Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I am bit confused by this line but its probably just because of the wording.

Zereth Mortis exists for the sole purpose of creating "the Afterlife", all of it. Shadowlands was fashioned there along with many things of the strength of Death that we have yet to discover.

Does this mean of the Shadowlands is artificial and not the "real" realm of Death?
    Sounds like There was nothing before the First Ones. Or that this is the first "world". I think the Shadowlands predates the world of the living. There was Eternity's End. (they refered to Eternity's end as the Beginning of Everything) Then they started making other worlds: the other "afterlives" that weren't afterlives yet, then either the First Ones or the Titans made a layer on top of that: The world of the living. Then the Titans made another layer on top of that: The Emerald Dream
    Last edited by Ersula; 2021-11-11 at 08:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    I was talking more in general about devs not admiting things which cut content ect. falls under
    Im pretty neutral about the thing i feel like raiding is a dead end design in wow anyways, something which also the devs not admit
    Yeah, I thought about saying that it isn't even that I need LFR but that it fills something for me as long as other issues with raiding persist.

Back to the alien thing real quick, since I realized I didn't elaborate so much on what I thought would make things alien other than a couple of brief examples, I'll admit it's a bit hard to pin down. If you sat me in front of a terminal at Blizzard and said "make your own alien environment" I may not have something as it's not really my strong suit to make, but I know I've seen it. I can't remember what it was right now, but I recall playing a different game around the time of Shadowlands' launch and was just blown away by some unexpected things it did visually and the contrast made me realize how conservative World of Warcraft's visual design has become. It's not that I think World of Warcraft looks bad, on the contrary, World of Warcraft itself still surprises me how nice they can make a game from 2004 look (it compares favorably to MMOs released years and years later that remained stagnant) and I think the team does an amazing job with that.

When it comes to something "truly alien" though I want to see things like surreal imagery, strange skies, impossible physics, maybe some M. C. Escher logic. Bastion, Ardenweald, and Revendreth don't really have anything weird besides floating islands, which is pretty basic. Ardenweald looks how I'd expect Ashenvale might have looked at launch if it was made with modern tech. Maldraxxus is decent by basically being a living landscape, which isn't something we've really seen before, and it even has Skinning nodes that solves the animal problem I had. Even there I feel like they could have played it up a bit more, though. There's some bones and hairs in a few places, but most of it just looks like a barren wasteland.
    Last edited by Jokubas; 2021-11-11 at 08:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still no info about PTR?

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Announced after Hall of Fame Sepelchur closes.
    That won't be till May. They got to announce the next expansion before February at the latest or else WoW is dead forever.

Quote Originally Posted by FenixAU View Post
    PTR when?!
    After the holidays

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    That won't be till May. They got to announce the next expansion before February at the latest or else WoW is dead forever.
    I think it'll be probably in that March/April window, so maybe before HoF closes totally but it'll definitely not be anytime before all the Beautiful Guilds are done.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Azxza View Post
    After the holidays
    What holidays?

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    If 10.0 really is a huge revamp/reboot they can afford to sit on their hands a bit because more people will come back regardless, outside of something like WW3 breaking out in that time between expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    Still no info about PTR?
    Ion said "in a few weeks" in one of the interviews released today. So yeah probably after Thanksgiving

Ohhhhh we've got the anti-revamp using their brand new *cough* and shiny *cough* word left and right, next few weeks are gonna be fun. :] Copium this copium that.

On another, more cheerful note, I look forward to discovering how the whole Cypher of the First Ones will work! And to know more about their lore as well-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarel View Post
    where is this background from? hmm
    Almost looks like remastered icecrown or storm peaks mountain.

Quote Originally Posted by Rezzyk View Post
    Ion said "in a few weeks" in one of the interviews released today. So yeah probably after Thanksgiving
    the interview was posted today, but when did it actually take place?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Almost looks like remastered icecrown or storm peaks mountain.
    It's not Icecrown or Storm Peaks, those mountains are way too short and there's nothing in the background.

I honestly think this is just a little set they made for this and the snow isn't a tease of anything, it's just because Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    The implication seems to be The First One created Death and it didn’t exist before then, though this may be a lie. Though we get to see 3D printed prototypes of the Eternal Ones as a raid boss (no joke) so they created apparently everything in SL.
    Interesting. I guess we will have to see how the encounter with Zovaal goes to know more.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlands-is-fake View Post
    I'm not entirely convinced the Arathi and Darkshore revamps were that taxing. The Warfronts, IIRC, were developed by like two guys as a side-project. They probably had some help building the actual zones, of course.

As long as they design these new zones to be fairly empty of content it's fine. It's all about building them. And I think they've been doing it for years.
    Of course it depends on the scope of the project. Azeroth needs more than just a facelift. Look at Hyjal compared to Highmountain. The topography of the old world needs more than just some graphical re-touches to bring it up to 2021 standards.

That said, they just treated as a visual update they could probably get it done with a lot less efforts. While there's a ton of vanilla zones most just re-use the same assets with different textures. But I am not sure that's really want fans want to see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    Ohhhhh we've got the anti-revamp using their brand new *cough* and shiny *cough* word left and right, next few weeks are gonna be fun. :] Copium this copium that.

On another, more cheerful note, I look forward to discovering how the whole Cypher of the First Ones will work! And to know more about their lore as well-
    I think the most damning thing for the anti-revamp crowd at this point is the revamped human buildings. The easy answer for anti-revamping before this was "well at some point we'll go back to Icecrown or Dragonblight." Now we know that isn't the case.

Those buildings are almost certainly now relevant to the next expansion, and that puts a revamp much higher on the list unless we can come up with a new place that Stormwind-style architecture would fit.

7+ Year Old Account
    No need to gaslight me and lie just because you are being a mad hype pr machine, bud, i clearly laid arguments for it

Here i removed even the trigger word for you, if you missed it:
    Yes yes, you see the truth and we are all payed shills. I really wonder why you people activate always during big announcements? Are you all so annoyed that others may be excited for the game?
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didnt you guys did exactly the same thing when uthers tomb was updated in bfa?
    I mean Uther's Tomb was used the exact way it was always going to be used. It revamped the original tomb. I know some people tried to read a deaper meaning into it during the runup to Shadowlands but that's neither here nor there.

Though now we have basically the makings of a new Goldshire. A barn, an inn, and generic houses. Just dropping those in the current Elwynn is possible, but doing only Elwynn would just be weird.

Frankly we're staring down either Stormwind buildings being relevant to our new continent, or a large-scale revamp at least of the enviromental doodads if not the quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I am bit confused by this line but its probably just because of the wording.

Zereth Mortis exists for the sole purpose of creating "the Afterlife", all of it. Shadowlands was fashioned there along with many things of the strength of Death that we have yet to discover.

Does this mean of the Shadowlands is artificial and not the "real" realm of Death?
    It's pretty much been stated that the First Ones created the entire cosmos of WarCraft, so of course they also created the Shadowlands. The only notable point here is that Zereth Mortis is apparently a still active factory for afterlives.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I think it'll be probably in that March/April window, so maybe before HoF closes totally but it'll definitely not be anytime before all the Beautiful Guilds are done.
    But why would they do that? Typically they reveal the name, pre-order & teaser for the next expansion before the last patch is even on the PTR