Thread: Genshin Impact

10+ Year Old Account
    According to rough CN stream translation, but banners share a pity

I guess this means there will be 1 new character coming out each patch from now on. It's a win for everyone, people who missed previous banners won't have to wait for a year for a rerun, longer banners for new characters means more time for primo farming and to get a better look on new characters' performance before rolling... And then fewer new characters means people may be more inclined to roll for constellations, which should be good for Mihoyo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    I guess this means there will be 1 new character coming out each patch from now on. It's a win for everyone, people who missed previous banners won't have to wait for a year for a rerun, longer banners for new characters means more time for primo farming and to get a better look on new characters' performance before rolling... And then fewer new characters means people may be more inclined to roll for constellations, which should be good for Mihoyo.
    Well at least it wont fell very bad if free to play loses a chance on new 5 star, as they can obtain it maybe half a year later.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

https://genshin.mihoyo.com/en/news/detail/17072

5-Star Items
    1. If you fail to obtain a 5-star character after making 50 Wishes in "Character Event Wish" and continue to wish in "Character Event Wish-2," within a maximum of 40 Wishes made in "Character Event Wish-2," you will be guaranteed to obtain a 5-star character from "Character Event Wish-2."
    2. If you obtain a 5-star character from "Character Event Wish" that is not the 5-star Promotional Character on "Character Event Wish" and continue to wish in "Character Event Wish-2," the next 5-star character will be guaranteed to be the 5-star Promotional Character from "Character Event Wish-2."

I want to hear some opinions, because I'm having a discussion with a friend about this. To me, point 1 is just making clear that you share pity between banners, so 50+40=90, NOT that if you roll 50 wishes and one banner, you get the guaranteed 5* from the other banner. Because on point 2, it says "promotional 5* from the banner", unlike point 1 which just says "a 5* from the banner"

The only thing that puzzles me is that on the spanish fb of Genshin, in both cases says "the promotional 5*". Any guessers in the chat?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gomelus View Post
    https://genshin.mihoyo.com/en/news/detail/17072

5-Star Items
    1. If you fail to obtain a 5-star character after making 50 Wishes in "Character Event Wish" and continue to wish in "Character Event Wish-2," within a maximum of 40 Wishes made in "Character Event Wish-2," you will be guaranteed to obtain a 5-star character from "Character Event Wish-2."
    2. If you obtain a 5-star character from "Character Event Wish" that is not the 5-star Promotional Character on "Character Event Wish" and continue to wish in "Character Event Wish-2," the next 5-star character will be guaranteed to be the 5-star Promotional Character from "Character Event Wish-2."

I want to hear some opinions, because I'm having a discussion with a friend about this. To me, point 1 is just making clear that you share pity between banners, so 50+40=90, NOT that if you roll 50 wishes and one banner, you get the guaranteed 5* from the other banner. Because on point 2, it says "promotional 5* from the banner", unlike point 1 which just says "a 5* from the banner"

The only thing that puzzles me is that on the spanish fb of Genshin, in both cases says "the promotional 5*". Any guessers in the chat?
    Yes, it's just explaining the shared pity rate; it used the 50-40 as an example. It's the same as the regular banner where you have a 50/50 chance to pull a promotional/regular banner character, and then a guaranteed promotional character if you lose.

Wooo reruns on characters I already have. Now I get to build up my primos without having to feel like I'm missing out on not rolling.

After getting Hu Tao, I've realized how good I've had things with Eula. Eula makes everything die instantly with nothing but simple mouse clicks while her E hold and Elemental burst are overkill most of the time.

Hu Tao there's stamina management, hard to master animation canceling, really needing C1, always being low health, dependence on water swords, and having downtime when she's useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    Yes, it's just explaining the shared pity rate; it used the 50-40 as an example. It's the same as the regular banner where you have a 50/50 chance to pull a promotional/regular banner character, and then a guaranteed promotional character if you lose.
    Yeah I figured, they said the same thing in the 2.3 stream, I guess the spanish translation is just bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Wooo reruns on characters I already have. Now I get to build up my primos without having to feel like I'm missing out on not rolling.

After getting Hu Tao, I've realized how good I've had things with Eula. Eula makes everything die instantly with nothing but simple mouse clicks while her E hold and Elemental burst are overkill most of the time.

Hu Tao there's stamina management, hard to master animation canceling, really needing C1, always being low health, dependence on water swords, and having downtime when she's useless.
    Hu tao is much faster in movements when you spam charged so she's very unlikely to be hit from attacks and her St dmg is unrivaled, she's also more versatile for grp composition as you can pair with cryo hydro and electro when fighting big mobs that don't get knocked by overloaded
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

This is my absolute best meme-tier team.
    Baal Elemental Mastery on Bennet c6 burst...overload spam....featuring Energy recharge Xinyan (>_<)
    LOL, best team ever.

Needed homa for my alt account, got elegy and i don't have venti on that account
    Rogues are fine ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Duuuuude, so unlucky!
    I mean...i got lucky on the flower...a lot lucky...
    But THEN i still couldnt reach the clickbait number of 1000 (T_T) so sad

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    This thing feels like it's just waiting to find ways to disappoint me somehow...

Expect +110 def +20% hp at lv20
    Rogues are fine ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    This thing feels like it's just waiting to find ways to disappoint me somehow...

TBF it has insane base substats, so it's probably gonna be useable even if you roll EM and ER.

I totally forgot to show you guys this awesome site.
    It automatically creates a profile of your character to show others (UwU)
    No more boring work on photoshop for half an hour just to show your character.

https://shinshin.moe/

Example of end result:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadow View Post
    I totally forgot to show you guys this awesome site.
    It automatically creates a profile of your character to show others (UwU)
    No more boring work on photoshop for half an hour just to show your character.

https://shinshin.moe/

Example of end result:
    Well it didnt save me so much time (i do it faster in paint lol).

It looks nicer tho:

Me draw Xinyan...and Hu Tao this time (UwU) again...

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Animation cancelling isn't hard at all. She doesn't "need" c1. Being low health isn't really an issue since she can sustain herself. All pyro characters rely on xinqiu. There's no downtime with her as the game is meant to be played rotating your characters, and not just using 1 character only.

Is it really that fun just holding left click 24/7?

10+ Year Old Account
    Evvvv............ https://twitter.com/GenshinImpact/st...59725572268035
    https://www.hoyolab.com/article/1413459

Wings for twitch sub. I dont use that shit.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Evvvv............ https://twitter.com/GenshinImpact/st...59725572268035
    https://www.hoyolab.com/article/1413459

Wings for twitch sub. I dont use that shit.
    The streamers even have to sign an exclusivity agreement, yikes. At least the wings are ugly? Who would they match - maybe Bennett?

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    The streamers even have to sign an exclusivity agreement, yikes. At least the wings are ugly? Who would they match - maybe Bennett?
    Since these are the KFC wings that were available in China some time ago, they most definitely fit Noelle. They should probably fit Diluc, too, since he was in the collab with Noelle, but I don't think they would be such a good fit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.