Poll: Would you want another patch?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Then doing that would mean the actual death (maintenance mode) of WoW.

Blizzard is already in a PR nightmare, they can't afford another WoD and Shadowlands, they need some good fucking press for once.

I remember from videogame articles and magazines at the time that A Realm Reborn had very positive press after the flop that was the previous product, so I can see Blizzard taking some notes from that.
    That required actually closing the game entirely, not just make a new expac.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    That required actually closing the game entirely, not just make a new expac.
    Despite what forum posters and YT streamers would have you believe, once Blizzard announces a new WoW expansion that looks good on the surface, most of the cynicism you’re hearing now will be forgotten and replaced with optimism and hype.

Quote Originally Posted by Resheph View Post
    <sigh> Nobody claimed it's the last patch of the EXPANSION. Did stopping to play WOW kill of your braincells?

They said it was the last patch of the story arc.

Will there be a 9.3? Maybe. Just as likely as yesterday.
    It won't deal with the Shadowlands/Jailer/Sylvanas though. It might not even deal with any known characters, if you interpret the video in a certain way.
    I see where you're going with that and... don't read too much into this.
    There's literally no point of making a whole patch to finish some unresolved story threads of this "superior" story arc that nobody is really invested in.
    9.2.5 is the maximum they can pull, as 9.2 has already little to offer. Raid is a standard so far, thus I wouldn't consider that a huge undertaking. The zone looks cool, but nothing really extraordinary - especially for so alleged "grand finale" of the expansion. Tier sets resemble more of a quest reward than a proper tier set. Soulbinds and conduits stay untouched.

Just deal with the fact that 9.3 won't be delivered. Funny, that it took them couple of minutes to just confirm that 9.3, extinguishing all the hope of the believers They even had to correct their preview video, in which they stated that soulbinds will be updated, lol.

This is beyond a farce. Warlords of Draenor - huge, HUGE potential - wasted.
    Battle for Azeroth - huge potential wasted.
    Shadowlands - enormous potential gone to dust. Story that required more than expansion, resolved within 3 patches (if we take 9.0 into consideration)? A drama in three acts? With no proper beginning, with no midpoint at all, and probably unsatisfactory climax - it just couldn't work by any chance. Jailer could have been such a great story (nobody would guve a single fck about Lich King story retcons) if done properly. Sire Denathrius' story alone deserved a single patch.

I don't care how many content patches they release per xpac, but I DO care about how frequently they release them. Two content patches in an entire fucking year is ridiculous. Every 2.5-3 months is what I'd prefer. Or at least a new raid that often.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    So you wish sexual harrasment on someone because you don't like the way someone develops a story? What is wrong with you?
    Some people are a bit too far out there, honestly, such a claim can ruin someone's career even if innocent, we've seen it before with other people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Volardelis View Post
    I still would've liked a Drust themed patch. wrap up that story line given that at least for Alliance players, there were hints back in BFA that we would go back into Thros to free all the other Kul Tiran souls that were trapped in that realm.

Plus Abby Lewis needs to be punished for what she did to that cat and that dog.
    There is enough cards on the table that the Drust could have new content of their own.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Honestly they just need to get the next expansion pack asap and abandon shadowlands. I say that as someone not playing retail rn and wont be returning until some massive changes are made.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Doubt that, it is the final act for this content, but there are two more as I heard in the video within this section of the idea window, as they teased that they aren't going to share the next stage 'yet'.

- - - Updated - - -

Eh, SL and WoD were filler expansions, not truly the same feel to the game as most of the others. As for the number of major content patches, we can't be sure, but 2-3 still.
    I've never understood this term. What does it even mean. Whats the difference between "filler expansions" vs "normal expansions"?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Despite what forum posters and YT streamers would have you believe, once Blizzard announces a new WoW expansion that looks good on the surface, most of the cynicism you’re hearing now will be forgotten and replaced with optimism and hype.
    I know, thats kind of my point, the copium that this time, this time its gona work out! All those new rushed system are gona suck and everyone will be on copium that 10.2 is finally the end and 11.0 is the awaited reboot! People think by scrapping their expansions asap, is how the game gets better, it never has. The fact some of the copium induced players here think hey they gona ARR that stuff next expac. ARR wasent an expac, they literally closed the entire game, shut the servers down to remake the game.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2021-11-12 at 09:14 PM.

Eh, SL and WoD were filler expansions, not truly the same feel to the game as most of the others. As for the number of major content patches, we can't be sure, but 2-3 still.
    SL was never ever meant to be filler. Neither was WoD, development difficulties and mass player exodus forced them to cut the expansions short to focus on the next big expansion that will draw players back. Shadowlands was a massive attempt at an ambitious cosmic story that would reshape our understanding of the WoW universe, whether you think it succeeded or failed is subjective of course, but filler is not the right word at all imo.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    Shadowlands was a massive attempt at an ambitious cosmic story that would reshape our understanding of the WoW universe, whether you think it succeeded or failed is subjective of course, but filler is not the right word at all imo.
    If they're abandoning it this quickly and only delivering mediocre amount of content patches once every 6 months instead of on a faster cadence, it's safe to say it failed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    SL was never ever meant to be filler. Neither was WoD, development difficulties and mass player exodus forced them to cut the expansions short to focus on the next big expansion that will draw players back. Shadowlands was a massive attempt at an ambitious cosmic story that would reshape our understanding of the WoW universe, whether you think it succeeded or failed is subjective of course, but filler is not the right word at all imo.
    None of the expansions were meant to be 'filler', but it is a term that has been put in use before, with such as WoD. It can succeed or fail as it goes but people call things differently, and for me, most things that can be written out of the story from happening on the basic level of the world building from WoD and SL due to them taking away from the main world, as well as both are considered "limited selected personnel" in the story. In the end, we all have different tags, just like there is a difference in what we consider the best or worst expansions, the three best of mine happen to remain in the main world with a few branching moments into other experiences without leaving the core.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2021-11-12 at 09:18 PM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    None of the expansions were meant to be 'filler', but it is a term that has been put in use before, with such as WoD. It can succeed or fail as it goes but people call things differently, and for me, most things that can be written out of the story from happening on the basic level of the world building from WoD and SL due to them taking away from the main world, as well as both are considered "limited selected personnel" in the story.
    By this logic how is TBC not filler too?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    By this logic how is TBC not filler too?
    To an extent, one could consider it, if it wasn't for the part of storywise, we forced massive forces into the crumbling lands of Draenor, unlike WoD and SL, where the arriving numbers were significantly less. Then again, as well, the story was already rooted in Outland, while WoD and SL were more experimental to adventure into other realms/timelines as the main stay.

None of the expansions were meant to be 'filler', but it is a term that has been put in use before, with such as WoD. It can succeed or fail as it goes but people call things differently, and for me, most things that can be written out of the story from happening on the basic level of the world building from WoD and SL due to them taking away from the main world, as well as both are considered "limited selected personnel" in the story.
    The SL story retconned too much stuff to be filler of anything. Its literally talking about the laws of their universe lol, they should have never went into that kind of fanfiction level of shit. Sometime, explaining too much, is worse then not explaining your world enough and SL is exactly the kind of thing that should never be done. When you are now talking about the creator of the creator of the creator, mabye, just mabye you ran out of ideas. However that cant be filler, its literally fundamental in universe lore, meaning the entire world, all the other expansions would not exist without this SL lore in retrospect. Sure thats a stupid thing to write about, but its written and its the opposite of filler. Filler is an expansion about the legacy of makrik wife, a side story.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2021-11-12 at 09:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I mean, look at this last video. They spent literally 90% of the time talking about random shit no one cares about like floating rocks, walking on water (lol), and talking robots. And only the artists and writers spoke.

Part of me thinks that's because they are indeed all working on 10.0 and bringing in the big guns, with 9.2 merely serving as a filler patch until 10.0 is ready.

Ion isn't even there even though he announced 8.3, so why would he not announce 9.2?
    This is the same cope from the bfa days.

10+ Year Old Account
    The SL story retconned too much stuff to be filler of anything. Its literally talking about the laws of their universe lol, they should have never went into that kind of fanfiction level of shit. Sometime, explaining too much, is worse then not explaining your world enough and SL is exactly the kind of thing that should never be done. When you are now talking about the creator of the creator of the creator, mabye, just mabye you ran out of ideas.
    Indeed, a lot of retcons happened but that happened to fill in for the tweaks and changes, scribbles and doodles that were to become Shadowlands.

Honestly, the three cards I've always held in the bottom of my deck, hoping for Blizzard to never use, were an afterlife, alternate timelines, and even the Emerald dream. Luckily, in Legion, they only showed us a fraction of the experience and limited it down to a selected class to experience it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    pretty much the case every expansion cycle. i was excited for SL when it was announced. then i played it for a few months and dropped with the denathrius raid cause it was wonky as hell and crashed my rig multiple time from the clutter of effects. ive upgraded since and the new patch looks interesting.
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

Indeed, a lot of retcons happened but that happened to fill in for the tweaks and changes, scribbles and doodles that were to become Shadowlands.

Honestly, the three cards I've always held in the bottom of my deck, hoping for Blizzard to never use, were an afterlife, alternate timelines, and even the Emerald dream. Luckily, in Legion, they only showed us a fraction of the experience and limited it down to a selected class to experience it.
    Yeah, but the problem is that kind of can of worm cant be closed now lol. Where do you go from there. We know how the universe work and have access to the afterlife, lets go back to picking grass, killing boars and having war over waterways?

The cosmic layer needed to end at the other titans helping us defeat sargeras, one of their own. Going beyond one godhood figure on another level was just brainrot. You cant keep adding new cosmic levels to stuff. Azeroth is not the only planet, should have went with other planets and not make more and more level of realms. Next time you are in your corner, who do you add next, is there gona be a creator of the originator or what ever they called them? You have to keep some mysticisms to your story to make it relatable, you cant explain every little single detail of how every single thing ever existed.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2021-11-12 at 09:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Azxza View Post
    This is the same cope from the bfa days.
    No one thought 8.3 was filler dude. Trash? Yes. Filler? Hell No, it was the patch with N'Zoth and Ny'alotha.

This patch, 9.2, does look like filler though, with Blue Thanos and Oribos 1.5.

While Ion announced 8.3, he couldn't even be bothered to unveil 9.2 himself.
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

Yeah, but the problem is that kind of can of worm cant be closed now lol. Where do you go from there. We know how the universe work and have access to the afterlife, lets go back to picking grass, killing boars and having war over waterways?
    Honestly a war over a waterway sounds like a more compelling story then the last to expansions.