ruthless but cunning and smart player in the "game of thrones". But ultimately, they were not as smart as they thought they were, as Tywin put it. And ended up characterized as someone who'd act on her rage rather than her intelligence. Blew the Sept in an explosively simillar manner to Teldrassil (but at least Cersei eliminated her political opponents, it wasn't for some far fetched reason shoehorned after the fact). Both ended up frustrating expectations as to what their goals and strategies actually were, in my opinion.
    Cersei was a pretty great character though? I mean let's ignore the final season, basically every character was butchered there. But even blowing the sept and everything after right until the final season felt organic and... natural?
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Damn, missed out on the actual hype. That really just clashed horribly with my own plans for tonight.

Still, the zone looks cool, and I like the idea that the zone is the "guts" of the Shadowlands, making new afterlives as needed.

The raid is intriguing. Not sure why Blizzard didn't just split it into an 8 and 3 boss raid instead. Though I suppose this works just as well.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Cersei was a pretty great character though? I mean let's ignore the final season, basically every character was butchered there. But even blowing the sept and everything after right until the final season felt organic and... natural?
    I do think that's exactly what they wanted to do. The problem being Sylvanas' backstory isn't anything like Cerseis. I'm certian they were inspired by Daenerys & Cersei when planning BFA but then came to their senses when they realized the end of GoT was extremely bad.