Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Boy the artwork for the new tier sets looked amazing.. Until they put them on player character models.

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    And the reason why I keep quoting that line is they straight up admitted that it isn't conclusive. I stand by the statement that it is bull that the First Ones created everything but I never said the Titans didn't discover the planets or that they even created them, I specifically said the planets and realms we've "experienced" as they claimed "as created by the First Ones" have explicitly been formed or tampered by others since. I'm not making claims to know what came first because even Blizzard's staff isn't prepared to conclusively stick with anything, even the idea that the First Ones created everything.
    What do you mean "it isn't conclusive"?

If the timestamp doesn't work, 1:53. "They've created everything we've experienced in Azeroth, Shadowlands, and even realms we haven't discovered yet".
    That's a very definite statement.

The line after is just referring to the intentions/goals.

They said they were created to fulfill their functions in Zereth Mortis, that means they were created after, as in time later, Zereth Mortis' creation. They also stated the Automa were left behind to take care of the place and make it fulfill it's non-automated function as in they needed personal to do as such later after the First Ones left. They are explicit in the video with stating that the First Ones created the Automa some time after Zereth Mortis was functioning and before they left it.
    Rewatching the part on the Automa all they said was they were created to ensure the process happens. Nothing about when.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    When the people saying that it's dirt have been saying it's dirt for the last two fucking decades yet continue to buy the product for some reason... yeah. That's not exactly a problem of the people producing the product.
    Never seen anyone say that. Most people have disliked everything after WoD lorewise. Legion was good, but was tainted by background lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Dejiko View Post
    Boy the artwork for the new tier sets looked amazing.. Until they put them on player character models.
    Seriously. What in the hell happened from the artwork to the in-game models? The end results looks worse than the Blue Savage PvP gear from WoTLK.

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    There is so little information about everything this expansion. We are let on to so little that it's hard to give a shit and to say this is the a culmination to all of Warcraft? Come on, thats just weak storytelling
    I feel as if people are running with this idea of it being a culmination far more than Blizzard did themselves.

The fact is that it's definitely a story that reached as far back to the Lich King himself, but that's about it and it's not as if they're claiming more than that. The story of Shadowlands and the Jailer does start for us, with the Lich King though.

Quote Originally Posted by Log Cabin View Post
    It kind of is when there isn't anything to tie them together.

Hell for most of the expansion we are told the sigils are super important only to remake a new set simply because we feel like doing it. We still have no idea what the jailer intends beyond a vague notion of remaking the universe.

You can't write a terrible, poorly strung together plot then say its the audiences fault

It " wILl NEveR SeRve " the story.
    I already just had to post this to someone else, so I'm just copying it.

The Jailer used to be the Arbiter, and he felt the system was flawed. He tried to get the other leaders to go with him to see the plans of the First Ones with their own eyes, and they considered that heresy and that he was a threat, so they banished him to the Maw while stripping him of his sigil.

They used his sigil to create the Arbiter we know.

He collected them all to force open the portal to Zereth Mortis because he still feels that creation is flawed, but now he also wants everyone to serve him instead to create his utopia. Granted the exact process is unknown yeah, but Zereth Mortis houses the ability to create afterlives so I imagine it's not a far stretch to say his goal is to repurpose it, like how N'zoth wanted to repurpose the reorigination unit in BfA.

It's not at all "vague". He straight up said it in the ending cutscene of BoD. And it was told through the 9.1 quests.

Quote Originally Posted by GratsDing45 View Post
    Call me crazy but I hope Blizz keeps the traditional wall of text for quest info going forward. I know it's not what people enjoy but I like the freedom of it, I can choose to read or not instead of having to skip skip skip like in ESO or FF14. even if it is less engaging. But i'm pretty sure Blizzard are going to go with the more modern "immersive questing" approach next expansion. To turn WoW into a more story oriented MMO
    I don't think that's crazy at all, part of why I can't get through FFXIV is how cutscene heavy it is. If Blizzard was to try to force that I'm not sure I'd be able to keep playing myself.

Beyond disappointing and I had the lowest of hopes to begin with....

5+ Year Old Account
    Floating islands? Never seen that before

N ever

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Herrm View Post
    Beyond disappointing and I had the lowest of hopes to begin with....
    But, but...they got new waater! WATER MAN!! WATERRRRR!!!...

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I feel as if people are running with this idea of it being a culmination far more than Blizzard did themselves.

The fact is that it's definitely a story that reached as far back to the Lich King himself, but that's about it and it's not as if they're claiming more than that. The story of Shadowlands and the Jailer does start for us, with the Lich King though.

I already just had to post this to someone else, so I'm just copying it.

The Jailer used to be the Arbiter, and he felt the system was flawed. He tried to get the other leaders to go with him to see the plans of the First Ones with their own eyes, and they considered that heresy and that he was a threat, so they banished him to the Maw while stripping him of his sigil.

They used his sigil to create the Arbiter we know.

He collected them all to force open the portal to Zereth Mortis because he still feels that creation is flawed, but now he also wants everyone to serve him instead to create his utopia. Granted the exact process is unknown yeah, but Zereth Mortis houses the ability to create afterlives so I imagine it's not a far stretch to say his goal is to repurpose it, like how N'zoth wanted to repurpose the reorigination unit in BfA.

It's not at all "vague". He straight up said it in the ending cutscene of BoD. And it was told through the 9.1 quests.

I don't think that's crazy at all, part of why I can't get through FFXIV is how cutscene heavy it is. If Blizzard was to try to force that I'm not sure I'd be able to keep playing myself.
    So why doesn't he just make another sigil since every other one can? What prevents him from doing so?

I am pointing out how poorly the the story is presented. We don't have a solid reason to side with anyone in SL yet. We have the knowledge the maw is a shit after life but that is the extent to why we should care about the fight.

Edit: Actually you don't even need to be special to make a sigil the vent actually just have some joe blow do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Floating islands? Never seen that before

N ever

- - - Updated - - -

But, but...they got new waater! WATER MAN!! WATERRRRR!!!...
    How dare they take inspiration from one of most loved zones in WoW

5+ Year Old Account
    This comment is just gold!

Jake Sengele - 33 minutes ago
    Can't wait till the next expansion where we find out the First Ones were actually created by the Progenitors who were created by the Epocs who were created by the Very First Ones who were created by the Originals. We need to keep diving further into the core of reality itself in the unending search for more content.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Man, Relapses thrives on defending Blizzard's every move.
    It’s true.

On another note, the tier gear looks like leveling gear quality. That’s a real shame, dress up is half the reason to play this. Oh well. Maybe next expansion.
    Mighty one, never forget.

edit: They have actually lost the plot, they're talking about the progenitors creating afterlives... before creating life.
    Yeah I don't get why the shadowlands is now the center of the multiverse now?

Shouldn't the creation place be in like, the life place? Or the chaos place? Or its own pocket dimension?

Shouldn't it be some light v void themed place since thats what the lore used to suggest created the universe.

5+ Year Old Account
    They should just scrap the whole shadowlands lore n make the armored snail the end boss, that would be a million times better lore.

Quote Originally Posted by GratsDing45 View Post
    How dare they take inspiration from one of most loved zones in WoW
    The problem is they boast about how this place is so alien and has its own unique physics.

....and all they have to show for it is some floating stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    Is this constellar gonna die now? Someone has the boss list?! Can I kill this Jailer scum this raid or not! I am getting really angry here!
    The Jailer is the final boss of the raid, so yes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dejiko View Post
    Yeah, as artworks they look decent. As armor in game... quest gear.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Godric View Post
    It’s true.

On another note, the tier gear looks like leveling gear quality. That’s a real shame, dress up is half the reason to play this. Oh well. Maybe next expansion.
    Whatever happend to the next Store Transmog set? I mean it looks so much better than the raid tiers...which makes this a pay-to-look-kewl game...

It got freaking STARS spinning around you...
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2021-11-11 at 08:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    What do you mean "it isn't conclusive"?
    If the timestamp doesn't work, 1:53. "They've created everything we've experienced in Azeroth, Shadowlands, and even realms we haven't discovered yet".
    That's a very definite statement.

The line after is just referring to the intentions/goals.
    How can you state that when it's immediate follow up is "These First One's built the universe, as far as we know,"? A clear statement it's not conclusive. Even the "but their intentions, or methods, are completely unknown." is a separate statement and further suggests they're being inconclusive on their role in the lore and universe in addition to their reason for existing.

Rewatching the part on the Automa all they said was they were created to ensure the process happens. Nothing about when.
    Then I can't help with that. They straight up say they were created in reaction to Zereth Mortis existing and ensuring it was taken care of and functioned when left behind after the First Ones left. It's pretty clear they are communicating that the Automa didn't exist when Zereth Mortis was first created or being used.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Those class sets look... generic and bland. They look like armor sets you find while leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by Log Cabin View Post
    So why doesn't he just make another sigil since every other one can? What prevents him from doing so?

I am pointing out how poorly the the story is presented. We don't have a solid reason to side with anyone in SL yet. We have the knowledge the maw is a shit after life but that is the extent to why we should care about the fight.

Edit: Actually you don't even need to be special to make a sigil the vent actually just have some joe blow do it.
    The domination magic on him I'd imagine. And the fact that he has no covenant behind him actually. That's a bit more speculation but it's pretty easy to figure that the Primus, when he bound the Jailer to the Maw, also bound his ability to recreate his sigil. Supporting evidence would be that even with 4 sigils, the Jailer still couldn't break free of the Maw, he actually had to expand his power so the Maw would grow to cover Oribos. That's how strong the domination runes are that were on him.

Everyone else only made a new sigil out of special circumstances anyway on top of that, it wasn't as if they just hammered together a new one.

And there's an extremely solid reason why to side with the Covenants in Shadowlands, we can't pretend as if we didn't know right off the bat that the Jailer was going to kill Azeroth in his plan.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is like the perfect time for YouTube to not show the Like to Dislike ratio on videos.