Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Uther and Tyrande interactions with Sylvanas.

Uther - apparently a “mentor” (because his mentoring did SO much good for Arthas!). Sylvanas also confirmed to be goodest girl now, she wuz tricked and it was all cause of her split soul. Guess rest of the Horde also had their souls split while they slept or something. Maybe barbers in Orgrimmar were secretly Dreadlords or Mawsworn and stole cuts of their souls while working.

“In fact, [Uther] can serve as something of a guide for her through that process; he had no one to help guide him, but Uther understands what it is like to go through something like that, and you’ll see how maybe he can help guide Sylvanas through those treacherous waters.”

Tyrande - “heavy” interactions aka “talk angrily to be shown as a fool while others forgive her”.

“I would say those two figures have a lot to – I don’t know if ‘resolve’ is the right word, because can you ever resolve something that happens on the scale of an entire civilization nearly being wiped out? There is going to be some very heavy interaction between those characters, and that is pivotal to the final conclusion of how ‘Eternity’s End’ and the Shadowlands saga wraps up.”

Also night elves being “nearly wiped out” confirms that they were indeed reduced to almost nothing apparently. So those nay sayers who claimed that “refugees in Stormwind were most of their civilians saved” were wrong, as i said.

Blizz being their good old insane selves and acting like they dont get it why people are so bent out of shape by this plot is just extra cherry on top.

- - - Updated - - -

Also look! https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...&utm_term=link Whos that all non-evil and free in the background ?
    Last edited by VladlTutushkin; 2021-11-12 at 02:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I don't think that image really confirms anything yet, and Uther trying to mentor Sylvanas through the change may well be more about using Sylvanas as an intelligence asset more than any charitable concern about her well-being. I'm personally quite interested to see what Tyrande and Sylvanas have to say to one another now that Tyrande is no longer driven by the Night Warrior's rage and Sylvanas is in full possession of herself once more. I doubt forgiveness is going to factor into it, but who can really say?

You seem way too quick to prejudge what's happening here based on a single image without context.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I don't think that image really confirms anything yet, and Uther trying to mentor Sylvanas through the change may well be more about using Sylvanas as an intelligence asset more than any charitable concern about her well-being. I'm personally quite interested to see what Tyrande and Sylvanas have to say to one another now that Tyrande is no longer driven by the Night Warrior's rage and Sylvanas is in full possession of herself once more. I doubt forgiveness is going to factor into it, but who can really say?

You seem way too quick to prejudge what's happening here based on a single image without context.
    Which image is this?

As long as she lives what does it matter? Her death was the sole fair judgement for what she did. Now she gets to be mentired by Uther and discover “good side” of herself.

What it solves? What it helps? Its bullshit.

If she is allowed to live on a basis of “tell us all you know” then i guess it works. But i doubt they will put her into the ground after that.

Also dont kid yourself if you think Tyrande will achieve anything aside from MAYBE impotent growling and at worst forgiveness and tears.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    Which image is this?
    The image of Sylvanas alongside Jaina and Uther in the 9.2 raid:

"We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.

I'm not going to lie, I originally thought that was a void elf

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    As long as she lives what does it matter? Her death was the sole fair judgement for what she did. Now she gets to be mentired by Uther and discover “good side” of herself.

What it solves? What it helps? Its bullshit.

If she is allowed to live on a basis of “tell us all you know” then i guess it works. But i doubt they will put her into the ground after that.

Also dont kid yourself if you think Tyrande will achieve anything aside from MAYBE impotent growling and at worst forgiveness and tears.
    I mean I also wanted her to die, but I've resigned myself to the notion that she's going to get some kind of inane redemption arc due to the events in the SoD raid. But that doesn't necessarily mean she's going to be coddled or respected - the fact that she's been stripped of her armor and weapons implies that they don't trust her (and with good reason).

I hold out some hope that Tyrande will show some ferocity, as well. I don't expect Tyrande to kill her, though I wouldn't be opposed to it if it were by some chance to happen. I would appreciate Tyrande getting the chance to bitch-slap her across a room, though; before her allies restrain her out of fear.

I mean I also wanted her to die, but I've resigned myself to the notion that she's going to get some kind of inane redemption arc due to the events in the SoD raid. But that doesn't necessarily mean she's going to be coddled or respected - the fact that she's been stripped of her armor and weapons implies that they don't trust her (and with good reason).

I hold out some hope that Tyrande will show some ferocity, as well. I don't expect Tyrande to kill her, though I wouldn't be opposed to it if it were by some chance to happen. I would appreciate Tyrande getting the chance to bitch-slap her across a room, though; before her allies restrain her out of fear.
    And then whats the point?

Why for example a night elf fan or Alliance fan would go further into the game?

If she lives and gets to be some “not entirely forgiven” hero then why should we care?

She, Uther and Jaina got it covered. Alliance players may as we go back to Azeroth and retire at this point.

And especially night elves. What is the “hook” keeping us in the game? What should we look forward to? Tyrande MAYBE hitting Sylvanas once (although i doubt it will happen)?

Only thing that may work here if they make Sylvanas be broken by guilt and beg Tyrande to kill her or forgive her. But i know they wont. Only pansy nelf women allowed to be pitiful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium

If she lives and gets to be some “not entirely forgiven” hero then why should we care?

She, Uther and Jaina got it covered. Alliance players may as we go back to Azeroth and retire at this point.

And especially night elves. What is the “hook” keeping us in the game? What should we look forward to? Tyrande MAYBE hitting Sylvanas once (although i doubt it will happen)?

Only thing that may work here if they make Sylvanas be broken by guilt and beg Tyrande to kill her or forgive her. But i know they wont. Only pansy nelf women allowed to be pitiful.
    That's not a question I can answer for you - you either answer it for yourself, or you stop following the story due to lack of care. From my vantage point, I don't really see much of a compelling reason for either Horde or Alliance partisans to soldier on if faction pride is their sole "hook" for continuing to play. I'd actually prefer to see the factions almost completely abolished and not have to worry about another rehashed faction war plot - especially since their effect on the game's story has been a net negative since Cata.

As for Sylvanas, as I said I don't expect for them to kill her off now - that particular ship seems to have sailed, more's the pity. But I'd still appreciate a token gesture in recognition Tyrande's grievances if nothing else. I'm not really a Night Elf fan myself, either; so I can't really speak to their or your particular desires for the story as a whole.

There never was one, the entire thing was pointless from the get go and could be spotted from miles away.

The sooner you realize, blizz writes a very cheap reactionary style, the easier it becomes to predict most of their storytelling.

That's not a question I can answer for you - you either answer it for yourself, or you stop following the story due to lack of care. From my vantage point, I don't really see much of a compelling reason for either Horde or Alliance partisans to soldier on if faction pride is their sole "hook" for continuing to play. I'd actually prefer to see the factions almost completely abolished and not have to worry about another rehashed faction war plot - especially since their effect on the game's story has been a net negative since Cata.

As for Sylvanas, as I said I don't expect for them to kill her off now - that particular ship seems to have sailed, more's the pity. But I'd still appreciate a token gesture in recognition Tyrande's grievances if nothing else. I'm not really a Night Elf fan myself, either; so I can't really speak to their or your particular desires for the story as a whole.
    Its not about “pride”. Pride is asking for something grand or incredible.

At this point plot offers Alliance players a bowl of expired dog food and night elves also have to eat after all other fans had their fill.

Its not some “pride”, we talking basic decency now, simplest forms of self respect and human dignity.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Any thing less then tyranda killing her would be a travesty in pretty much every sense, but a travesty is what we’re going to get.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

10+ Year Old Account

is that.......is that sylvanas on the far right?
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    It is supposed to be, yes. Although it's not been officially confirmed, I don't think.

10+ Year Old Account

you need to let go man. and i dont mean this sarcastically. I was a huge defender of the lore until BfA happened. And then I was kinda meh. now i dont even care. I would recommend doing the same. Its going to go on regardless of your critique because blizzard keeps spamming "i think we did a great job" "we are so proud of ourselves" every 3rd second in that 11 min video. Might as well just detach and enjoy the game for something else.

- - - Updated - - -

It is supposed to be, yes. Although it's not been officially confirmed, I don't think.
    oh.............man.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    Her. Thats not a void elf and if you have good resolution you can see her face.

Has it been published anywhere that that's the situation there or are you going on a doom and gloom tangent? (again)

Simple explanation as to why they don't just put her in the ground is that she knows something, which cannot be simply explained through an exposition dump and is essential to their success, in opposition to the Jailer. Also basic torn up clothes are usually meant to communicate that a character is eating humble pie, if not outright downtrodden so it's not like they're daft enough to have her go on a hugging spree, with everyone suddenly seeing how incredibly wrong they were to doubt her. (*ahem* like Illidan *ahem*)

Practically speaking Blizzard showing some respect to characters that carried their god damned franchise for the past 20 years would be nice for a change, before they inevitably get put on the shelf until further notice. Sylvanas getting unceremoniously fed to tyrande was never going to happen, for all kinds of out of game reasons so expecting that was only ever gonna lead to disappointment, but there are a great many things they could have and should have done for both of the characters, before their eventual confrontation, which had been blown already.

Quote Originally Posted by sighy View Post
    Has it been published anywhere that that's the situation there or are you going on a doom and gloom tangent? (again)

Simple explanation as to why they don't just put her in the ground is that she knows something, which cannot be simply explained through an exposition dump and is essential to their success, in opposition to the Jailer. Also basic torn up clothes are usually meant to communicate that a character is eating humble pie, if not outright downtrodden so it's not like they're daft enough to have her go on a hugging spree, with everyone suddenly seeing how incredibly wrong they were to doubt her. (*ahem* like Illidan *ahem*)

Practically speaking Blizzard showing some respect to characters that carried their god damned franchise for the past 20 years would be nice for a change, before they inevitably get put on the shelf until further notice. Sylvanas getting unceremoniously fed to tyrande was never going to happen, for all kinds of out of game reasons so expecting that was only ever gonna lead to disappointment, but there are a great many things they could have and should have done for both of the characters, before their eventual confrontation, which had been blown already.
    Tyrande and night elves also “carried” the plot for a while. Hell, night elf players are apparently were 40% of Alliance players and second most popular Alliance race according to charts.

And its not a tangent its literally quotes from devs about 9.2.

And night elves as a race shouldnt have being “fed” to Sylvanas and the Horde for a multitude of reasons. Yet it happened all the same.

So rules for me but not for thee i guess? Are you paying something extra? You know, if horde players ready to pay 30 bucks instead of 15 per month so Alliance can only buy expansions then by all means - do whatever you want to any of our characters without repercussions and have fun with it.

“Some respect” - listen to yourself for fucks sake.

Tyrande and night elves also “carried” the plot for a while. Hell, night elf players are apparently were 40% of Alliance players and second most popular Alliance race according to charts.

And its not a tangent its literally quotes from devs about 9.2.

And night elves as a race shouldnt have being “fed” to Sylvanas and the Horde for a multitude of reasons. Yet it happened all the same.

So rules for me but not for thee i guess? Are you paying something extra? You know, if horde players ready to pay 30 bucks instead of 15 per month so Alliance can only buy expansions then by all means - do whatever you want to any of our characters without repercussions and have fun with it.

“Some respect” - listen to yourself for fucks sake.
    My statement was a general one about all the long standing big name characters. And I've been quite outspoken in my criticisms of the start of the expansion plot twist 2 electric boogaloo, for a veriety of reasons, but tbh i got tired of discussing the damned thing before it even happened. To nobody's surprise it was a narratively hollow marketing ploy they used to seel you on an entirely different expansion, in comparison to what we got.

(And if we're being entirely honest the FFXIV exodus was more thanks to Blizz fucking up every single system of the expansion than subverting our expectations)

Only things we do know are that Sylvanas will take part in Anduin encounter and that she is on a collision course with Tyrande. There is room for nuance, if that's the "Story they want to tellTM", but frankly at this point killing Sylvanas will jsut piss off the people that actually care about Sylvanas, while team blue keeps whining about their victories feeling hollow or whatever as usual shifting their goalposts to something else. I don't see any gain in Blizz pulling the trigger here outside of Tyrande dooming the universe by being framed as completely retarded.(Mannfred von Carstein's final moments from WH Fantasy: End Times come to mind)

Quote Originally Posted by sighy View Post
    My statement was a general one about all the long standing big name characters. And I've been quite outspoken in my criticisms of the start of the expansion plot twist 2 electric boogaloo, for a veriety of reasons, but tbh i got tired of discussing the damned thing before it even happened. To nobody's surprise it was a narratively hollow marketing ploy they used to seel you on an entirely different expansion, in comparison to what we got.

(And if we're being entirely honest the FFXIV exodus was more thanks to Blizz fucking up every single system of the expansion than subverting our expectations)

Only things we do know are that Sylvanas will take part in Anduin encounter and that she is on a collision course with Tyrande. There is room for nuance, if that's the "Story they want to tellTM", but frankly at this point killing Sylvanas will jsut piss off the people that actually care about Sylvanas, while team blue keeps whining about their victories feeling hollow or whatever as usual shifting their goalposts to something else. I don't see any gain in Blizz pulling the trigger here outside of Tyrande dooming the universe by being framed as completely retarded.(Mannfred von Carstein's final moments from WH Fantasy: End Times come to mind)
    I would have said who you are and what your takes are but i dont want to get banned… at the moment at least.

So yeah, your takes are very wrong, miss the mark and do not speak justly about Alliance fans and their reaction. Neither they represent the plot and they are heavily skewed towards the Horde without doubt.

You are being more disingenuous in this post then a rub of the mill politician on debates.

Killing her would have angered her “fans” which are not even whole Horde. Letring her live and giving her hamfisted redemption will piss off entire Alliance who was riled up endlessly by her actions and those horde fans who dont like her getting off the hook after she dragged the faction through another attempt at genocidal world conquest. You heavily overestimating her fanbase size.

And i dont care if you got tired of discussing BfA prepatch, because it is still there. If she and her fans are so incredibly valuable and should have their cake and eat it, then why night elf fans, Alliance fans, Tyrande fans and non-genocidal Horde fans are not entitled to the same treatment?

You cant throw this part out just because you dont like it. If she gets her redemption Blizzard should offer equally satisfying resolution to Alliance and the night elves specifically.