Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I already quoted you on this several hours ago: this is not true. I don’t know where you get this from, it’s at least not based on the last 10 years of retail.
    I said "typically." Sometimes they're after the ptr but they definitely aren't MONTHS after the raid hits LIVE servers. And some of these dates are wrong. MOP announcement was in October 2011, 4.3 ptr was THE SAME WEEK. And 8.3 didn't get previewed until the January after the Shadowlands announcement: there was no 8.3 content discussed at that Blizzcon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I think it boils down to everything else has been delayed why wouldn't 10.0?
    It's not optimism when I say if Blizzard can release an unfinished expansion, they can definitely announce an unfinished expansion. Remember what they showed with the pre-order of shadowlands? Like 2 second of Kyrians lounging. That was it.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    That would be quite news

So let me get this straight.
    The theory is that they made cata, they public stated multiple times how it fucked them and they dont want do that again. Than, they didnt make 1 but 2 bad expansion because of what, a world revamp?

i guess that is a theory, yeah

I offer you an olive branch and go with slowpokes spring 2023 release instead, sounds like 99% more probable
    I don't get the idea that people are blaming two bad expansions on a behind the scenes revamp, but definitely if they are doing a revamp it goes back at least to BFA's development.

Guarantee you if we see a revamp the new Darkshore and Arathi will look familiar.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    I said "typically." Sometimes they're after the ptr but they definitely aren't MONTHS after the raid hits LIVE servers. And some of these dates are wrong. MOP announcement was in October 2011, 4.3 ptr was THE SAME WEEK. And 8.3 didn't get previewed until the January after the Shadowlands announcement: there was no 8.3 content discussed at that Blizzcon.
    You said typically, but it’s just wrong for the last five expansions. In three cases the last patch was on live servers before the upcoming expansion was announced. In two cases the content patch already hit PTR before the announcement.

8.3 was announced October 7 https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Patch_8.3.0

Shadowlands was announced Nov 1.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2021-11-11 at 09:29 PM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    It's not Icecrown or Storm Peaks, those mountains are way too short and there's nothing in the background.

I honestly think this is just a little set they made for this and the snow isn't a tease of anything, it's just because Blizzard.
    I don't think they would create new assets for no reason. They would have stuck the character in an existing zone. Even if it is just a prop set, it's still new textures. Textures for snow zones in like winter spring and such? Idk. Just seems weird to me. We have been getting hints about a revamp for years. If they aren't doing one they are wasting dev time on stuff like this.

7+ Year Old Account
    Fuck around find out.
    if you trying gonna psychoanalyze me as angry and mad because i dont believe in such stuff like the ever-important world revamp and want to argue it you gonna get it back. Maybe dont start getting mad yourself because of shit theories in a forum lmao. Everyone can see our post exchange you just enganged just because i do not type "WORLD REVAMP AND 9.2. POGGERS"
    Indeed. Everyone can see you loosing your shit while others are looking forward to next patch and expac.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2021-11-11 at 09:34 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    You said typically, but it’s just wrong for the last five expansions. In three cases the last patch was on live servers before the upcoming expansion was announced. In two cases the content patch already hit PTR before the announcement.

8.3 was announced October 7 https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Patch_8.3.0

Shadowlands was announced Nov 1.
    Which is more than half of them, at that. So "typically" is most definitely unfitting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Interesting. I guess we will have to see how the encounter with Zovaal goes to know more.

Of course it depends on the scope of the project. Azeroth needs more than just a facelift. Look at Hyjal compared to Highmountain. The topography of the old world needs more than just some graphical re-touches to bring it up to 2021 standards.

That said, they just treated as a visual update they could probably get it done with a lot less efforts. While there's a ton of vanilla zones most just re-use the same assets with different textures. But I am not sure that's really want fans want to see.
    The warfronts look good enough imo. Sure the mountains still look a little old, but new textures and models for everything would be good enough for me. I'm not expecting bfa or shadowlands level assets. MoP and WoD level stuff would be fine. Even uldum still looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I don't think they would create new assets for no reason. They would have stuck the character in an existing zone. Even if it is just a prop set, it's still new textures. Textures for snow zones in like winter spring and such? Idk. Just seems weird to me. We have been getting hints about a revamp for years. If they aren't doing one they are wasting dev time on stuff like this.
    I think some people tend to forget Kul Tiras was quite snowy aswell. Imo the picture is from the glacier plains at Drustvar

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    I honestly have a hard time believing they would announce the expansion a Month later for this expansion when the entire point of this expansion was to get us to this reset point for 10.0. But, at the same time I guess they could somehow reveal it without actually revealing how we got to this new Azeroth. But, who knows.
    Last edited by Foreign Exchange Ztudent; 2021-11-11 at 09:35 PM.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

The people in this thread discovered a new word recently and trying to get in their quota of using it as much as possible like a young child would usually do?

That word being ''copium''?

It's like when Reddit discovered that ''wholesome'' was a word.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Calls me having a serious mental disease and playing victim, stays here to shit on the game and people that like it, then says this:
    Like, I get it, some people in this thread strongly dislike the current state of the game, and they have their own very valid reasons to do so. But they bring something to the table, they're critics, yes, but constructive ones.

And then we have those who just come to take a dump on anything the development team does, and lose a considerable amount of time and energy attempting to ruin it for others. It just sounds so lonely.

Anyway, I won't dwell any further on that, I'd much rather discuss the game that I enjoy playing than entertain our daily boogeyman.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    The warfronts look good enough imo. Sure the mountains still look a little old, but new textures and models for everything would be good enough for me. I'm not expecting bfa or shadowlands level assets. MoP and WoD level stuff would be fine. Even uldum still looks great.
    Flying around on the PTR taught me one thing in particular.

The biggest problem the Cata revamp had was its trees. They tried to be faithful to the originals and it resulted in them looking bad, especially from above.

That's why the New Cata zones still tend to hold up while the revamp has aged visually.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    I honestly have a hard time believing they would announce the expansion a Month later for this expansion when the entire point of this expansion was to get us to this reset point for 10.0. But, at the same time I guess they could somehow reveal it withiout actually revealing how we got to this new Azeroth. But, who knows.
    We will probably know more once we get access to the raid journal on the PTR! Whatever Zovaal is attempting to do, it will probably be linked to 10.0 and rule in or out a potential world revamp. I hope at least!

So let me get this straight.
    The theory is that they made cata, they public stated multiple times how it fucked them and they dont want do that again. Than, they didnt make 1 but 2 bad expansion because of what, a world revamp?
    True, but if they learned that they shouldn't try to design new endgame zones AND revamp the existing world at the same time, it should be doable: An Azeroth Revamp will probably keep the existing Cata Version of these zones & the new version is just for endgame.

By BFA & Legion expectations, Kalimdor & the Eastern Kingdoms are pretty small.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    They. Don't. Plan. Short. Expansions.

Every expansion has a 22-25 month lifespan. If it's closer to 22 months that just means development went well & they can't plan for that.
    I just said that they might have planned a 4th tier up until launch but scrapped it after that. They didn't get 9.1 out and scrap a whole patch that was half worked on. They probably scrapped it before launch when they realized that they were delayed so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    The people in this thread discovered a new word recently and trying to get in their quota of using it as much as possible like a young child would usually do?

That word being ''copium''?

It's like when Reddit discovered that ''wholesome'' was a word.
    It is exactly what it is, childish behaviour for lack of stronger arguments.
    My little niece (who is three) has a new favourite word every 2/3 weeks that she keeps using in the most random sentences... maybe I should introduce her to "copium". But if I do so it will have to wait until next week, this week it's "petit phoque" (small seal) and it's too adorable to be skipped

Sylvannas will probably die to help us win... we go back to Azeroth and it's taken over by the light and Turalyon's army.

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    I honestly have a hard time believing they would announce the expansion a Month later for this expansion when the entire point of this expansion was to get us to this reset point for 10.0. But, at the same time I guess they could somehow reveal it without actually revealing how we got to this new Azeroth. But, who knows.
    I honestly feel like everyone besides very few is just whelmed by this patch announcement. I haven’t followed the development of retail too much outside of mmoc, but the official forum, Reddit, YouTube - the reactions to the 9.2 announcement are very, very lukewarm.

So an expansion announcement next month sounds like the best they can do to keep players hooked.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alga View Post
    I think some people tend to forget Kul Tiras was quite snowy aswell. Imo the picture is from the glacier plains at Drustvar
    Doesn't look like anything from bfa to me, but maybe I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by PopoJagaimo View Post
    Sylvannas will probably die to help us win... we go back to Azeroth and it's taken over by the light and Turalyon's army.
    Or she dies to safe Anduin.