Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Agreed. They kept talking about how "alien" the new zone but it looked ordinary.

Shadowlands has had a problem with creative bankruptcy. While conceptually, the new zones being floating islands in another dimension is cool, the actual zones themselves aren't very imaginative. Bastion is Greece. Ardenweald is... what? Our 7th zone rehashing Night Elf aesthetics? Maldraxxus is yet another scourge plague zone. Revendreth is vampires. The Maw and Korthia are uninteresting, barren grey landscapes. And now Zereth Mortis is just Eonar's garden, which we had already seen twice before in Ulduar and Antorus. The last really imaginative zones we got were Argus and Nazjatar.
    Steve also seems to think his garbage story is "enthralling and original", when it's just generic trash. The Jailer is a Generic Doomsday Villian that appears to have just been pulled out of someone's rear end. The Shadowlands crap isn't "continuing threads going back to Warcraft 3", it's a giant retcon to EVERYTHING that renders all the older stories meaningless. It's some of the worst writing I've ever seen. Not THE worst writing I've ever seen, but it's top 5 worst. Redeeming Sylvanas at this point is absolutely unforgivable too. Up until BFA, redeeming her was possible. But now? She's a mass murderer, that commits genocide for fun. YOU CAN'T REDEEM THAT. If they redeem Sylvanas then it just proves that NO actions have consequence. Might as well redeem Deathwing while we're at it...he was just misunderstood. And Malygos...he didn't mean it honest. And Garithos...who cares if he was a racist twat, everything is forgiven.

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.p...oomsdayVillain
    https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.p...leaFromNowhere
    Last edited by Stormspark; 2021-11-12 at 12:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    The tier sets are the most egregious failure to me. It's shocking how homogeneous and unidentifiable they are. Creatively bankrupt.
    Comparing the new sets to the sets the OP linked, the only difference I see between telling the classes apart is the color. The new sets at least have somewhat of a unique actual style to them that is consistent with the class theme while those old tier sets look more like what you're describing. Your hate seems to be what is blinding your actual vision if that's what you think when shown the old tier sets the OP linked compared to the new one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspark View Post
    Steve also seems to think his garbage story is "enthralling and original", when it's just generic trash. The Jailer is a Generic Doomsday Villian that appears to have just been pulled out of someone's rear end. The Shadowlands crap isn't "continuing threads going back to Warcraft 3", it's a giant retcon to EVERYTHING that renders all the older stories meaningless. It's some of the worst writing I've ever seen. Not THE worst writing I've ever seen, but it's top 5 worst.

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.p...oomsdayVillain
    https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.p...leaFromNowhere
    Ah another person who hasn't played the game pulling tropes out of thin air only proving that they didn't read quests or watch videos or just did a base glance at them. The Jailer definitely had more depth planned unless they actually do flesh out what's going on here. But hey let's link "doomsday villain" when people like you are mad you didn't get your villain speech so you don't understand what's happening....

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Art team "we gonna make this water really weird n alien, by....making it blue n wet!" totally not something you would expect of water...

Meanwhile on Argus, you got those crazy swirly pools...that looks at the same time a portal into the Void...
    Meanwhile, the rest of Eredath is just reused assets mixed with some new ones and a 2D skybox.

- - - Updated - - -

The fandom has given feedback on expansions they wanted to see.

• Emerald Dream/Nightmare
    • Argus
    • Azshara
    • Old gods

Blizzard casually threw those expansion ideas away in a single patch.

People are still clamoring for:

• The other side of Azeroth
    • The Underground
    • Undermine
    • The Dragon Isles
    • Post-timeskip EK and Kalimdor

But Blizzard will more than likely go with their Light vs Void war as the next expansion.

The only time the fandom sorta got an expansion they asked for was BFA, which was sorta a South Seas expansion that gave us Kul'Tiras and Zandalar. Sadly it did not give us Undermine.
    Considering this is the end of Part 1 of the Warcraft Saga, you couldn’t be more wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Hell, we’ve only just started looking into the First Ones stuff. We’ll likely explore more of it during the Light and Shadow plotlines.

Yeah I also thought it was overall pretty bland. we didn't see much of course, but I didn't see anything exciting in there.
    basically any zone in outlands is more interesting and alien than this. and I'm not even talking about reused assets of which there are a ton, but the art direction as a whole just doesn't seem very good
    and that one of the non-gameplay problems I, personally, have with the Shadowlands. the zones don't feel like Warcraft; not in a good way, "oh, this really looks like it could be an out-of-place in-universe zone" way, but in a bad, "this feels like it belongs in a chinese MMO" way.
    Last edited by guisadop; 2021-11-12 at 01:22 AM.
    ...that's just my opinion, anyway.

All of this cosmological stuff is too boring for me. I'd like to get Warcraft back, please. my thing is killing defias and orcs.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    Meanwhile, the rest of Eredath is just reused assets mixed with some new ones and a 2D skybox.
    I was talking about pools in mac'aree, not the zones, which most didn't like, I wanted a planet, not 3 boring zones.

That Blonde girl talking about floating trees and rocks, Im like "Bitch you even play this game?"

- - - Updated - - -

Considering this is the end of Part 1 of the Warcraft Saga, you couldn’t be more wrong.
    What? Who said this? How does this make sense?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    That Blonde girl talking about floating trees and rocks, Im like "Bitch you even play this game?"
    Nagrand, Argus, Netherstorm

tbh, i am not impressed now. its okay. just okay. thats it. as ppl said, art team did better stuff in past (for what i saw in the video). but its okay. its not dark maw again. its just okay.

Hell, we’ve only just started looking into the First Ones stuff. We’ll likely explore more of it during the Light and Shadow plotlines.
    If you believe that this was sincerely planned and executed as a "Part 1" of some grand design just because they said so in a video released today, I have a bridge to sell you. Obviously stories change and retcons happen across multiple writers and multiple decades. However, putting together such a baffling and awkward story and then pretending it was something delicately tethered across the game's history since WC3 means I have a lot of fears for any "Part 2" and evidently many feel the same.

If you still believe that the First Ones stuff is compelling and not just a complete backpedal and replacement on Titan shit from the last 15 years, you have shit taste on top of it. With any luck this is the last we'll hear about them because it answers too many questions and poisons any story surrounding it by its sheer force of power.

Was it you who was also Argustheunmaker back in the day or whatever? Do you just instantly like any new neat looking toy in front of you?

EDIT: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post47608184

Yup, it was you! Bringing DBZ-esque power level talk into this bullshit. Fuck the First Ones and the teenager nonsense they court.
    Last edited by Vakir; 2021-11-12 at 01:25 AM.

The have hiring quotas now so they are bound to hire talentless people to fill them up. Last time I really loved their art was Legion with Suramar as a pinnacle.

People are still clamoring for:

• The other side of Azeroth
    LOL, seriously? Are they?

That's been debunked over, and over again. There isn't "the other side" of Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    LOL, seriously? Are they?

That's been debunked over, and over again. There isn't "the other side" of Azeroth.
    Yeah, can't we watch the rotation on Argus long enough to see there isn't really one?

It's still undefined in terms of the landmasses but there's clearly not an entire other half of the sphere.

Blizzard is genuinely better off setting stories in pre-established locations that change and have other events occurring within them, not even necessarily as a full revamp, as they did with parts of BFA (only written well). Constantly setting things up to be in some NEW BIG AWESOME ISLAND CONTINENT makes the game feel more separated and small.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey There Guys its Metro View Post

Honestly, all you need to do is go log on Classic and compare it to Shadowlands.
    So I should log into a 17year old game to appreciate the content made today. Gotcha! That doesn't speaks lengths about the quality they are making today that's a full fledged poem. Yaikes.

I get it they lack ideas and they have to reuse stuff, I understand that they don't have the time nor the will to create new skeletons for new creatures.

What bothers me is that people complained about Armor type sets having no class fantasy and for looking bland and their solution are these tier sets that you have guess what class they are representing. The art team and the raid design were the last things they could still provide with quality, clearly the art is gone now too.

It's annoying that they hyped the announcement on social media and they made a video with basically 0 relevant information about the patch and where it had some little bits info it was already inaccurate, e.g. the updated soulbinds.

It shows how much of a house on fire they are when you have 2 different versions of the same info in 2 different interviews released today. Such as, one of them saying that the molds of the double lego was still waiting for feedback to whether they would allow 2 random legendaries or if one had to be from the covenant while in another interview we get Ion saying for a fact it will be 1 covenant legendary and a random one.

It is what it is...

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    The tier sets are the most egregious failure to me. It's shocking how homogeneous and unidentifiable they are. Creatively bankrupt.
    He actually could've gotten a good joke in there by mix n matching the class set names under each pic. You could swap Paladin and Warrior, Priest, Mage, and Warlock, Rogue and Hunter, and Shaman, Druid, and Hunter and noone that knows better would be able to tell the difference really (with the exceptions of the helms for Rogue/Hunter and the fact that Hunter has pants for the Shaman/Druid/Hunter combo). But the Warrior combo literally looks like top is Holy and bottom is Prot Paladin. Fans could've designed better armor sets, I have no idea how those got past the sniff test when they were still on paper, let alone modeled into the game. Personal opinion on them though: They don't even look particularly epic eiither.
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Know what would make floating set pieces interesting? Flying.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    If you believe that this was sincerely planned and executed as a "Part 1" of some grand design just because they said so in a video released today, I have a bridge to sell you. Obviously stories change and retcons happen across multiple writers and multiple decades. However, putting together such a baffling and awkward story and then pretending it was something delicately tethered across the game's history since WC3 means I have a lot of fears for any "Part 2" and evidently many feel the same.

If you still believe that the First Ones stuff is compelling and not just a complete backpedal and replacement on Titan shit from the last 15 years, you have shit taste on top of it. With any luck this is the last we'll hear about them because it answers too many questions and poisons any story surrounding it by its sheer force of power.

Was it you who was also Argustheunmaker back in the day or whatever? Do you just instantly like any new neat looking toy in front of you?

Yup, it was you! Bringing DBZ-esque power level talk into this bullshit. Fuck the First Ones and the teenager nonsense they court.
    I was Argus actually, hell I even confirm it myself. And yes I do like exploring the Cosmos. It’s fun. Also, if you think the First Ones replace the Titan narrative, you don’t know what you’re talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post

Come on, leave him alone. When you are invested as much as he is into this 'Story' it has to be good and make sense otherwise he has wasted so much energy over the years. WoW is and always pretty much has been awful when it comes to writing a compelling story, no shame in that. Best to just leave the zealots alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    What? Who said this? How does this make sense?
    Steve I think, tho he words it different multiple times so it’s confusing. But to say this is the end of Book One can still make sense, as it ends all the established plotlines from the RTS games, and only leaves us with plotlines set up later in WoW, or have yet to be set up. Hell, we haven’t even seen the First Ones yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Very rare pepe View Post
    Come on, leave him alone. When you are invested as much as he is into this 'Story' it has to be good and make sense otherwise he has wasted so much energy over the years. WoW is and always pretty much has been awful when it comes to writing a compelling story, no shame in that. Best to just leave the zealots alone.
    What’s with this weird echo chamber going on here? I’m right here.

- - - Updated - - -

No need to shit talk me behind my back. I am very capable of debating the both of you blindfolded.

Steve I think, tho he words it different multiple times so it’s confusing. But to say this is the end of Book One can still make sense, as it ends all the established plotlines from the RTS games, and only leaves us with plotlines set up later in WoW, or have yet to be set up. Hell, we haven’t even seen the First Ones yet.

- - - Updated - - -

What’s with this weird echo chamber going on here? I’m right here.

- - - Updated - - -

No need to shit talk me behind my back. I am very capable of debating the both of you blindfolded.
    What is being debated, that WoW lore is shit? Sounds about as productive as debating whether the sky is blue.