Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by damonskye View Post
    No, because I don't have to justify having an opinion based upon personal real-world interactions to you or the other guy. I just know how things are in the gaming industry in general because of friends here in town who do development in MMO and FPS gaming as well as mobile gaming (we live in L.A.) But you don't have to believe me... pretty much everyone in the industry talks about the more-for-less approach of Activision these days, so feel free to check for yourself. Believe me, don't believe me, entirely your call.

And by the way, maybe y'all should be asking the actual important questions, which is... why can't Blizzard put out regular WoW content like other games? That's the $64 million question.
    Well he does have a point. Blizzard has 574 openings according to their hiring page. 9 "game designer roles" just on the wow team. Maybe they have high standards? Maybe nobody wants to work for them? Maybe they like to post job openings with no intention of filling them?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    The team wants to move to a world where players have new content to consume more frequently.

You don't have to move to another world just do your job.... leading the team to have more content ready in more short times....
    less drinking, less taking breaks would help...

Watching this reveal just makes me want to play darksiders. Art style is too similar, at least darksiders has a good story though.
    If you ever wonder how dumb people really are then consider this: even in the golden age of smart heals dumb people still find ways to die.

The team wants to move to a world where players have new content to consume more frequently.

^ This will make the game worse.

Also lol at the lvl 60 boost. Like what? U kidding right?

Quote Originally Posted by javierdsv View Post

^ This will make the game worse.

Also lol at the lvl 60 boost. Like what? U kidding right?
    They've opened up max level boost during the last patch of every expansion since they began doing leveling boosts.

This patch is just further evidence that they don't fucking listen to community feedback. I'm really convinced they're trying to bury WoW at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Chakah View Post
    Because they spent a lot of time developing all of those and (almost) no one uses them?
    If they can't *make* you use them, then they were wasting their development time... /eyes rolling like a slot machine

Such a player-unfriendly choice.... Seems like they have still not learned their lesson.
    That decision benefits some specs so much more than others. Some specs get absolutely fucked by this as the covenant legendaries don't do shit, like enhanc shaman m+, dk tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    That decision benefits some specs so much more than others. Some specs get absolutely fucked by this as the covenant legendaries don't do shit, like enhanc shaman m+, dk tanks.
    It's easier to tune around everyone having the covenant legendaries though compared to every possible combination of legendaries.

Granted, that hopes that they buff the underperforming ones.

Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    "We're walking on water for some reason" This is the creative team behind WoW now...water walking...this is what diversity hires gets you.
    I'm pretty much in the anti woke camp thinking woke people just lack the little grey cells between their ears that the rest of us has. But what you're saying is kinda stretching it.

Quote Originally Posted by varren View Post
    That's a wrap. Finally two bad expansions in a row.

and oh my god is the lore in this game fucking trash or what. No idea how anyone could possibly care about that aspect at this point.
    Have never cared about lore. I play wow for raiding and later m+ / dungeons. And always has. Never read any quests.
    And this is why, even under the worst expos, i've enjoyed it because raiding has never been a let down (sure, some exceptions bosses but not gonna nitpick that hard).
    And majority i know, doesn't care about lore either outside of cinematics.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    I'm pretty much in the anti woke camp thinking woke people just lack the little grey cells between their ears that the rest of us has. But what you're saying is kinda stretching it.
    Probably the worst thing you could complain about. What does walking on water have to do with being woke and diversity hire?

I think walking on water pvp battles will be interesting
    Last edited by GratsDing45; 2021-11-12 at 04:09 AM.

Lmao

“We always planned for it to be only 3 content patches.”

OOOKAYY BLIZz wink wink

Quote Originally Posted by GratsDing45 View Post

I think walking on water pvp battles will be interesting
    What? Why would it play out in any possible way different to "on land" when very clearly it's a texture change (in simple terms). But even then.....what? Seriously what does the look of the ground have to do with pvp?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kiramon View Post
    Lmao

“We always planned for it to be only 3 content patches.”

OOOKAYY BLIZz wink wink
    Not only that, they ALWAYS planned for these story lines, since as far back as warcraft rts. They said it, so it's obviously true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    It's easier to tune around everyone having the covenant legendaries though compared to every possible combination of legendaries.

Granted, that hopes that they buff the underperforming ones.
    Wasn't a problem for Legion. And no, they won't tune the current ones, why would they?

That's just lazy design, again.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    Wasn't a problem for Legion. And no, they won't tune the current ones, why would they?

That's just lazy design, again.
    It definitely was an issue with balancing in Legion. Like, a pretty big one.

Looks like one to skip till the end when the time gates are over and you can get the story.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Not only that, they ALWAYS planned for these story lines, since as far back as warcraft rts. They said it, so it's obviously true.
    Except they didn't say they actually planned for it way back then. Simply that this is the culmination of a story that started back then. Authors don't always know where the story will end otherwise A song of Ice and Fire would have had the next book released ages ago. Because according to your logic 100% of the story needs to be known at the start.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Flame6 View Post
    Well he does have a point. Blizzard has 574 openings according to their hiring page. 9 "game designer roles" just on the wow team. Maybe they have high standards? Maybe nobody wants to work for them? Maybe they like to post job openings with no intention of filling them?
    They have some of the lowest levels of pay in the industry. They used to leverage how good it looked on your resume to of worked for blizzard but that doesn't have the same appeal these days.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    It definitely was an issue with balancing in Legion. Like, a pretty big one.
    It was and correct me if I am wrong but I feel like in most cases nerfs more effected the spec or artifact weapons more then the leggo themselves. I can only recall a few changes from legion but perhaps my class was lucky enough not to need major legendary rebalancing.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Log Cabin View Post
    They have some of the lowest levels of pay in the industry. They used to leverage how good it looked on your resume to of worked for blizzard but that doesn't have the same appeal these days.
    Has this ever actually been substantiated in any way? Like has any other company actually put out what they pay like we had the blizzard spread sheet a while back?
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    This patch is just further evidence that they don't fucking listen to community feedback. I'm really convinced they're trying to bury WoW at this point.
    With how much they've proven to despise large segments of the community, I'm not surprised that they're refusing to listen to feedback.

I don't think WoW will go anywhere any time soon, but I do think it could be put into maintenance mode within the next few years.