Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GR8GODZILLAGOD View Post
    The SL dungeon sets honestly look better https://www.wowhead.com/news/shadowl...d-34081-312120
    Let's not go TOO far...

After so many good leveling and dungeon sets in BFA, I don't think I've seen anyone go about mogging the garbage in SL outside of Covenant sets.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    Let's not go TOO far...

After so many good leveling and dungeon sets in BFA, I don't think I've seen anyone go about mogging the garbage in SL outside of Covenant sets.
    Well, I don't see people mogging these new sets either. I don't have much of an opinion on the SL dungeon sets, but I honestly think they're better than this.
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with

Quote Originally Posted by Claritycraft View Post
    these are the most low effort class sets i've ever seen - to compare these to something like the legion sets is pathetic. they actually manage to look even worse than the generic armor type ones we've been getting since bfa.

literally looking like leveling gear. where is the creativity?

-snip-
    Now post them with T1/4/7/9/11/12/14/15/16/18 and delude yourself into thinking they're any better.

The fact that you had to specifically pull two Mythic variants to compare against what is probably the LFR variant should tell you exactly how unreasonable your argument is.

Well, I don't see people mogging these new sets either.
    I would go further for most sets I can't see people using a single piece in a larger mog its such a awful color pallet. I don't really know why they called them tier sets. Would anyone of noticed if these were presented as current armor designs are?

Well, I don't see people mogging these new sets either. I don't have much of an opinion on the SL dungeon sets, but I honestly think they're better than this.
    Oh, I'm in agreement, these are highly disappointing as I've said in this thread and others already.

I'm just saying that the dungeon sets are still bad, probably worse. Pirates, Aztec priests, and C'Thulhu cultists have their place. Who in their right mind was like "Ah, yes, I dream of being an Oribos guard."

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Now post them with T1/4/7/9/11/12/14/15/16/18 and delude yourself into thinking they're any better.

The fact that you had to specifically pull two Mythic variants to compare against what is probably the LFR variant should tell you exactly how unreasonable your argument is.
    I mean design wise T1 is better... graphic wise sure the new sets look better from being 15 years of tech behind them but no design wise these are pretty awful sets. I tried guessing what class each one was and I got 4/12 right.

Granted I guessed the shammy, hunter, and druid sets in the ball part since they had animal elements but these are truly awful designed for representing different classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Log Cabin View Post
    I mean design wise T1 is better... graphic wise sure the new sets look better from being 15 years of tech behind them but no design wise these are pretty awful sets. I tried guessing what class each one was and I got 4/12 right.

Granted I guessed the shammy, hunter, and druid sets in the ball part since they had animal elements but these are truly awful designed for representing different classes.
    And I would add, the tier that was mentioned. Had at least a couple good sets in each of them, some even great (T4 had the Voidheart raiment ffs) . I really can’t say that much for these.
    Last edited by GR8GODZILLAGOD; 2021-11-11 at 11:28 PM.

I tried guessing what class each one was and I got 4/12 right.

I seriously don't understand how. I paused the video first time through and immediately knew what each set was. They are painfully apparent. Most of them pull elements directly from existing class tier sets.

Not gonna lie, they look like upgraded quest rewards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems a mix of Kyrian/First Ones/Trial of Valor.

ah, should've known somebody like you would show up.

allow us to check out the LFR versions of those same sets then:

and yes, "cherry picking" aside, I think any actual tier set in the past looks better than this green leveling armor.

I think @Hitei was talking less about all of those listed tiers and more the individual priest sets in those tiers.

Even then, poor model quality aside, I still would like something more like Prophecy than this one. It has more direct identity relative to the other sets than how similar the other 11 are, even if you can tell what class they belong to.

But again, it doesn't help that a lot of the design elements on these sets in particular carry so, so many similarities to a lot of recent sets (Kyrian, occasional "gold coin-mail" bits from Zandalar sets, Argus questing sets, etc.)

I think another aspect, to be completely fair to the art team, is that people might also be less critical on these if they weren't the first tier set revealed in over 4 years. It's a lot of hype to live up to.

I seriously don't understand how. I paused the video first time through and immediately knew what each set was. They are painfully apparent. Most of them pull elements directly from existing class tier sets.
    In what way? I got the rogue (by chance I was torn on if that was a lock) DK because skull, Priest and dh because of the spikes. The rest I had no clue I don't see the elements you are.

What makes the warlock tier different from the mage? What makes the monk different from the paladin and the warr?

10+ Year Old Account
    Tier sets should emphasise class fantasy first and foremost. Incorporating the raid aesthetic also is a great idea but it should be the secondary concern. They've got it backwards here and it's a disaster for the majority of classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    They all look the same. Not a shadowlands issue, these thematic sets all have that problem. Remember Firelands?
    Aye we've traded orange for gold, but we're all of us samey.

- - - Updated - - -

these are the most low effort class sets i've ever seen - to compare these to something like the legion sets is pathetic. they actually manage to look even worse than the generic armor type ones we've been getting since bfa.

literally looking like leveling gear. where is the creativity?

Ouch, checkmate.

ah, should've known somebody like you would show up.

allow us to check out the LFR versions of those same sets then:

and yes, "cherry picking" aside, I think any actual tier set in the past looks better than this green leveling armor.
    You are kidding yourself if you think that purple garbage is better.

You are extra kidding yourself if you don't think the Shaman set is better than the majority of shaman sets, or that the druid, rogue, paladin and DK aren't in the upper ~25% for their class sets. But sure, keep telling yourself that this is a bad tier and not 11

Or 16

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    Tier sets should emphasise class fantasy first and foremost. Incorporating the raid aesthetic also is a great idea but it should be the secondary concern. They've got it backwards here and it's a disaster for the majority of classes.
    I agree. Their stubborn insistence to make everything "come together" just translates into "same-y". Why does everything HAVE to be visually similar like this? Why can't we get something cool and unique, something that stands out and stands on its own? You know, how class sets used to be in the beginning. Somehow they've slid into this unified aesthetic where you can't tell one from the other, and they feel proud of it. That's just so counterproductive to having a distinct look, which I'd argue is one of the things that actually creates appeal.

snip
    I'm seeing a few sets you showed up there that are astronomically better than any of the new stuff. Can't say it goes the other way.

In what way? I got the rogue (by chance I was torn on if that was a lock) DK because skull, Priest and dh because of the spikes. The rest I had no clue I don't see the elements you are.

What makes the warlock tier different from the mage? What makes the monk different from the paladin and the warr?
    The warlock tier is literally just a First Ones version of warlock tier 8

The mage one has arcing crystals on it just like other iconic mage sets do.

I don't know how you can possibly confuse the monk with anything else. It has both the monk traditional tier "beads", the belt, the crescent helmet decoration seen frequently in asiatic armor, individual armor pieces that are also very asian in nature (see shin guards) and bare feet, an iconic feature of monks in fantasy settings. The warrior focuses on raw bulky armor, the paladin set has holy-looking white clothed draped over it and a kilt like many of the class' early sets.

I'm seeing a few sets you showed up there that are astronomically better than any of the new stuff. Can't say it goes the other way.
    Lmao, okay.

Last edited by Hitei; 2021-11-12 at 12:01 AM.

But like, lets not pretend that bibrant colors wouldnt make these look way better, and muted colors would make older sets look bland. No idea what theyve been doing since Uldir.

Last edited by Amnaught; 2021-11-12 at 12:04 AM.