Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    Repostan from another thread.

zereth mortis is free

Inspired by the ending of Legion I think Sylvanas will be the jailor of the Jailor, keeping him captured after we subdue him with the sigils we make during 9.2. She'll probably wear some sort of helm similar to the Helm of Domination.

Considering the essence that's behing the Jailer's back looking A LOT like Azerite, won't be surprised if his defeat will be like this:

At around 20% of his health, he gets down, but starts to restore his powers. Then, out of nowhere, Mangi calls and somehow teleports the Heart of Azeroth to us. We jump into the Azerite stream and blast the Jailer with the Azerite beam (like with N'Zoth), but with it being MUCH bigger.

I know it's totally outrageous, but I'd love that in this case.

Saw this on Twitter:

Google doc with all plate mogs complete with import codes! PLATE TRANSMOG-O-RAMA

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Requitus View Post
    Saw this on Twitter:

Is this real? How the hell Anduin dies?! How on earth Atoma can be even able to reset the Universe? It’s a constellar’s job!
    Last edited by Progenitor Aquarius; 2021-11-14 at 08:32 AM.

Saw this on Twitter:
    Where did you find that? I mean, it implies quite a LOT of ambitious changes.
    Last edited by Zers Editor; 2021-11-14 at 08:52 AM.

Anduin transcending into a Naaru is improbable, since recently (by that I mean, since Legion) the Naaru have gotten nothing but NEGATIVE spotlight from Blizzard. Xe'ra is shown as a complete fanatic, willing to mentally and physically abuse someone; though admittedly it was for the greater good of the Cosmos.

The AU Xe'ra, or whoever the "Light Mother" is, has sent visions to Yrel, visions of the Golden Army marching across countless worlds, thereby serving as catalyst for the creation of the Lightbound, the fanatical army that has conquered Draenor and subjugated everyone into the faith of the Light.

So the point here is that it would be surprising if Anduin, the golden child, Mr. "I stand against toxic masculinity", were to become a Naaru. Since the Naaru have been shown negatively for years now. And sure there are kind Naaru like A'dal, but really what has he done since TBC? Nothing.

The idea that Genn becomes "King of the Eastern Kingdoms" is laughable. 1) The title doesn't exist 2) He's one of the weakest kings, king of a cursed people that lost their home 3) Turalyon would be the logical "ruler of the EK", as the Regent of Stormwind and the entire Alliance, which is obviously the most powerful force on the continent 4) Genn has a bad history with the Alliance due to leaving them after the Second War, while Turalyon is a war hero and legend of the Alliance, the one who rallied the Seven Kingdoms into an alliance and led the reclamation of Stormwind.

Not a very credible leak at all.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Saw this on Twitter:

Interesting, especially that last part.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Saw this on Twitter:

That's even less believable than the Awakenings leak. It's comically bad, even.

Why would Anduin suddenly turn into a naaru(lol)? Why would the Eternal Ones be content with Sylvanas becoming the new Arbiter after helping to destroy the machine of Death? How would that be penance for genocide? Why would Genn, one of the more aggressive leaders of the Alliance, suddenly sign a peace treaty (Especially since he showed such little faith in the one established at the end of BFA)? Why would he become king of the Eastern Kingdoms when such a title has never existed, and why would Quel'Thalas, or even any other allied kingdoms, agree to it?

Writing it in fancy font that looks vaguely like something they use on official power-points doesn't make it any less ridiculous.

You know what's really egregious to me, not that there aren't many elements of the lore that is problematic that is rightly brought up by many people at this point, is even this simple question being unanswered really pushes your suspension of disbelief. Even though I agree that we should have gotten the Jailer's actual plan explained in game somehow by this point, it is obviously the better way of engaging the players with your story but I get that you want another of that *shock factor* reveal in your very last patch. I completely disagree with it, but I get it.

But we actually should know the history and the background of the Jailer in more detail at this point because we have interacted with every single one of the Pantheon, the "brothers and sisters" of Zovaal as they themselves point out. We talk to these characters at the end of these long ass quest chains, we have the capability to ask questions through npc interactions in the game for a very long time now, but for some reason we can't just ask "So.. who is the Jailer? Who was he before he became imprisoned? Why did he seek "forbidden knowledge"? What was that forbidden knowledge?" The fact that we can't even get basic fucking background on a major villain through use of in-game dialogue that by all accounts should exist, does not exist in the game because Danuser wants to "surprise" us. Wow.

I'm sick of "shock writing" in media at this point. I really am. Fuck GoT for making that mainstream, and the fact that it ended so badly should have taught aspiring writers a few things at this point.
    Last edited by Nraktja; 2021-11-15 at 03:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    Why not use that power in the helm to destroy the scourge? I'll never understand why Bolvar didn't just build big fires and have the scourge immolate themselves.
    The helm has an insidious nature to it and he even said he felt its power inching into him. So while he had control, it was trying to corrupt him and most likely he was dormant initially as it looked like he fused to the throne.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Proudmong View Post

Why would Anduin suddenly turn into a naaru(lol)? Why would the Eternal Ones be content with Sylvanas becoming the new Arbiter after helping to destroy the machine of Death? How would that be penance for genocide? Why would Genn, one of the more aggressive leaders of the Alliance, suddenly sign a peace treaty (Especially since he showed such little faith in the one established at the end of BFA)? Why would he become king of the Eastern Kingdoms when such a title has never existed, and why would Quel'Thalas, or even any other allied kingdoms, agree to it?

Writing it in fancy font that looks vaguely like something they use on official power-points doesn't make it any less ridiculous.
    What genocide did she attempt/do? Stop saying that like seriously. She attacked a military target(the night elf capital) after she tricked a good portion of their defense away. Burning the tree was just to spit in the eye of that elf and she didn't exterminate the night elves so exactly where was the genocide? She killed many sure, but not all or even nearly all. More than half? Maybe, but that's not genocide and genocide by definition often implies intent to wipe out a specific people. She wanted the land as it was a major foothold to getting to Silithus(at least according to what we were doing at the time). If you go by the idea she was simply killing to give souls to the jailer it still wasn't specifically trying to wipe out the night elves as she wouldn't care what souls were sent be it human, night elf, or any alliance(she was still playing the horde so couldn't give up her "people").

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nosnogard View Post
    Inspired by the ending of Legion I think Sylvanas will be the jailor of the Jailor, keeping him captured after we subdue him with the sigils we make during 9.2. She'll probably wear some sort of helm similar to the Helm of Domination.
    That's not what the sigils are for. We use them to travel just like he did. They're basically keys to the zone.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    That's not what the sigils are for. We use them to travel just like he did. They're basically keys to the zone.
    Oh really? I'm not much into the Shadowlands lore atm, so I'll take your word for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Proudmong View Post

It's believeable.. the lore recently hasn't been that hot
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    It's believeable.. the lore recently hasn't been that hot
    Well given the fact that Genn was not interested in claiming the Throne, by his own account to Shaw and the nobility basicallyunanimously voting in Turalyon as Regent Lord of Stormwind it's very unlikely.

(Not even getting into the whole Andunaaru and Sylvarbiter things, which have their own distinct cans of worms)

Can't wait for Magni to intervene at the end of our fight with the Jailer (with his health at 10% or smth), transporting the Heart of Azeroth to us, so we could jump into the Azerite stream and blast the Jailer with the power beam (like N'Zoth, but with the beam being MASSIVELY bigger).

You can't say Danuser (or whoever from the current narration team) wouldn't do that.
    Last edited by Zers Editor; 2021-11-15 at 07:26 PM.

Saw this on Twitter:

this sucks SO MUCH MORE than what i imagined, it might just be real.
    everything in there sounds exactly like stuff blizz would actually shit out these days
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    I fail to see how a conclusion like this above leak describes is the proper culmination of the "threads that began all the way back in Warcraft 3"

Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    this sucks SO MUCH MORE than what i imagined, it might just be real.
    everything in there sounds exactly like stuff blizz would actually shit out these days
    This leak implies REALLY big changes within the game going forward, though (world revamp, no less in scale). I doubt Blizzard would go for that, considering tons of resources it'd cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosnogard View Post
    Oh really? I'm not much into the Shadowlands lore atm, so I'll take your word for it.
    Zovaal was basically the original Arbiter and his sigil was given to the mechanical one that was in Oribos. He originally got banished because he suggested they use their sigils together to get there(why would it be forbidden if they had access which once again seems to prove he's right) to fix the flawed system. They took his away and decided to create an arbiter to replace him that would be devoid of emotion. He took the others' sigils first then reclaimed his own and used it to open the gate to Zereth Mortis.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    I fail to see how a conclusion like this above leak describes is the proper culmination of the "threads that began all the way back in Warcraft 3"
    .....I fail to see how people keep cherry picking how to read the statements he made. You get people like you implying it would be a culmination of all the threads which it isn't. You get people claiming he said he closes a chapter of the first book which he didn't he said A book. Basically what he was implying was most likely it's the end of Sylvanas and some other things that date back to WC3, but not all things. End doesn't imply she'll die, but we probably won't be seeing her again.

The leak is majorly fake. There's absolutely no reason for Anduin to become a naaru. The whole braying donkeys screaming "oh that'd be right since SL lore is so bad" are just sheep spewing the same stuff they heard a streamer say.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zers Editor View Post
    Can't wait for Magni to intervene at the end of our fight with the Jailer (with his health at 10% or smth), transporting the Heart of Azeroth to us, so we could jump into the Azerite stream and blast the Jailer with the power beam (like N'Zoth, but with the beam being MASSIVELY bigger).

You can't say Danuser (or whoever from the current narration team) wouldn't do that.
    Stolen from Reddit from yesterday or this morning.....

But hey if Danuser would do it, Metzen would have done it 20 times as Metzen was more of the "ermagerd hype worship meeeeeee" lore guy that didn't even know his own lore and his self absorbed nature caused him to spew off things at Blizzcon and on Twitter that did more damage to lore than any current writer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sighy View Post
    Well given the fact that Genn was not interested in claiming the Throne, by his own account to Shaw and the nobility basicallyunanimously voting in Turalyon as Regent Lord of Stormwind it's very unlikely.

(Not even getting into the whole Andunaaru and Sylvarbiter things, which have their own distinct cans of worms)
    Exactly. There is no reason that Sylvanas would ever become the Arbiter. The Accuser's replacement if the Accuser became the Arbiter? Maybe, but there's no way Ardenweald would allow her in that position.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    But hey if Danuser would do it, Metzen would have done it 20 times as Metzen was more of the "ermagerd hype worship meeeeeee" lore guy that didn't even know his own lore and his self absorbed nature caused him to spew off things at Blizzcon and on Twitter that did more damage to lore than any current writer.
    The creator of the lore did more damage to it than the people currently tearing it down. Sure, whatever you say, Steve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/